Didn’t turn to them in time

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Dec 28, 2019.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

Last night, or rather early in the morning, I was struggling with temptations. I didn’t call out to Jesus and Mary for help and I fell. I tried to go to the Cathedral for confession but they weren’t offering confession today. I’m going to try and go to mass tonight and ask for confession then, but it’ll be difficult. I’m worried that I may not be able to go to confession until after the New Year.

Also, at the beginning of this week, I made a terrible mistake that may end up leaving spiritually vulnerable in the near future.

Can you please pray for me regarding all this?

2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Prayers going up for you, RW. Pray to your dear Guardian Angel for spiritual protection.

Beth B, RosaryWielder and gracia like this.
  3. gracia

gracia Archangels

Prayers, RW. You're making progress, friend, I can see it.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  4. RosaryWielder

I’m continuing to fall, it’s like all my progress in Advent is slowly being undone. I hate this.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

RW...everyone of us fails...sometimes daily....regardless of what that failing is. We are all sinners. The time to worry is when you no longer recognize that you are sinning...when you feel no need to repent. That is more of a concern RW.
    You’ve recognized your failing and you know the remedy. Do what every other sinner does....confess and start over. The only time we will not be tempted or fail is when this life is over and we die in a state of grace. Until then,just know that everyone of us is struggling....but thanks be to God, He gave us opportunity for both grace and forgiveness...otherwise, we’d all be lost.

6. RosaryWielder

I just hate that I keep falling so badly, it's bad enough that I fall, but after that to keep falling, so that I make the habits I'm in harder, not easier to overcome, is really upsetting. Especially when I have a vocation to pursue and a limited time pursue it.

Mario and Beth B like this.
  7. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

I will share with you something my Irish Dad told me when I was a kid, and it really has helped me immensely my whole life. He said, everytime you are tempted to do something you don't want to do, all you have to say is "Satan Be Gone!", and you will immediately feel relief. Try that! And little conversations with Jesus are always helpful too. This will be a great year for you, I just know it. Keep the Faith.

gracia, RosaryWielder, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

It's easy to fall into this RW. And to feel so sad and so guilty. That kind of anxiety is just what the devil wants. Tell Jesus sincerely you are sorry. Ask His help to make a good confession. Call on Mother Mary to put you under the crossing of her arms and be at peace. Dont lose your peace!!! Jesus had already forgiven you. He knows your weaknesses better than you do. He has told many saints that our falls do not trouble Him when we are sorry and get up and try again. He is right there to strengthen us. Katfalls is right. Tell Satan "begone!"

gracia, RosaryWielder and Beth B like this.
  9. RosaryWielder

Thanks everyone, please pray that I am to find time for my parish priest to hear my confession before New Years. There may be hope for me to ask him for time on New Years Eve.

gracia, cornhusker, Sam and 2 others like this.
  10. Shae

Shae Archangels

RW, I prayed for you this morning at Mass at the Westminster Abby, Seminary of Christ the King (I recall you attended a retreat there). I often feel discouraged when I keep repeating a habitual sin over and over again, despite my best efforts and firm intention not to, esp. after I have been to Confession. I go to Confession every 2 weeks and keep telling the same old sin, sigh! For me, it helps me a lot to remember the stations of the cross when Jesus kept falling as he carried His heavy cross, but He kept getting up. That thought helps me to never give up! I also read somewhere that there are some sins that we may never overcome, but we are called to persevere and never lose hope. Despair is what the evil one wants us to feel. We must never, ever give into it. As others have said, call on Jesus and Our Blessed Mother whenever you are feeling defeated. They will never abandon you. Prayers for you RW.

gracia, Sam and AED like this.
  11. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

I'd suggest reading St. Paul's letters to Timothy (a very young man).

I'm praying for you. (y)

gracia, RosaryWielder and Shae like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

RW...this is your cross....it may always be your cross. Just keep fighting the good fight. If you remain faithful to the sacraments, you will get the grace to fight this. Sacr

gracia and Shae like this.
  13. RosaryWielder

I had an intimate conversation with Our Lady today in front of my statue of Our Lady of Fatima, it helped a lot and I am closer to Her now.:love:

Keep praying that my parish priest is available to hear my confession, so that I may be worthy to receive Holy Communion on the Feast of Our Lady Mother of God this New Years. Please pray also that this intimate conversing with Our Lady continues.

gracia, Tanker, Shae and 1 other person like this.
  14. RosaryWielder

But to keep falling and offending God like that, why can't I just bear the cross and not fall?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    cornhusker and Beth B like this.
  15. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Dear Brother Rosary Wielder. God is Good and will forgive you. Keep entrusting yourself to the Mother of God. Keep repeating "Jesus Mary I love you. Save my Soul" through the day. You can even repeat it from morning to night amidst your daily duties silently to yourself and to Them.

We are all sinners. They will protect you. With the Rosary and the Scapular, with Confession and Holy Communion, you will conquer, by Their Grace.

