Dominican Priest scientist developing yeast-based vaccine for COVID

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Luiflower, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Luiflower

Luiflower Angels

Fr. Nicanor Austriaco of OCTA Research Team has said to ANC - "We are developing 2 versions of the vaccine. One [is] against the original strain and we have just started the development of a vaccine alternative against the variants -- the South African and the P.1 Brazilian variants. So, we will be testing both and we might just combine the 2,"

The Dominican priest, teaches biology and theology at the Providence College in the US, said the genetically engineered yeast creates a spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 to trigger an immune response against the illness.

When asked when this vaccine will be available, Austriaco told Rappler, “When God allows.”
    “So I have told the Lord, I will do the very best science I can do. But one of the things you know as a scientist is, it's not effort. Science is not about effort. They will say science is effort and luck. For me it’s about effort and grace. I've worked amongst the best in the world. If you look at the discoveries that have littered science, molecular biology, in the last 50 years, there is a lot of effort, but there's a lot of Providence as well,” Austriaco said.

PRAYERS, PRAYERS.

Links
    https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/nati...iologist-priest-nicanor-austriaco/ar-BB1dkSIQ
    https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/in-depth/religion-coronavirus-pandemic-unseen-force-vaccines

2. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Idk who that doctor is but I’m already disposed to like him immensely :)

AED likes this.
  3. Byron

Byron Powers

Praying graces will make this vaccine available very soon.

AED likes this.
  4. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Oh my goodness, please Lord bless the work of this priest. I sure do wish he'd also make an ethical version of the rubella vaccine too. I'm struggling so much since I've learned more about the MMR. My youngest is due to get his, and I'm tied up in knots about whether to give it to him or not. My husband and I prayed so much about vaccines for the kids and had concluded with peace that we should do a delayed, spaced out schedule but get them fully vaccinated to keep the state off our backs. Now I'm struggling again because of the MMR.

5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

It is worthy to note this Priest scientist is developing vaccine suitable for the strain of virus found in certain parts of the world, this might not suit us in the Northern Hemisphere.

May God give him success in development of a vaccine that can be taken orally, and without the need for refrigeration. That would make it very easy to transport and administer even in poorly developed regions.

And if we all trust in God, maybe he will find a suitable combination in his research that will be effective in the strain of virus that affects us here in the Northern Hemisphere. That would be a huge blessing for those of us who do not want vaccine contaminated by cell lines from abortion.

6. Byron

Byron Powers

Does anyone know more about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine?

Julia likes this.
  7. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

https://www.usccb.org/news/2021/us-...-address-use-johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine

"Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines raised concerns because an abortion-derived cell line was used for testing them, but not in their production. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, however, was developed, tested and is produced with abortion-derived cell lines raising additional moral concerns. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has judged that ‘when ethically irreproachable Covid-19 vaccines are not available … it is morally acceptable to receive Covid-19 vaccines that have used cell lines from aborted fetuses in their research and production process.[1] However, if one can choose among equally safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines, the vaccine with the least connection to abortion-derived cell lines should be chosen. Therefore, if one has the ability to choose a vaccine, Pfizer or Moderna’s vaccines should be chosen over Johnson & Johnson’s. "

AED and Byron like this.
  8. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

If you can wait, be PATIENT for non RNA versions! They are coming!

PurpleFlower, Byron and Julia like this.
  9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

An ethical vaccine derived from or not tested on an aborted cell line will not be available until the end of 2021 at least

Byron and Julia like this.
  10. Julia

We do know J&J use cell lines from aborted babies.

On a secular level it is said to be effective in more than one strain of the virus, so from that point of view it would be a better option.

11. Julia

Please God you are right about this, even if we have to wait a while.

I don't care about taking the risk of a vaccine killing me; but I don't want to be killed by a vaccine that leaves me cast out into the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    garabandal and Byron like this.
  12. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

Is the Russian vaccine "Sputnik" ethical?

13. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Novavax will be mostly ethical & is NOT RNA. That should be out soon, by summer I think.

Further, I wonder if a physician can order their patients a specific one if approved but not available in every state or city?

PurpleFlower likes this.
  14. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

15. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Clare A and Byron like this.
  16. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

17. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I wouldn't trust anything that came out of that company. It donates to Planned Parenthood.

Byron, PurpleFlower and AED like this.