Donkey Power. Praise God.

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by Julia, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Loved this video about how good donkeys are at protecting flocks. And fighting predators.

Maybe our shepherds could learn a lesson or two from these creatures.

Booklady, ellen, lynnfiat and 5 others like this.
  2. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Yep, we have 2 Jerusalem Donkeys, their names are Grace and Angel. They are the sheriffs round here. Found a fox once, flat as a pancake, in the field. Donkeys took care of it. It's been a while as I think they chased the coyotes off but I'd find them every so often in the morning bleeding from their shins where the coyotes tried to take them down, but lost. The phrase "kicks like a mule" is for a reason.

They call them Jerusalem Donkeys because they think it's the type that carried Jesus into Jerusalem, and they have a cross on their backs:

[​IMG]

Yes, we need more bishops that understand how to sheperd properly :)

Booklady, Jo M, lynnfiat and 5 others like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love your donkeys.:love:

AED, Jo M and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  4. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

We do too. Right after we got them I was down by the pasture looking up at this amazing rainbow in the sky and praying a decade out loud, all of a sudden I felt each of their bodies on each side, they had come up behind me and kind of nudged me and leaned into me as I finished the Hail Marys. Now I say a Hail Mary whenever I'm around them and they stop what they're doing and come over to me and just watch, God's beautiful creation :)

Booklady, AED, Sam and 5 others like this.
  5. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

:love:

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  6. Byron

Byron Powers

FatimaPilgrim what a Fabulous life!

7. Jo M

Jo M Powers

True, no coincidence that a donkey carried Mary and Jesus on the Holy Family's flight into Egypt. They are special creatures, you are blessed to have them. There is a Jerusalem donkey who protects a small farm down the street from my daughter's house. He is the neighborhood celebrity, my grandchildren love him and are always begging to visit with him. :)

Booklady, FatimaPilgrim, AED and 2 others like this.