Don't stop me now!

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Dec 8, 2019.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Away working on a lot of changes in my life.

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception everyone! I've done quite well this week, all of your advice really help me, I'm really trusting in God and working on my gratitude for Him and what He has done in my life.

However I'm still struggling, especially with sins of anger, I'm working on offering up sexually temptations, but temptations to anger are even harder to avoid, resist and/or offer up.

I have renewed my Marian Consecration today for this Feast Day, but I wasn't able to go to confession this weekend, I'll have to wait until the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe in order to make my confession. In addition renewing my Marian Consecration and fulfilling my First Saturday Devotion, I'm also hoping to gain an Indulgence for a soul in Purgatory with this upcoming confession; please pray that I make it there and beyond.

Thanks.

Sam, Carol55, DesertStar7 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Hi RW, Father Chad Ripperger gave a talk and as far as I remember he said the areas of sin we struggle with the most and find problematic are the areas that God wants us to achieve the most perfection in. Every vice has a corresponding virtue.

RosaryWielder, AED and Jo M like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I remember hearing from a priest one time that sins of impurity and anger are closely linked.

I cannot recall why he linked the two.

Intuitively this might seem false, but I suspect that in fact the Father was right.

Interesting; I will have to go away and think and pray about it.:)

Why would impurity and anger be linked? mmmm

Prayers and thought. I must look if up.:)

RosaryWielder likes this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Youth. :) It really drives a person. By age 35 I felt like every inner belt, bolt, spark plug, etc., was being run to shreds. :X3:

Whew!

So go easy on yourself. :cool:

RosaryWielder, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. DesertStar7

Frustration?

And that's all I'm going to offer. :sleep:

6. padraig

padraig New Member

ahh I see a Scripture pairing the two.

Galatians 5:19-21

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Maybe if you can't control the urging of the body you'll never control your temper and vice a versa? I know there is a lot of violence associated with the sex trade.

I notice with 'Gay Rights' , loads and loads of anger.

Then of course serial killers. Loads of anger there.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

Interesting too that St Paul pairs impurity with:

'idolatry and witchcraft'

Which might explain the Pachamama thing in the Vatican. They're up to their eyeballs in impurity in Rome.

St Paul was so wise.

RosaryWielder, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes!

RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  10. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Praying for you RosaryWielder. Anger is such a difficult emotion to let go of. I just saw this film last night that addressed anger and forgiveness in a childlike way.
    'A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood' was based on a true story about Fred Rogers, and how his gentle kindness changed the course of a man's life. Four generations of our family watched this movie together, and we were all very touched.

RosaryWielder and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Fits of rage fits the current political climate in the US.

DesertStar7 and RosaryWielder like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Both are passions that require mastery of self? Neither are evil of themselves but set loose from right reason they are destructive? Just a thought.

13. AED

AED Powers

I should amend that. Impurity is always evil. Sexual desire is not.

RosaryWielder and DesertStar7 like this.
  14. DesertStar7

That is amazing. o_O I haven't been with four generations of my family since age 12??

How happy I am for you. :D

Jo M, RosaryWielder and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

RW,

I used to struggle with rage during the first 4 years of marriage, but it was a rage directed primarily at myself because of a perceived failure to live out the Faith to the degree I thought I should. This self-condemnation spilled over and affected my family primarily but did not spill out into "my public life." My wife and I called these two-to-three day stints: tailspins. We came up with measures that attempted to minimize the affects on our family, but...

Finally, in December of 1987, Our Lady intervened with a special grace at a First Friday Holy Mass when I heard these verses from Ephesians 1 preached on:

18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power in us who believe, according to the working of his great might.

When I claimed this verse for my personal need, those tailspins of rage were broken and my self-inflicted wounds goaded on by the devil were healed.

My advice is to persevere in prayer and if you are "beating yourself up" continue entrusting this wound into the loving hands of Mary, for the immeasurable greatness of his power in us who believe is far greater than the lies of the enemy. He knows it and Mary will impress this truth into the fabric of your heart and will.

Perseverance is the key. I will include you daily in my prayers, and ask Mary to vanquish the enemy!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Sam, AED, padraig and 3 others like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Wow, Mario!
    Thanks be to God and the Blessed Mother.

17. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Away working on a lot of changes in my life.

Thanks everyone,

I'm praying and keeping watch now.

I've been reading Advent with Our Lady of Fatima by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle for my meditations during Advent, and oddly enough this week's section in the book is going to focus on peace.

Sam likes this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

My brother in America one time years ago struggled with drinking and fighting anger issues many years ago. The court send him to a head shrinker who had some very interesting and insightful things to say.:)

He asked my brother how much he drank on a regular basis and was horrified at the response saying it was far, far too much.

When my brother replied that everyone in Ireland drank like that the Doctor said that then everyone in Ireland needed help.:D:D

He asked a question about how we as a family acted when we were young when we went into somewhere to eat. You know we were all made to sit very quietly and never complain. I think they could have served us hay and we would have eaten it.:);)

The Doctor pointed out that this was part of the trouble. My brother had been taught to repress things rather than to express things. SO the anger built up inside. I thought this was so wise and insightful. Nowadays if I have an issue I try to express it to confront things head on without being nasty or not picking. It's not easy and I find myself not very good t it but I do keep trying.

I got to Church very early this morning and there were only four or five people there. Two of them were speaking and laughing very loudly during my hour of prayer before mass. I mean very loudly non stop.

I thought of going down and saying something but to be honest I couldn't build up the courage. Anyway I suspect very strongly that there would only have been a big huge row and I would have achieved nothing. Anyway that is my excuse and I am s ticking with it.:D:D

But I recall being in a big Church in Kracow in Poland a few years back and how quick folks were there to hush people who spoke in Church. I wish it were like that in Ireland but perhaps people are afraid of broken noses.;)

But anyway my brothers experience with the head shrinker I found so helpful. Simply to ask simple questions as to why I get angry ; what is the root cause? The same I suppose for all manner of sins. I think Good Confessors ask these kind of questions normally. Its quite true a lot of this stuff really does go right back to childhood.

19. padraig

padraig New Member

By the way the viewing figures for the forum as up 73% this month. Don't ask me why, But it really lovely to see it.:):)

Oh Mary Conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    RosaryWielder and Lumena like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Powerful!