Don't want to, but am going to.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by DesertStar7, Jul 18, 2021.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Tomorrow (Monday) morning I'll have breakfast at a restaurant with husband and his Baptist minister and his wife.

No one twisted my arm.

I'm definitely NOT returning to Protestantism ever.

It's simply that this man has been a good friend to (disabled) husband, a sympathetic ear, etc.

Minister and wife invited us.

Okay. I'll keep it to a $4.00 breakfast burrito and iced water (no charge).

Perhaps we'll have future meals together as two friendly couples, but I've already plainly told husband that's as far as it goes.

I was a life-long, born Protestant until mid-2019. I have no warm feelings or nostalgia for it. For some Protestant friends, yes; shared growing-up memories. But that's all.

Beth B, Mary's child, AED and 6 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Enjoy your breakfast and be thankful. This will work out and all will be well.

3. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Enjoy your breakfast and the company. I do understand from my own experience that Baptist’s sometimes are a little aggressive toward Catholics but hopefully you can enjoy some fellowship!

4. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

I can totally relate to this. I grew up an atheist. When I was a kid, an old Bible from the late 1800s or early 1900s fell into my hands. I read the book of Revelation. It gave me a strange feeling, although I was an atheist. I would have never thought that we are going go to through this in our lifetime.
    As regards the breakfast, yes, good idea. Who knows what God will do? We have the Eucharist and confirmed miracles around it (Legnica, Sokolka, Lanciano). We have Fatima and Akita, with confirmed miracles. We have apostolic succession right back to St. Peter (whatever good or bad apostles we have right now). I personally like Baptists as I have a long-term Baptist friend in England whom I must write to and have long postponed it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    DesertStar7 and Mary's child like this.
  5. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Enjoy your breakfast together and ask for help from Holy Spirit.

6. DesertStar7

Thanks all. :)

And that's precisely why I'm wearing a Divine Mercy pin and an Immaculate Heart of Mary pin on my blouse. ;)

I want this to be an honest meeting. Their reaction (or lack thereof) will be telling of course. :coffee:

17 minutes to go...

Michael Pio, Ananchal, Sam and 4 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Good on you DS! The armor of God.(y)

Michael Pio, Sam, DesertStar7 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mario

Mario Powers

Witnessing without words. I like it.(y)

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Michael Pio, Ananchal, AED and 4 others like this.
  9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Funny, perhaps you will be a source of conversion to them…the Holy Spirit is without limits :)!

Michael Pio, Ananchal, AED and 3 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

God writes straight with crooked lines.

11. DesertStar7

It went well. They are sincerely nice people, and picked up the tab. No guilt, no questions, just good conversation and food. :)

12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is sooo good

Michael Pio, AED and DesertStar7 like this.