Dear MOG prayer warriors...request for prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Beth B, Feb 12, 2019.

1. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Beth, the peace that passeth all understanding remain with you always.

AED, Beth B and gracia like this.
  2. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Keeping your intentions in my rosary this evening. God Bless.

3. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Have just seen this thread, Beth, so didn't get my prayers in on time. Will add some more that all works out for the good.

4. josephite

josephite Powers

Oh Dear Beth,
    I understand!

My life has gone from trial to torture over the last 3 years and I am left crying and questioning!
    But there is a little part of me that accepts this as a cross.
    I think this is due to the leading of my guardian angel!

Sometimes God takes all consolation from us and we live through unbearable pain.......after unbearable pain....and this is such a desolute place!

But it is here that we truly surrender in our nothingness, it is here that we are asked to live by faith, for we do not have any answers nor do we have even any human consolations.

I so wanted to respond to torrentem, when he bared his soul in his 'nightmare thread', becaue I could feel with him, maybe I will respond in the future!

Do not despair Beth!

Remember the dark night of the soul, is given so that Our Lord Jesus may strengthen our faith! which then compliments and corrects our human reasoning! The wisdom of the soul is solid food!

5. Indy

Indy Praying

I sure will.

6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you all!!! God bless all of you.

BrianK, josephite and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I will keep you in my prayers.

Beth B likes this.
  8. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

I am sorry, josephite, that you feel tortured.:(
    I will pray for you.

AED and josephite like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you for your prayers Sg!

I am in the middle of writing out a snap shot of my life [so you and all can understand what I mean] but this snap shot is much longer than I would have hoped! so I will try to complete it if given the time and then post it, one of my problems is... that I work and my time on the net is very limited! I also believe that God may want me to continue to suffer alone! Maybe suffering alone will give Him more Glory or be more efficacious for the souls He wishes to reach! so it is up to Our Lord Jesus
    God Bless and thank you again.

Below is as far as I have got with the snap shot!

Thank you Sg,

Below is snap shot of my life,

*I live my life with a view to not annoy my husband as he is a sad and sorry man who lives his life in depression, he has did this for 35 years of the 38 years we have been married.

*He blames God for all his ailments, for all the things that go wrong and in general for his misery.

*To me it seems he likes his depression, he likes his misery as it is comfortable for him to live this way as it means he does not have to be responsible for anything

*He sabotages all things that I hold dear, including my time for prayer, our finances, our business, my work load, our children’s spiritual welfare!

*He used to come to mass with me and the children when the children were young but he stopped going when our youngest was around 5 years old, our eldest was 17 [we had eight children in 12 years] Our youngest child is now 25 years old!

*He has been sabotaging my childrens faith even when he attended mass, as he always blamed God for all his sufferings and he let the children know this

*He sleeps 12 to 16 hours a day and has done this from around the second year of our marriage. I was so happy when he was diagnosed with sleep apnoea in 2002 and needed a CPAP machine as I believed this would cure him of having to sleep so much, yet, even though he has used the CPAP for the last 17 years, it has did nothing to stop his need for so much sleep, in fact he now sleeps on average 16 hours a day.

*Our business went bust in 1998 as he refused to work with me on the property saying he was too old to do this but he was only 40 years old at that time

*He tells me daily how much pain he suffers in nearly every organ and area of his body [this is a real suffering for me] and this has been for decades, yet no doctor has been able to diagnose his pain; he has been on S8 medication since 2009 and takes many medications daily, he finds it hard even to walk to the front gate, hence I do everything and I’m the sole bread winner.

He drinks, smokes, uses pot and watches TV daily when he is not sleeping.

In 2006 he got a Job after not working for 16 years, this was an answer to my prayer!

However ........

