Efforts to "debunk" the Miracle of the Sun

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by RosaryWielder, Jul 16, 2020.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

I've currently got myself caught up in a debate regarding the Miracle of the Sun, and have to go through and refute the various efforts to "debunk" the miracle. Most of the natural phenomena presented falls quite short of what the eye witness accounts testified regarding the Miracle of the Sun, but I'd like any useful information and the like, that anyone has regarding attempts made to "debunk" the Miracle of the Sun.

So far, the strongest argument I've heard against the miracle was that, allegedly, some people present didn't actually see the miracle; however even if that were the case, there could be reasons why God Himself would prevent someone from seeing the miracle, such as one being in the illuminative stage during their spiritual life. Also can someone provide me with information about what certain members of the clergy and hierarchy have said about Fatima, someone brought up quotes from a priest in Fatima who allegedly said, that the Church manipulated and gaslighted Sister Lucia throughout her life; I've also been given a quote, allegedly by Cardinal Ratzinger himself, that said that Sister Lucia made-up the Third Secret by ripping it off of various devotional books.

Does anyone have any important information I should know?

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

This from Mark Mallett

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/debunking-the-sun-miracle-skeptics/

RosaryWielder likes this.