Divine Mercy and the end of The Time of Mercy

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Muzhik, Mar 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

I just got this forwarded from a friend. It's a letter that another person wrote to her, suggesting something frightening. I got her permission to repost this, and I'm doing so with names being redacted:

Something to think about.

Hi XXXX,

I hope you are well and weathering this spiritual drought as best as you can. It is a very difficult time.

I had a thought earlier that made me think of you, because of your devotion to Divine Mercy Sunday. Based on all of the "shelter-in-place" laws, and lockdowns, and suspended masses, there is a good chance that many of the faithful will not have any opportunity to receive Holy Communion on Divine Mercy Sunday this year.

Our Lord attached so many promises and graces to Holy Communion on this day - complete forgiveness of all sin and punishment. He said that the floodgates of his mercy would be wide open. He told St. Faustina many times that men must enter through the door of his mercy or through the door of his justice. He said the time of mercy would end, and then people would face his justice.

If it happens that almost no one is able to celebrate the Feast of Mercy this year and receive Holy Communion, might it be a sign from Our Lord that the time of Mercy has come to and end, and that we are now entering the time of Justice? I believe you had a similar thought a few years ago, but perhaps it is being confirmed by what is happening.

Please give me an update. I'm locked down in my apartment, but fortunately I am still able to keep my job teaching classes remotely using a camera and tablet on the computer.

Your friend
    YYYY

I want to add that you are also supposed to confess your sins, within 8 days before or after Divine Mercy Sunday, which will also be impossible for many people.

2. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

Faustina diary....

Before I come as the just judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: "All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day. " - Saint Faustina, AD 1937
    ---------------------------------------

My personal belief is this is a description of the Great Warning.

This is a great act of God's mercy so I don't believe we have exhausted the time of mercy yet.

Sam, Mary's child, Muzhik and 2 others like this.
  3. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

I fully and truly believe that in this time of isolation and lockdown, with sacramental confession and the Eucharist disappearing from the face of the earth, the guidelines written in the Catechism apply, ie, a perfect act of contrition, with penance and firm resolution of amending your life, and a firm resolution to attend confession as soon as it’s possible again.
    I was reading in bishop Athanasius Schneider’s book “Christus Vincit”, that many many months passed by in the former Soviet Union without sight of a priest. The priests went from house to house in secret, perhaps one a year, hearing confessions, saying masses, performing weddings.
    What did the people there do between visits? This situation lasted many decades.

So we therefore have a similar situation of the Church “disappearing” before. And the people in the USSR lived the Catechism as best they could with no priests or confessions.

On Divine Mercy Sunday, I’m ploughing ahead with the devotion regardless of whether I’m alone or in a packed church.
    I’ll pray at 3pm and make a sincere act of contrition, uniting myself with the many millions who will be doing that remotely but with me.
    Won’t be the same though, but God, I’m certain, will be 10000 times more merciful to the faithful now, than he would normally otherwise be.

However, I’m greatly troubled by Sr Sasagawas comment (paraphrase) - (I felt the times were upon us). And of course her terrible warning “put on ashes”.
    It seems like something’s changed, like the times are different (like it was said in Garabandal - “the end of the times”).

Sam, maryn, sterph and 4 others like this.