10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

ED5571C9-DEFB-43A7-BB33-2A6BE06D62EC.jpeg Awwww

Josephite...
    I’m sooooo sorry....this is so sad. Your life is so hard. Even though it seems yout husband has a severe clinical depressive mental state, there are other issues like demeaning the faith to your children that is equally harmful. You carrying the burden of working to support your family alone is horrible!
    To live with all of these issues for so long, its amazing that you aren’t completely demoralized yourself.

Sometimes we are made to suffer silently, but not at the cost of your health and your children’s faith.
    These burdens are too much to carry alone. You seem to be existing on pure faith...thank God you have that.

Putting this out here will help as I’m sure everyone of us will be praying for all of you...you have a cross that is worse that most physical issues....those who have lived under similar circumstances understand that.

I doubt you have the time to join a rosary group in your church or with woman friends, but if you could, you would find much comfort....to share and pray together. Where two or more pray in His name....it’s powerful...and would boost your moral. You really need to share these burdens...if not, your health will suffer.

Rest assured that I will add your intentions to those in our prayer group. I wish I could hug you! You need some love....and friends can give that...even if your husband can’t. We will pray for him...if he can get past his issues, you will all heal,...but if not, you need healing. This is a lifetime of pain...it has redemptive value...but you need comfort.

You are in my prayers Josephite...
    Especially on this Valentine’s Day. My love to you and your family.
    Jesus, I trust in You+++

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers

Carol55 and josephite like this.
  12. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

Josephite, I am dumbstruck by the burdens you have borne all these years.
    BethB has said much very eloquently, and like her, I send my *hugs* to you.
    Will be praying for you...
    Mother Mary, please be a Mother to josephite now.

josephite likes this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Beth you have said this beautifully. Ditto to all of it. Josephite (Carolyn)has moved to the top of my prayer list.
    Carolyn more things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of...may St Rita with Our Lady and St Jude assisting St Joseph bring you an answer to your prayers.
    My sister has endured similar sufferings in a somewhat similar situation although much much less than what you are dealing with. Pure faith and the grace of God keep her going but I marvel at how she endures. May Jesus richly richly bless you faithful daughter of St Joseph.

Seagrace, josephite and Beth B like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes AED,

This is a very rough road Carolyn is on. Top of the prayers chain for sure. Living like this for basically her whole married life...that’s a suffering.....:(

15. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

Many prayers for our MOG family who suffer greatly. Carolyn, Beth, Agnes Rose, Sam, and all who cling to Our Blessed Mother while they carry their crosses with Christ.

16. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you....

Your comment about carrying our crosses with Christ reminded me of what a priest said to me in confessions as he held a crucifix right in front of me...he said,
    “ Is your suffering any thing close to what this suffering was?”
    In that moment I knew that mine didn’t or could never come close to it.
    It was probably the best thing he could have ever said to me that day. I try to remind myself of that moment when things get bad....and it puts things in perspective.
    We just need to repeadly unite ours crosses with His....and know the power it has in our eternity. He knows how much we are capable of...He knows everything.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Denise P, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 3 others like this.
  17. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Beth and thank you all for your prayers!.
    When I got up this morning I felt a little guilty having written about my cross. But suprisingly I felt a type of weight lifted from my shoulders, I handed it to Our Lord and Our Lady and then read the above. This weight that seems to be lifted from my shoulders must have been your collective prayers so thank you all so much!
    I'm off to work soon.

May God bless you all. Amen.

HeavenlyHosts, Fatima, AED and 2 others like this.
  18. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Done! Sorry I missed this earlier.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  19. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I am so so sorry for you Josephite and echo the same sentiments written above. I will be remembering you in my prayers always and at Adoration and also Beth and all others who are suffering on this forum.What a Cross!

AED, Beth B and josephite like this.
  20. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Josephite(Carolyn), I know a little about the cross that you bear because I have read some of your other posts but I am so sorry to hear of all of this in addition to what you have posted in the past.

I am so sorry to hear all that you have gone through and are continuing to go through. My prayers remain with you and your family. I wish that I could do something more to help, I hope that we can lift you up in prayer.:love::love::love: