Deep Sadness

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Jul 31, 2008.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

I can't help feeling very, very sad as I notice evidence of the Tribulation growing all round us. Its been one thing to know it was coming, quite another to see it start in action.

Its no wonder Our Lady cries. What I especially find touching is the innocence of people everywhere as step by step we walk into this.

I must pray more. :x :x :x :x :x

2. darrell

darrell New Member

Padraig,

I've felt that the labor pains have been intensifying for some time.

We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose (Romans 8: 28 ).

all things...

Darrell

3. padraig

padraig Powers

One of my brothers operates a finance and mortgage buisness, needless to say its say its falling down round his head. Another has a taxi and fewer and fewer folks are taking this taxis. ....and yet we are only at the very edge of whats coming.

You mention the labour pains intensiifying, well you know every morning I wake up I rush to turn on the radio to hear the news , waiting to hear something really tremendous, something world shaking. I don't know what it is, but just that its coming.

Its true as you say God knows what he's doing and we must trust Him. But I am human enough to feel very,very sad.

I gotta a bit of a shock when I got home from work tonight and checked out, 'Spirit Daily'; the headlines are talking about exactly all this, with refernce to Medugorje!!

Great minds think alike!! {or fools seldom differ!} :D

4. Mario

Mario Powers

Memories.

Padraig,

Above you stated: Its been one thing to know it was coming, quite another to see it start in action.

This reminds me of the days when I first became active in the Charismatic Renewal back in the summer of 1977. The Renewal was growing rapidly and in a certain sense was still aglow with the joy of a conference held at St. Peter's in Rome during May of 1975. Pope Paul VI had blessed the Movement during the encounter and prophecies were proclaimed from the high altar:

...a time of darkness [is] coming on the world...Buildings that are now standing will not be standing...Supports that are there for my people now, will not be there...

You brought up the examples of difficulty within your family. In regard to my own family, Geralyn was laid off from her 2da/wk position five months ago, and I have not yet been able to pick up the slack. These birthpangs are becoming more intense even for believers. In that is there not hope? We will all be driven to our knees in these hard times. Unfortunately, some hardhearted souls will remain mired in their blindness. But there will be conversions that would never have occurred otherwise.

Lord, pour forth your Spirit and renew the face of the earth (even in the midst of our tears! :cry: )!!

5. darrell

darrell New Member

I understand about feeling sadness about the tough times ahead….

Last weekend, we were invited over to the neighbors for a barbecue and swimming. My friend is a fallen away Catholic and his wife was raised Southern Baptist. They aren’t practicing anything at this time. However, they are basically moral and hardworking people. As we relaxed in the evening and chatted, talk turned to the things going on in the world: fuel prices, the worsening economic recession and likely impending depression, the war in Iraq, escalating natural disasters. What I find so incredibly interesting is that even the seculars recognize something is going on – they’re just not sure what it is…

The words to this song just popped into my head:
    There’s something happening here
    What it is aint exactly clear
    There’s a man with a gun over there,
    telling me I’ve got to beware
    singing, Stop, children, what’s that sound?
    Everybody look what’s going down…

I’m not sure if my friends know what to think of me. I suppose as long as they know that I’m a man of conviction and faith, that’s all that matters right now. I’ve shared with them my experience in Medjugorje, and they asked if I planned to go back. I said that while I would go back in a heartbeat, I didn’t think God was calling me to go there right now. He has given me what I need, and I’m focused on my work right now. I did share with them that God has sent Blessed Mary to the world for a reason; I don’t think He is happy with the way the world has turned out – not what He had intended, and I think He was getting ready to act. What He is going to do, I don’t know anymore than anyone else, but I believe it is going to be of Biblical proportions.

I don’t know what my friends think of this.

The point is that even though the secular world recognizes we appear to be heading toward something, most still just keep on the same way, attached to their comfortable lives, not wanting to sacrifice. I have to wonder that when it all starts to come down, if they won’t ask themselves, “Why didn’t we convert?”

1985 message to Medjugorje visionaryMirjana:
    My angel, pray for unbelievers. People will tear their hair, brothers will plead with brothers, they will curse their past lives lived without God. They will repent, but it will be too late. Now is the time for conversion. I have been exhorting you for the past four years. Pray for them. Invite everyone to pray the rosary.

Interesting the article on Spirit Daily about the parchment: I haven’t seen it myself, but I have some friends who have. They say to them it looks like a blank piece of parchment. It is not of this world, and when it is time, the secrets will be able to be read. One friend said that for a time, Mirjana just left it lying on the coffee table in the dining room where the pilgrims who stay at her house eat. Apparently, she wasn’t worried anything would happen to it. But she ended up putting it away because too many people were asking questions about it.

I think you are right Terry about people being driven to their knees. That’s what it took for me to convert. I understand about feeling sadness about the tough times ahead….
    I don’t really feel sadness myself, though. I think because, personally, I’ve already been as low as I can go. I remember after little Johnny was killed, I became really profoundly aware of the temporariness of this earthly life. For a long time, whenever Liane and Dusty would go anywhere without me, I used to stand and watch them until they were out of sight, knowing that it might be the last time I ever saw either of them on this earth. But as I’ve shared, out of that immense sadness, God brought me to faith. The fact is that I’m going to die. My wife is going to die. Dusty and Isabella are going to die. And I don’t know who will go first. I could lose all of them tomorrow. I would grieve terribly. But no matter what terrible thing might happen, I don’t believe I would despair as I once did. God give me the grace to live up to these words.

Right now I have this peace and joy about everything that can only be from God. I have this long distance view of what comes after the tough times ahead. I wrote these two years ago, but they are even more appropriate today.

http://darrellbowles-climbingthemountai ... chive.html

Terry, the prophecy you shared reminds me of Jesus’ words:

As he was making his way out of the temple area one of his disciples said to him, "Look, teacher, what stones and what buildings!" Jesus said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? There will not be one stone left upon another that will not be thrown down" (Mark 13:2).

My final thought is I’m reminded of the apostles in prison, singing praises to God, and also of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who were thrown into the fiery furnace.
    They walked about in the flames, singing to God and blessing the Lord (Daniel 3:24).

God delivered them.

So let’s all keep singing joyful praises to the Lord.

Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil (Matthew 6: 34)

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice in it and be glad (Psalms 118: 24).

6. padraig

padraig Powers

Darrell and Terry, you both have a great, living faith and I believe God will hoonur your trust.

There's still a little time for folks to convert, not a lot as we are now well into the twilight stage of the Tribulation. There are oceans of grace out there; its just well, to put it bluntly you still have to be alive to grasp them;to be alive and to convert.

I find it kinda ironic, as Darrell says that secular, worldly people are wakig up and smelling the coffee. Ironic because whilst unbelievers do this are spiritual leaders are often lost, They should be shouting these things from the rooftops, like the prophets of old. But ptophesy is its appears a lost gift. A great, great tragedy of our times.

Father Corapi pointed this out recently.

Our Lady has pointed out that there are 'special graces' for our times available at present for the needs pf our times at present. Many of these graces, I suspect are miraculous and to do with our physical needs. All we have to do is ask, ask,ask,ask,ask.

'This is the work of the Lord, a marvel in our eyes'.