Daughter in Portland

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Muzhik, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

One of my daughters lives in a suburb on the west side of Portland. She sent me a text this morning because she didn't know how much information was making it out of the west. There are huge wildfires going on in Oregon. The entire county of Clackamas (where Portland is located) is under an evacuation order. Right now it's level 1, meaning be prepared to leave if you have to. She wanted to let me know not to worry because the fires are at least 30 miles away (!).

So if you could drop a prayer for Merci, I would appreciate it.

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Will certainly pray. We have seen this on the news and it is a desperate situation.
    Pray the Divine Mercy chaplet to avert the fire. I will pray. Keep us posted.

Beth B, Sam, Christy1983 and 3 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Praying Muzhik. HH is right. The Divine Mercy chaplet!

Beth B, Sam, Christy1983 and 4 others like this.
  4. Booklady

Booklady La Dolorosa

I'm so sorry Muzhik, will pray and dedicate a Divine Mercy Chaplet, like HH mentioned, to keep the fires away from your daughter . May Our Holy Mother keep her under her mantle, and protect her.

Beth B, Sam, Christy1983 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Just terrible. I didn't realize the Oregon fires were near the Portland area. Praying that your daughter will not have to evacuate.

Beth B, Sam, Christy1983 and 2 others like this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

Praying for Merci safety.

Beth B, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

Praying for safety as well.

Beth B and Sam like this.
  8. Annie

Annie Angels

Praying!

Beth B likes this.
  9. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Praying for Merci and the safety of all in the area. My nephew just moved there several weeks ago to attend college in Portland. Evacuation orders are scary. Keep us posted but rest assured I will pray.

Beth B and AED like this.
  10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Prayer gone up.

Beth B and AED like this.
  11. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Will do Muzhik. We had a fire right up the street from our house the first day of the wind storm that came through. That was the weirdest thing I have ever seen here in western WA. Clear blue skies, not a single cloud and the wind gusting up to 30 mph from the east to the west. The opposite direction considering the coast is to our west. It dropped trees in the area and one came across power lines and started the fire. We were without power and other utilities for a day or so. It burned a bunch of underbrush but didn't take out anyone's home thank God.

12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

pray to St. Michael! As her dad, you probably need prayer and some peace yourself. I will pray for her and everyone’s safety!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  13. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

I only saw this today!

An acquaintance and spouse live an hour from Portland.

I was praying then!

AED likes this.
  14. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Haven't heard anything in the past month, so I guess no news is good news.

Sam, DesertStar7 and AED like this.
  15. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

Good to know!

So unsure how I missed this.