In the New Year, dear Brother, have you considered beginning and finishing the 9 Month Double Great Novena to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts together? First Friday and First Saturday coming up in 3 and 4 days respectively.

Among the 33 great promises https://sites.google.com/site/doublegreatnovena/the-33-promises are "11. The sinners will not fall back into their previous state. They will not only receive forgiveness for their sins, but also a perfect contrition and, through love, they will recover the innocence of their Baptism. 12. Those who make this Novena in the innocence of their Baptism (particularly the the children) will not offend My Heart by a grave fault until the time of their death 13. The sinners who sincerely repent will not only escape hell but also purgatory. 14. The lukewarm will become fervent believers; they will perservere and reach perfection and saintliness in no time. 15. If parents or other members of a family make this Novena, no member of that family will be condemned to hell ... 30. Those who progress with Me in unity will receive the grace of experiencing this unity. They will know what it means; it does not mean that they will live longer, but that I will live within them. That is to say, I will love with their hearts. I will pray with their souls. I will speak with their tongues. I will serve with all their beings. They will experience that which is good, beautiful, holy, humble, simple, obedient, precious and admirable within them; it is Me. Me, the Almighty, the Infinite, the only Lord, the only Love. 31. The souls of those who make this Novena will be radiant as the white lilies all around the Heart of My Mother in eternity. 32. I, the Divine Lamb of God, united with My Father and the Holy Spirit, will always rejoice at seeing these souls who, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, will obtain the glory of eternity. 33. The souls of the priests will always progress in the Faith and virtue."

God Bless you, Rosary Wielder. I and others will be praying for you. Do invoke your Guardian Angel, St. Joseph, all the Saints, the holy Angels, and the holy Souls in Purgatory, all the time, as well. Simple short prayers like "St. Joseph, pray for and protect me from all temptation". "Mary, fill me with Your Holy Love". "Guardian Angel, keep me from sin today and teach me to love God ever more and more" "All ye holy Angels, lead me safely to Heaven". "All you Holy Souls in Purgatory, obtain for me priceless and powerful Graces like the grace never to sin mortally again". "All you Saints and holy ones of God Most High, help me easily to arise to salvation and perfection".

May Jesus and Mary make you a Saint, Rosary Wielder! God Bless. Don't Worry. Pray and Hope. As St. Padre Pio says. God is Merciful and will hear your Prayer. Then all will be well.

Shae, RosaryWielder, Sam and 2 others like this.
  16. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Fear not! God knows you heart and your intention to get to Confession. Just go as soon as possible so you may receive the Graces you need to help in your struggles. Trust is the most important thing!

Xavier, Shae, RosaryWielder and 2 others like this.
  17. Mario

Mario Powers

Let Mary wrap you in her Mantle of maternal love and rest RW. As Lynne says: "Trust is the most important thing." After you fall, begin with a sincere Act of Contrition. Jesus never turns away from you:

Lam 3:21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. 24 "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." 25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. 26 It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Xavier, Shae and RosaryWielder like this.
  18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Sometimes it takes us to see the literal devil in our sinful behaviors in order to disgust us enough not to partake in grave sin. When you start smacking him in the face by saying no to his temptations, God grace will uphold you. Turn to God in prayer whenever you are tempted. Don't entertain the devils tricks in your mind. Grab your blessed rosary and kiss it. Keep a blessed article on you at all times and kiss it often. Tell the devil your done serving his filth and take on the courage of saints who all learned how to say no to sin. Stay away from near occasions of sin (bad play mates and play grounds). Visit the Lord's house as often as you can and kneel in front of his true presence and beg for forgiveness and healing.

Xavier, Shae and RosaryWielder like this.
  19. RosaryWielder

I do plan on doing the Two Hearts Novena sometime soon. Right now however, I’m doing the Five First Saturdays Devotion for my Atheist brother, but I’ll get to the Two Hearts Devotion soon. By the way, do I still have to say 5 Decades of the Rosary and spend 15 minutes meditating on the Mysteries of the Rosary during the First Saturdays of the Novena?

Xavier and Shae like this.
  20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Because we are all human and we are all sinners...that is why God gave us the sacrament of confessions. You are fortunate that you, unlike so many others, recognize your failings and desire to not offend God. Original sin is the condition of our souls...we all battle something RW. Just some to either a lesser or greater degree. God knows your heart and how you desire to be free of this weakness. You are fighting the good fight...like the rest of humanity. You’re at a advantage knowing who and where to go for forgiveness. Persevere RW...God knows your heart....He knows your weakness. Pray for fortitude to not despair....despair comes from the evil one...
    Don’t let the evil one get to you. You are a child of God,...He loves you regardless of your weakness....and He will always show mercy and forgiveness to a truly repentant soul....like you.
    Every time you repent and confess, it’s like a new year....a fresh start. Happy new year RW. Prayers for you to forgive yourself!

Sam, RosaryWielder and Xavier like this.