Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by DesertStar7, Oct 30, 2019.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I have been working developing a devotion to the Sacred Heart for some time now. I got inspired to develop a devotion to the Sacred Heart after hear a talk by Fr. Chad Ripperger on the sin of anger, in which he recommends devotion to the Sacred Heart as means remedying it; as Our Lord's Heart is meek and humble. My devotion to the Sacred Heart still has a lot to be desired, one key practice I try do is say the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart everyday, unfortunately I'm often on and off with the practice and have difficulty staying course. Fortunately, now that the Lord is revealing to me how bad my vices of anger and cynicism are, I have gotten back into the habit saying the chaplet and have even scheduled a chaplet novena leading up to good Friday.

THE CHAPLET OF THE SACRED HEART

How to pray the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart

This devotion to the Sacred Heart is prayed on the regular Marian Rosary of 59 beads.

On the Crucifix, say the following prayer:

"Angel of God, my guardian dear,
    To whom God's love commits me here,
    Ever this day be at my side,
    To light and guard, to rule and guide."

On the first bead (normally the "Our Father"), say:

"O Eternal Father,
    I offer Thee the Blood,
    Passion and death of Our Lord Jesus Christ
    and the sorrows of Our Blessed Lady
    and St. Joseph in reparation for my sins,
    in suffrage for the souls in Purgatory,
    for the wants of our Holy Church,
    and for the conversion of sinners."

On the three beads (normally the "Hail Marys"), say:

"My God, I believe in Thee.
    My God, I hope in Thee.
    My God, I love Thee with my whole heart,
    and for Thy sake I love my neighbor as myself."

On each of the single beads of the 5 decades, (normally an "Our Father"):

"Jesus, meek and humble of heart,
    make my heart like unto Thine.
    O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for me."

On the 5 sets of 10 beads (Normally the "Hail Marys"), say:

"Sweetest Heart of Jesus,
    I implore, that I may love Thee more and more.
    Sweet Heart of Mary, be thou my salvation."

When you have concluded, say

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,
    I give you my heart and soul.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,
    assist me now and in my last agony.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,
    may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.”

ESanti, Jackie, torrentum and 3 others like this.
  2. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

I really appreciate your posting this!!!!

DesertStar7 and RosaryWielder like this.
  3. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

You're welcome, I often meditate on the Five Gifts of the Sacred Heart (which one of the Pius Popes gave, but I forget which one) which are, Christ's establishment of the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, His most painful Passion on the Cross, His giving of His Holy Mother to us to be our own Dear Blessed Mother, His establishment of Holy Mother Church, and His sending of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. These our very good things for me, in particular to meditate on, in my effort to overcome cynicism and develop greater hope and gratitude.

torrentum and DesertStar7 like this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Above the storm-tossed
    sea, It glows comfortingly;
    Sacred Heart glory.

(c)

Keeping this in my mind's eye relaxed me into sleep.
    A "lighthouse" image.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

We put our trust in You.

Attached Files:

RosaryWielder likes this.
  6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

A prayer to The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

ESanti likes this.
  7. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Lost lamb beholds the
    Shepherd's loving Heart, repents
    having gone astray.

(c)
    This Holy card is uniquely charming.

Attached Files:

Sam and RosaryWielder like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Lovely! When I was a child we collected Holy cards and kept them in our "daily missles" and traded them with each other sometimes. Thd holy cards of the Blessed Mother were always our favorites.

Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  9. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Thank you.

I'm working to find information on pre-20th century Holy card artists.

But likely that info is scarce, or published in a foreign language.

RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  10. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

11. ESanti

ESanti New Member

We´re starting the month of june, whith is propicious to de Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and also the devotion of the first 9 Fridays. Between all the promises he made to Saint Margaret Mary from December, 1673, is the GREAT promise: "The All powerful love o My heart will granto to ALL those who shall receive communion on the first friday of nine consecutive months de grace of Final Repentance. They shall not die under my despleasures nor without receiving the sacraments; my heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour." The Divine Heart was then exposed to her, “...like a sun, ablaze with a dazzling light.” He also asked for a “solemn act of reparation” for all the offenses and indignities He had received in His sacrament of love, the Holy Eucharist.

[​IMG]

In 1674, Jesus appeared again to St. Margaret Mary. She recorded, “...the Divine Heart was represented to me as upon a throne of fire and flames. It shed rays on every side brighter than the sun and transparent as crystal." The third, and most famous, apparition took place in June 1675.

What grate promise for this last times. He does no promise the graces to some, by their meriths of faith, but to ALL. It seems that Jesus is pouring down His mercy to those who come and endure in prayer, devotion and works. Of course it´s not a grant of salvation - we must seek sanctity and avoid sin as we avoid the new virus, but its another shield of endurance against these evil times.

Looking at La Salette, Fatima, Garabandal, Akita, and the scenery that´s in front of us, we may not know how many first fridays we have left :LOL:. If you cannot go to confession or atend to masses due to this pandemic, I would suggest doing the spiritual confession and communion (with the promise to Jesus of doing it sacramentally as long as they are available). Let´s grab the blessings that come from Heaven towards us.

God Bless you All.

With my mouth,’ God says, ‘I kiss my own chosen creation. I uniquely, lovingly, embrace every image I have made out of the earth’s clay. With a fiery spirit I transform it into a body to serve all the world.’ Hildegard of Bingen

12. Chiara

Chiara Archangels

I think I mentioned this once in another thread, I just so happened to finish 9 First Friday and 5 First Saturdays in March, right before everything shut down.
    I also did the Consecration to St. Joseph with the Father Calloway book that came out this year and finished that on March 19, which was a day or two after they shut our church down.
    It feels very fortunate I was able to get that all in, like you said, we don't know how many more of these we will have, 9 months from now so much more can happen.

Sam, RosaryWielder and DesertStar7 like this.