double users

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by "Quis ut Deus", Jan 27, 2017.

1. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Just a quick note,

If for some reason members want to dishonestly sign up to the forum using two user names please be advised that it is extremely obvious to admin, why someone would want to pretend to be someone else especially on a catholic forum makes my head spin ??

So seriously examine your conscience and leave the deceit at the door...:confused::confused::mad:

Carmel333, JAA, heyshepard and 2 others like this.
  2. little me

little me Archangels

3. BrianK

BrianK Guest

That's probably worse than rotating IPs:
    http://motheofgod.com/threads/rotating-ips.10116/

"Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  4. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I don't understand why there would be double indentity. I know although I know I'm a sinner, and I want to keep trying to be good and do fruits of God's will, I see nothing gained by splitting my personality. You won't fool God and apparently forum staff members. :)

5. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

Reminds me of that old joke...

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I've got a split personality,
    And so do I.

djmoforegon, AED, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  6. "Quis ut Deus"

The most common reason for double identity is to use the second user as a whip i.e to agree and like the original posters comments, this enhances the first user to likeability and also to win arguments,, there is however a medical reason this is evident when the original user starts to send private messages to their pseudo this is slight insanity as the only person reading and answering the messages is the person themselves..I kid you not on this as I have seen this behavior before whilst moderating on other forums..:confused::confused::eek::eek:

Beth B and BrianK like this.
  7. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

I agree the mental health issue may be one reason for pm'ing one's own pseudo-identity. I think another reason is to cause the forum administrators to think they really are two different people, or at least divert them for a while. Another reason for having two identities in the first place--one starts a fake "argument" with the other concerning a topic the poster wishes to introduce. The second identity then begins to agree with the first, giving the impression the first's argument is very persuasive and right.

Beth B, "Quis ut Deus" and BrianK like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

It is not a proper thing for a Catholic to be involved in. In fact I would consider is sinful as it involves a deceit. It is noticeable how many people leave morality at the door on the internet as though the normal rules of human intercourse no longer apply. Notice for instance how nasty and uncharitable otherwise normal mature adults can be on the web.

JAA, "Quis ut Deus", AED and 2 others like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

At the End of Our Lives when we Face the Good God at the Judgement Seat we will have to give an account of ourselves for our behaviour on the internet just as much as for ours sins in the ordinary everyday. Many people forget this or overlook it.

In this God will be our final Moderator and He is a moderator who does not miss too much. In fact He does not miss a single key stroke.

Beth B, "Quis ut Deus" and BrianK like this.
  10. "Quis ut Deus"

Loved the above quote... it screams words straight from the Holy Spirit, I was very tempted to use it as my signature..:):)

BrianK and Pray4peace like this.
  11. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

I totally agree Padraig, but those who believe there is a final judgement are probably not well represented among the double posters and floating ip users. I think among them they are not really believers at all. I think they pose as Catholic believers on this forum intending to sway opinions among Catholics, but then join an Evangelical or Jewish or conservative political forum, pretending to be one of the group but still intending to sway public opinion within those groups. Maybe I am cynical or paranoid, but that is what I think.

12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Wow....don't know if this should make one laugh....or have sympathy for the behaviour. Apolgically, I must admit that I had to laugh:LOL:.

BrianK likes this.
  13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

God forgive me for asking; but is this not describing a form of 'self abuse.'
    I wonder how you could go about confessing a sin like that. :mad:

14. One would hope that moderators or anyone else would not have access to pms on this forum, otherwise what would be the point of the pm option?

15. BrianK

BrianK Guest

This forum software has the option of keeping PMs private, or being open to the administrator. I don't know how it's set here but I've been on other forums where the admin had access to all "private" conversations ... and used it against members. Never say anything in an electronic format or email assuming it can't or won't be made public. That's not a reference to this forum but just common good sense and practice with the internet in general.

16. padraig

padraig New Member

I have never accessed private Pm's myself. I am not even sure if I could.

Private to me means private.

Booklady and BrianK like this.
  17. Booklady

Booklady Powers

Shame on them sock puppets! upload_2017-1-29_3-50-3.png :LOL: They may change their appearance (name and IP address) but they can't change their writing style. After ten posts or so, a good moderator can smell a rat!

18. "Quis ut Deus"

I can confirm 100% that Moderators do not have access to personal information or private messages of forum users on this site if they did the site owner would be in breech of the data protection act, for that reason the forum software has pre set permissions built in when a moderator is created, the only member of the site that has access to all areas is the Super Moderator/Admin (The Owner of the Forum) the reason for this is obvious, you can't run a web site/forum and be locked out of certain areas of the sites software. If you wish you can examine for yourself what I have said by reading the xenforo manual

BrianK likes this.
  19. "Quis ut Deus"

Actually Brian that statement is wrong, If you see my above quote it is only a super admin/moderator that has access, simple admin is controlled by a super moderator. any restricted access to the sites software can only be allowed if the super admin/moderator assigns permission in the software to the admin, you can not assign permission to a moderator for personal info/pm's you have to make the moderator an admin first and then upgrade them to an assistant super mod/admin

BrianK likes this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

It would be sinful to read other people's Pm's.

Booklady, BrianK and SgCatholic like this.