Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by DesertStar7, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Wait till you go through a St Benedict phase :barefoot: :D he doesn't mince his words or actions :love:

josephite, padraig and AED like this.
  2. Oh wow the way of divine love my wife's favourite I have bought a couple of books for her as a Christmas present

3. AED

AED Powers

It's my favorite too! I can honestly say my spiritual life went into hyper speed when I discovered that wonderful book 36 years ago! So many beautiful prayers of reparation Our Lord gave to Sister Josefa. It made my visits to the Blessed Sacrament incredibly personal. My copy is so worn out it is literally falling apart.:)

DesertStar7, Sam, josephite and 3 others like this.
  4. Her book is the same falling apart she also loved "I wait for you"

josephite, AED, padraig and 1 other person like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I must go back and read her again. It is many, many years since I read her. At the moment for Spiritual Reading before and after mass I am reading the, 'Imitation of Christ'. When my father died he left a beautiful large leather bound edition of it. It is a jewel. How Thomas a Kempis got so much wisdom I can't guess. He was great crank like myself.

6. I was thinking about the Sacred Heart and the Divine Mercy...Our Statue and Picture both came out of skips,,and my introduction to the Divine Mercy was finding the "Will you help me book " in a glove box of a scrapped car ..I have my Grandmothers very old Sacred Heart prayer card tucked away in an old wallet of mine.. I must look for it

here's a picture of Our Sacred Heart altar..if you remember a while back I did a bit of work on the statue I must say it is aging beautifully..

sacred heart.jpg

7. Indy

Indy Praying

Wow, Padraig, you bring some amazing testimonies (if that's the right word) to this forum, very powerful and real.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  8. Sam

Sam Powers

I received a nice present for Thanksgiving from my son's girlfriend{it's good to be nice to your hoped for mother-in-law ;)}. A shadowbox Sacred Heart image, which she made herself. It has a remote with changing led lights or you can change it to what ever color you like. I'll put it in my bedroom and probably be watching it and changing it all night long and probably never sleep again:ROFLMAO:

536202_533964479989465_1416355674_n.jpg

DesertStar7, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is very lovely. She is a gem herself.
    What a nice present! I know you were not expecting this.

DesertStar7, AED and Sam like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

It's beautiful. Like all Catholic art some is better than others.It' so good to find good things.

I don;t usually do modern but some of the modern Sacret Hearts are wonderful.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  11. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Principalities

I had my doubts re divine mercy cos it is a quick one than long 9 months devotion. Is that a plan to replace the sacred heart devotion??

Its a struggle to do 9 months 1st Fridays for a good while until i did it.

Then after that, sort of spiritual signal that it became easier after that as struggles sort of went or got less and less but not so with Divine mercy.

prefer Sister Josefa Menendez than Faustina cos her book sounded more and looked very authentic . Christ love sort of radiated throughout the book. Its curious thing that Faustina became a saint than Sister Josefa Menendez.

DesertStar7 and AED like this.
  12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Scintillating with
    rays joyous and refreshing:
    Savior's Sacred Heart.
    Crimson Hearts adorned
    with thorns or roses: Sacred
    Hearts Son and Mother.

(c)

13. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

O Jesus, reveal your Sacred Heart
    to me and show me Its attractions.
    Unite me to It forever. Grant that all my
    desires and every beat of my heart,
    which does not cease even while I sleep,
    may be a witness to You of my love and
    may say to You: Yes, Lord, I am Yours!
    The pledge of my loyalty to You rests
    ever in my heart and shall never cease to
    be there.
    Accept the little good that I do and be
    pleased to make up for all my wrong-
    doing, so that I may be able to praise You
    in time as well as in eternity.

--Author unknown to me

Sam and AED like this.
  14. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Always bestows an extra measure of peace:

I love Thee, o Sacred Heart of Jesus.

15. Sam

Sam Powers

I just received this email from Divine Mercy

Part Four:
    With a Despairing Soul

Meditation:
    Jesus: Tell Me all, My child, hide nothing from Me, because My loving Heart, the Heart of your Best Friend, is listening to you.

Soul: Your response.

Jesus (interrupting): Do not be absorbed in your misery — you are still too weak to speak of it — but, rather, gaze on My Heart filled with goodness, and be imbued with My sentiments. Strive for meekness and humility; be merciful to others, as I am to you; and, when you feel your strength failing, if you come to the fountain of mercy to fortify your soul, you will not grow weary on your journey (Diary, 1486).

Soul: Your response.

My Prayer Response:
    Lord Jesus, draw souls overwhelmed by their miseries to gaze at Your Heart filled with goodness. Draw them to the fountain of mercy to strengthen them on their journey. Teach them to be meek and humble. And teach them to be merciful as You are to them.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  16. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

This was VERY timely and VERY needed today. :love:

Thank you for posting it.

Sam likes this.
  17. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Sacred Heart of Jesus, protect us all.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, we draw ever closer to you.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I love you.

Amen.

Jo M, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  18. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

O DIVINUM Cor Iesu, praesta, quaeso, animabus purgantibus requiem aeternam, hodie morituris gratiam finalem, peccatoribus veram paenitentiam, paganis fidei lucem mihi meisque omnibus tuam benedictionem. Tibi ergo, Cor Iesu piissimum, omnes has animas commendo et pro ipsis tibi offero omnia tua merita una cum meritis beatissimae Matris tuae omniumque Sanctorum et Angelorum atque omnibus Missarum sacrificiis, sacris Communionibus, orationibus et bonis operibus, quae hodie in toto christianorum orbe peraguntur. Amen.

O DIVINE heart of Jesus, grant, I pray Thee, eternal rest to the souls in purgatory, the final grace to those who are about to die this day, true repentance to sinners, the light of faith to pagans, and Thy blessing to me and to all who are dear to me. To Thee, therefore, O most merciful Heart of Jesus, I commend all these souls, and in their behalf I offer unto Thee all Thy merits in union with the merits of Thy most blessed Mother and of all the Angels and Saints, together with all the Masses, Communions, prayers and good works which are this day being offered throughout Christendom. Amen.

AED, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This prayer is a precious treasure and so is the link. Thank you so much.

DesertStar7 and AED like this.
  20. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Sacred Heart of Jesus Prayer

Most holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every
    blessing, I adore You, I love You, and with a
    lively sorrow for my sins, I offer myself to You.
    Make me humble, patient, pure and obedient
    to Your Will. Grant, dear Jesus, that I may
    live in You and for You.

Protect us in the midst of danger; comfort us
    in our afflictions; give us health of body,
    assistance in our temporal needs, Your blessing
    on all that we do, and the grace of a happy death.

RosaryWielder likes this.