Countdown to the Kingdom

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by bflocatholic, Mar 26, 2020.

1. WTW

WTW Archangels

Not like it matters but I would rather see her selling her own oils. There have been links posted earlier in this thread about the predatory nature of company’s like Young Living. The Mallets may not only end up being victims of it themselves but bring other people into it before they figure it out.

Beth B, Clare A, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  2. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Don't get me wrong: I certainly can sympathize with anyone who must support a large family and whose income stream has been reduced. I remember when my father was laid off when I was a teen, all the anguish and uncertainty. Still, there are many home businesses that do not have a questionable spiritual component and that are honorable work. Canada also has a stronger social support system than the US, I believe, so there's that.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  3. Fede

Fede Archangels

Thank you Christy..I appreciate the warning, I have used essential oils in the past especially to heal my scalp due to an illness and caused lots of hair loss. I also use natural remedies for my illness...meaning supplements and if it hadn't been for these I don't know where I'd be today. I would assume that most people especially Christians, aren't into "magic potions " and nowhere in the messages I read from CTTK did it insinuate that. I understood that the scent of these oils in combination with olive oil may help avoid getting ill and specifically with viruses. I have tried it I believe that it may help with respiratory issues...(that's just my opinion)
    So its for physical treatment NOT spiritual.

As to Mark Mallett and his wife, some people here have information that they are privileged to that others do not it would appear. But do you think that just maybe they may be trying to help people? Why do we always have see the worst?
    I for one have always tried to see the best in others..to see Jesus in others. And to be quite honest we can comment on situations or voice our opinions without insulting or judging others. At least thats what we are to do as catholics. Let's not gossip or judge. If you know a "fact" that can help others that's great, but please don't throw people under the bus.
    As a catholic site I seem to be seeing a whole lot of this in threads and I know I'm the new kid on the block, but I really hope we can be better.

4. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Fede,

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own set of facts.

Have you read the previous discussions on this issue? The posts on the Mallett's business are still up. Other people have also contributed. You can find the posts using the search function.

You've made a series of accusations. I'd like to see any evidence you have to substantiate them. What have I posted that is factually incorrect? What sources have I cited that are misleading?

Otherwise, if you posted this without reading all the material, you have done a grave disservice to me and to the other readers of the forum--to anyone who is here to discern truth. Don't throw another poster "under the bus," by insisting she is "insulting or judging others." That's far from honest.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    WTW likes this.
  5. WTW

WTW Archangels

I have seen people get duped out of hundreds and even thousands of dollars through various MLMs (makeup, clothing, oils, etc). I think if you look into the structure you’d find it hard to say that it’s an ethical business. Here is a link that talks specifically about Young Living but the basic idea applies to all mlm.

https://www.businessinsider.com/young-living-sales-average-income-2020-7

“FitzPatrick analyzed Young Living's 2018 income-disclosure statement for Insider. He found that that the top 1% of members received more than 70% of all payments, due to a structure that primarily rewards those at the top.

He said that many MLMs are nothing more than money-transfer schemes in which those at the top get the most money on every transaction, while the majority of those involved make almost nothing.

"When you see that 70% or more of the total commission wound up in the hands of the top 1% of salespeople, then you know that this plan, this formula, is reverse of sales," he said. "It is 100% elegantly designed to reward recruiters, and the net result is that, with 70% of the commission on every transaction winding up in the hands of the top 1%, the other 99% have to be failures.

"The entire pay plan is designed to reward recruiting — recruiting is what the business is really all about. And by this design, to reward the most successful recruiters, it dooms the vast majority.

"The point is not to sell; the point is to keep getting salespeople. And they're not really salespeople; they're actually customers. They're customers whose business will be to create customers."

The Mallet’s would be better off to sell their own oils. They would get 100% of the profit and wouldn’t have to recruit others.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 2 others like this.
  6. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Terrible. :( I hope the Mallets have done their research.
    One would think someone in their circle would have warned them about this company.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and WTW like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Sounds like a pyramid scheme. I think Amway used to operate on that sort of structure many years ago.

