Darkness in my sister's heart

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by DesertStar7, Jun 20, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

A phone call last evening.

I thought our talk proceeding normally (current events, ongoing nasty strife in USA), when Susan suddenly angrily proclaimed, "I wish the Native Americans had killed every White settler!"

We do have a near Native ancestor, but this wasn't the basis of her outburst at all.

Shocked me. I sat there a bit slack-jawed.

Murder cannot be justified. Yes, I know the history of this country's creation.

She went on to talk about a Native who'd been taken to England, used as a slave there, who somehow was brought back to America -- where he was willingly friendly and helpful still. That he should've NOT been kind and forgiving. I have NO idea who she is talking about or where she got this information.

So I'm (sitting in stunned silence) thinking "WOW...how far off the deep-end have Whites gone in this country???*" To wish murder upon others, two wrongs make a right. o_O

What happened WAS terrible.

Now we're in 2020. Terrible again.

It'll be even more terrible (imo) if all is truly lost; all that (unjustifiable) suffering ... for nothing. (n)

I've recently quit Twitter for similar attitudes. I'm like, "Well if YOU want to get killed, attacked, beaten up, etc., for what's gone on in the past (and to some extent the present)...be my guest. I don't!" :cry:

I don't hate myself nor do I embrace "Collective Guilt." I'll answer to God on Judgment Day for what I alone have done -- not for what others have done.

My sister's words troubled me throughout the night. She does have emotional issues, and I'm doubly concerned for her mental state as tensions & guilt induction ramp up. She also has the burden of caring for our mother and her disabled son (also has a healthy and supportive husband with a good-paying job, thankfully).

*I reside in a Latino neighborhood, in a small city that's 48% Latino for 27 years.

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Get her to watch this.:):);)

Julia likes this.
  3. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

I will pray for your sister DS. I think the way the world has become, people are looking for answers to explain what is going on. God and faith are my anchors but many people do not have a connection to God. Not sure if this is the case with your sister. It seems the world has left people looking for answers in which they are not receiving because the world cannot fulfill them....only God can. But people stumble around all their lives looking for answers , don't they. I did too but luckily was drawn back to God.

Pray, pray, pray as we have been told!

4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

She did also question faith. I managed to draw her back somewhat. :)

5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

This is a wonderful story of the life and conversion of St Kateri Tekakwitha.

Sorry to hear your sister has subscribed to such nonsense DS. I hope she comes to her senses.

6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Thank you everyone.

Her outburst follows on the heels of two days prior seeing a 32-year-old White man Tweet "If I were Black, I'd totally kill Whites."

Another 40-something White man in Detroit making homicidal references to Whites he dislikes (if you don't agree 100% with him, you're a Nazi).

I'd currently be afraid to go home for a visit. :coffee:

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  7. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

She telephoned mid-afternoon today (Saturday).

Livid. Ranting. Streams of profanities, including abuse of our Lord's name.

Had lost her keys. No wait -- she just now sees them inside the car (locked out).

Meltdown continues. Profane ranting. In a public parking lot.

She is under a lot of stress. Mentioned husband's job keeping him away "doesn't help."

Ironically, we'd just begun watching an interview with an exorcist (rare, rare viewing on my part). I almost visualized my sister in those moments...

Keeping her in your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to phone our elderly mother and SUGGEST she place herself into a nursing home (is a small & safe town); not only to halve sister's stress, but she might be in danger of either Susan or Anthony (Susan's son) -- if either of them "snaps."

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Sam, RoryRory, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  8. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

I'm sick and tired of self-hating whites opting into a "collective guilt" for things done to non-whites in the past. Learn from history and for Gods sake move on. As an Irishman, should I hate all Englishmen for what was done to my country historically? How could I hate wonderful Englishmen like GK Chesterton, St Thomas More and Cardinal Newman? Priority now has to be given to saving my soul and promoting our Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church

Sam, Don_D, DesertStar7 and 2 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

My husband and I were just talking about this issue today. Thank you for your post.

DesertStar7 and AidanK like this.
  10. Bernadette

Bernadette Archangels

Amen! We know that this division of pitting us against one another only comes from one place, the evil one. In the end we just have to show our love for one another no matter what our differences, because that it how we will be judged.

God Bless!

HeavenlyHosts and DesertStar7 like this.
  11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

This is sad because she might be having a breakdown....too much stress. Praying for her. Try to ignore her rants...it’s stress. Must be very hard on you...I’m Sorry!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    DesertStar7 likes this.
  12. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

i am so sorry. She will be in my prayers tomorrow'

DesertStar7 likes this.
  13. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Thank you all, again. :love:

It's a very twisted form of "The Good Guy Badge", imo.

A form of self-righteousness.

Sick and sad!

Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

It's the battle of good vs evil going on in our world right now. It's manifesting all over in strange, ugly ways. Just cling to the old rugged cross . . .

15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Exactly!

Sam and DesertStar7 like this.