Diabolical disorientation and the law of diminishing returns

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by BrianK, Sep 8, 2021.

1. BrianK

BrianK Archangels Staff Member

Hi folks,
    I hate to say this, but for me at least, it’s definitely time to back off. Especially on the Covid issue. But even on the subject of prophecy and world events.

We’re at the point that anyone who was wise and open minded enough to be red pilled, has been.

We’re at the point of diminishing returns.

The amount of time and effort required to red pill one single individual now far outweighs the time taken from our family and our children and the duties of our state in life. IMHO.

Diabolical disorientation has ratcheted up exponentially, it’s become universal, and we mortals simply cannot keep up.

Better to back away now and concentrate on our own soul and the souls of those we love.

For myself, I’ve started volunteering with a well known and well regarded Catholic periodical and I just volunteered to teach high school CCD at my local parish. That’s enough to keep me busy.

But for me at least, it’s time to walk away from social media, and the news, both world news and Catholic news, and just live a simpler Catholic life.

Please pray about this and see where you’re being led too.

God bless,
    Brian

Avprog, sunburst, Michael Pio and 8 others like this.
  2. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I agree with this, but of course with the understanding that we can save far more souls than just our own and our loved ones, through prayer and sacrifice!

Going in circles with the doom and gloom does become unhelpful after a while, I've noticed for myself. It truly takes so much time away from prayer.

It's wonderful that we have each other for support, but I definitely think we could bring much more to the table for each other if we spent longer, more quality prayer time with God getting our peace and answers from Him first. I think there would be much more joy, peace and hope on this forum. I know when I get to talking too much I certainly have less and less of anything truly helpful to add.

I'm so glad you've found a new focus that brings you peace! I truly believe God is working through all things and there is great hope and beauty growing in the world while the devil tries to make a huge distraction, a hollow noise. Tending to our families and following God's will in our everyday life will keep us grounded in all the small and beautiful ways we experience God's love and hope.

3. AED

AED Powers

Funny enough I have had these same thoughts. Very strong the last few days.

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Best prayerful wishes, Brian.

5. BrianK

I think some (many?) of us are getting this intuition now. As PF said above, it’s time for prayer and sacrifice, seemingly, not words.

6. Whatever

Whatever Archangels

You're right. Too much bad news, which is all there is these times, can lead to anger or even despair. Best to let go and let God. True colours are coming out in the open now. When the dust settles it won't be hard to distinguish between the good and bad. God is in charge and can bring good from the worst of situations.

Mary's child, Michael Pio and AED like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Yes I think so. Antony Stine on Return to Tradition just downloaded a letter from Archbishop Vigano to an Order of Carmelite. He is answering a letter to them asking him what they should do. He speaks beautifully of silence and prayer and sacrifice. Loving our enemies--who should have been our protectors. He speaks of the priests of Baal and Elijah. So worth listening to.
    Antony Stine revisits Teilhard and his encounter with The Thing (teilhard's words) and its possession of him. He links it to Yeats poem The Second Coming. Teilhard said the thing identified itself as Spiritus Mundi. Yeats uses that name in his poem. Many if not all prelates and Cardinals of PF's generation including BXVI and JPII were heavily influenced by Teilhard. So so troubling. Pf wants to make him a doctor of the Church. Just ponder that. The man was most likely possessed of an evil spirit. His own words describe it.

sunburst, HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

James 5:16
    “The prayer of a just man availeth much”
    Sometimes I wonder if my prayers are reaping any fruits. Just keep on praying and sacrificing and leave it up to God. Each one of us has a mission given to us by God.

9. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

Ahh Brian, wonderful and very, very accurate post.
    I sat down to relax and to watch a movie earlier - after spending the day gardening.
    I think I watched about 4 minutes of the movie. I posted something vax related in one of my wattsapp groups. Then spent the next 2 hours debating with members of the group. All Pro vax.
    I didn't see anymore of the movie!
    Also, I seem almost addicted to researching the Vax, its effects, different countries experiences and responses etc etc.
    I think like you, it's time to let that side of it go.
    And to get my focus back on heaven.
    Yep.
    That's what I'll do.....

Avprog, Sam, sunburst and 5 others like this.
  10. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I understand no longer going over Covid or even prophesy but what I'm hearing Brian say good bye to social media including the MOG Forum. I'm hearing AED say the same thing.
    I understand someone needing a break from social media. I too have cut way back on my computer/ media/ surf time compared to my younger years. My only real time on the computer (other than work) is when I read this forum, and listen to the different proposed video's from forum members. I'm finding it difficult being on the receiving end and hearing those whose posts you enjoy reading are going away.

I wish you all the best and God's Peace. :)
    I will miss updates on your life, the stories and the news. :(

Suzanne, Mary's child and Michael Pio like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Yes Jack. I think it is addicting. Jesse Romero and Dan Schneider (works with Father Ripperger) describe doing a 30 day fast from a social media and T V and focus on spiritual reading and prayer. It seems lots of confirmations to pull back into silence and prayer.
    I'd like to try it.

12. AED

AED Powers

I'm not going permanently. Just considering a break for awhile.

13. BrianK

Thanks Jack.

You said on another thread:
    This is who I’m volunteering with Jack, Dr. Robert Moynihan and his “Inside the Vatican” organization.

I met with him for about an hour and a half recently and will be working with him and his staff on the subject of “The Moynihan Letter” he just sent out today, the Traditional Latin Mass and the worldwide response to the pope’s recent motu proprio.

This is the primary reason I need to take a break from social media.

Clare A, bflocatholic, AED and 4 others like this.
  14. Mario

Mario Powers

You have a sharp mind, Brian. You'll be an asset to him.

Mary, Seat of Wisdom, pray for Brian!

15. BrianK

Thanks Mario. I really need the prayers because I’m having a very difficult time wading into this project!

He and his staff don’t usually accept any volunteers there, but when they saw my writing history and realized I had a pretty good grasp of the Traditional Latin Mass issues, they asked me to take on this project.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

Rachel's family and Therese's family are coming up for Geralyn's birthday this month. Rachel and her crew will be here for two weeks, so soon I'll be going AWOL until the first week in October.

17. Mario

Mario Powers

When Archbishop Vigano raised the ire of the Vatican with his critique of the McCarrick scandal, little did he realize how far or fast his worldview would shift and that he'd be taking on the mantle of a prophet!:eek:

Sts. Elijah and Elisha, pray for Archbishop Vigano!

AED, Mary's child, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Slightly off topic, McCarrick pleaded not guilty a few days ago. Will be back in court in October.

19. BrianK

When I was with Dr. Moynihan he gave me a copy of his new book: F8D1F6D1-A437-40C3-9C11-CC6F70F9842C.jpeg 224FB169-2A05-4D30-A21A-8C4368F68831.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  20. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

This resonates with me. I will look to join you in this approach.

AED, Mary's child and BrianK like this.