Division and discouragement.

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Mario, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

It appears satan is now attacking wholeheartedly with the weapons of discouragement and division. In the USA, bishops seem to be taking sides on the question of how to respond to Obama. The media, both Catholic and secular, is beginning to have a heyday with this. Though I might not condone his style, the issues surrounding the resignation of the Bishop of Scranton illuminate the divisions within the episcopate. The tenor of the articles is not one of objectivity, either.

On the other hand, within the sphere of my friends, discouragement seems to be on the rise. This is happening with mature Christians whom I thought would be able to ward off such attacks. Beset with problems and difficulties, the memory of a gracious God who has saved them in the past has fled.

My friends, I beg you to be faithful to your prayers. Pray the psalms of deliverance. Pray the Prayer to St. Michael. Cultivate gratitude in your heart and sing songs of praise to God though you may not feel like it. Place yourselves under the Mantle of Mary. Take your eyes off your predicament and reach out to someone in need. Recall the days of Gideon and realize that our Lord is the God of the impossible!

...and know that your kinswoman, Elizabeth, in her old age has conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. For with God nothing will be impossible!

Remember, God is Almighty! God is good! God is merciful. God is Love!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Beautiful reflection.

'Be faithful to God in the good times and in the bad times'.

That is true saving faith.

3. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Amen!! NOTHING is impossible with God!

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Amen.