Emotional hardships (COVID)

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by DesertStar7, Aug 1, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

I transcribe medical, including psychiatric, reports.

Not surprisingly, there's a BIG uptick in cases of people having nervous breakdowns, hallucinations, and thoughts of suicide at this time.

:(

So much more praying to do.

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Point well taken. I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

Mary's child and DesertStar7 like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Yes I am sure. This is a chastisement in more ways than one. Lots more prayer needed.

4. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Perhaps more people will experience mental health issues due to covid than those who actually contract the virus

5. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Very sad. I have seen a number of people in the area where I live talking to themselves on the street. Two ladies in particular come to mind that I saw over the past couple of months and one I see regularly talking to herself on the street. Have heard other stories also of people going over the edge mentally. Seems that there is more to this than just the virus. I personally have been experiencing attacks most night since the beginning of this year, I'm pretty sure it is the evil one trying to get at me and confuse me.

6. AED

AED Powers

We are on the receiving end of numerous attacks coming from so many directions now. We are in a time of severe testing I think. All of us. And each attack seems to zero in individually on our most vulnerable wounds. This is so unprecedented. I cant think of any time I've lived through up to now that even comes close. And worst of all in this testing is a worldly weak Church (several wonderful priests bishops and Cardinals not withstanding) I never pictured it like this. But Christ is with us. More now than ever I think. As close as we are to ourselves. I am rereading Maurice and Therese --the letters between St Therese in her last months and a young seminarian and then priest. She is so wonderful and so clear about God's love and mercy. It's been like a spiritual vitamin reading her words.

Booklady, Seagrace, Julia and 6 others like this.
  7. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

I have a copy of that. Need to read it.

I slip in and out of oh man this is getting bad to a return to poetical daydreaming.

Grasping and holding onto reality is difficult for me. Not intentional.

8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Anyone else feel that God has abandonded the world & the Church to itself? (*He hasn't - it just feels the world is out of control and we are engulfed in the darkness of unbelief).

I am feeling more and more like an isolated soul (in a spiritual sense).

I think a lot of this insecurity comes from the lack of clarity from the top of the Church. There has been a total neglect of the flock.

So we are like fatherless children in the house of God.

Like sheep with a shepherd who has his head stuck in the sand.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Tanker, Booklady, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  9. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

for me before bedtime is the most propitious moment to panic, a whirlwind of thoughts occurs to me mainly about the safety of my family members who are vulnerable to the disease.

Lumena, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

That's the time to repeat the Divine Mercy prayer, 'Jesus I trust in Thee'.

Don_D, Booklady, Seagrace and 5 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Jesus was moved to pity when He saw the multitudes like sheep without a shepherd. But yes, I see what you mean. Too bad we can't change it.

12. AED

AED Powers

"Fatherless children"--yes! Thats how it feels. Exactly. Having JP II or BXVI steering the bark of Peter would bring such comfort but instead.... well let's just say the ship is careening.
    Reading St Therese yesterday really touched my soul. She felt isolated spiritually. No light. None. Convinced on a material level that heaven was not real and God was not real. But on the spiritual level she made continuous acts of love and faith. She willed herself to believe even though she was beset by a mocking interior voice that kept hammering at her that it was all for nothing. There is no way out of this except to go through it and keep making acts of faith, hope and love. And pleading the Blood of Jesus over our poor world. And begging Our Lady to crush this vile serpent under her foot.

13. AED

AED Powers

Yes. It's the worst time. Waking in the middle of the night and thinking this is even worse. The Rosary helps. Also you can say prayers of protection for your family and shake Holy water in their direction and ask you Guardian Angel to carry the blessing to them. Cover them in the Blood of Jesus and the blue mantle of Mary and the cloak of St Joseph and place them under the protective shield of St Michael and their holy angels. I do this every night. I believe/know Our Lord honors this prayer.

Booklady, Beth B, garabandal and 6 others like this.
  14. Advocata Nostra

Advocata Nostra Archangels

Might I suggest praying Compline? The Church, in Her Wisdom, has members offer up this prayer each night in the Divine Office to cover us in God’s protection. It is fairly all-encompassing. (Night Prayer came out of this.)~AN

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.