8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Perhaps it would be best for someone who knows the Mallets to contact them privately and suggest that they take another look at whatever they are involved in. I didn't read all the posts so don't know all the details of what has been posted. I just think that the Christian thing to do would be to contact them privately because they might not be aware that there is a possibility they are getting into something which could cause them problems in the future. There could be a business arrangement with legal aspects to it that nobody here is aware of.

Christy1983, Booklady, AED and 5 others like this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I hope this happens Dolours. I don't know the Mallets and I am not a frequent reader of Mark's blog, but I would not want to see them taken advantage of by this unethical company.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Christy1983, Booklady, AED and 5 others like this.
  10. Fede

Fede Archangels

I re-read my post and don't see any accusations... maybe you'd like to specify. I spoke of myself and my experience with essential oils and then tried to defend those being talked about. I know how a pyramid works...I'm just wondering how anyone where knows that that is what the Mallett's are doing.

Where is the accusation and what proof are you asking me for.. I was not out to offend you or anyone else and of I have I apologize. Maybe you can point out where I accused anyone.

earthtoangels likes this.
  11. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Fede,

Since you addressed me at the start, I thought the sections such as (below) were aimed at me with the "you". If I was wrong, that's on me and I apologize.

It's a heated topic.

But do you think that just maybe they may be trying to help people? Why do we always have see the worst?
    I for one have always tried to see the best in others..to see Jesus in others. And to be quite honest we can comment on situations or voice our opinions without insulting or judging others. At least thats what we are to do as catholics. Let's not gossip or judge. If you know a "fact" that can help others that's great, but please don't throw people under the bus.

12. Fede

Fede Archangels

I meant in general terms....
    We're all in edge I guess..peace to you..

AED likes this.
  13. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

That is a good idea, Dolours, if someone knows them. It never occurred to me they might muddle into something like this unaware of the issues with the company and its marketing, especially the spiritual aspects.

WTW, Jo M and Sam like this.
  14. Believe me, Mark is fully aware of the personal criticisms. In fact, over the years of reading offerings coming from a much greater diversified group of contributors to this forum, I've seen where these pointed criticisms, personal ones, have diminished the numbers who could still be offering their insights, inspirations, and talents. They have simply left. Like the ones remaining are the only ones with some exalted knowledge to know better than those with complete offerings of their life styles for promoting God's will. If anything Mark is not naive after his many years of experience. He writes about the continual emails that challenge his viewpoints and mostly, as I see it, and the effect they have on him and he answers with sources that back up his views, from within Church history, scripture, Popes, Saints et al. He doesn't respond in any way other than offer the bases for his views. That's a higher degree for the truth than in the random and repetitive and baseless darts tossed out against really good people, in general....in this case a good family that seems to be devoted to serving God, following conscience that directs the ministry Mark has chosen as given to him, as he understands, which is not lucrative. When he followed his inclinations of the Spirit along w/ his spiritual adviser/s as in taking on what seems to be a small farm and attempting to live a life quite dependent upon God's providence he and family ran into great hardships of natural disasters and that destruction of what had been built w/ a lot of worry and toil. At those times he asked for donations to help out while his writings and videos, etc. were not apparently enough to cover his needs. One can imagine such situations of charity once the time when the refugees comes to pass. That's what it's all about w/ Christians.

I have no reason to doubt the reasoning given for why Leah Mallett began her resourcing of good products of the kind of natural remedies that had helped her as she had experienced products that did not measure up to quality standards. I believe that in accepting the one that is apparently the chosen source was for that reason of good reviews of the products.

Such suggestions that the Mallett's are naive or in cahoots w/ something nefarious, in one's opinion....w/ "advice" for their own good......reminds me a bit of the song from Man of La Mancha; "I'm only thinking of him; I'm only thinking of him".....since assumptions are being made against persons whose fruits have been obviously commendable as the family exemplifies, and that out of sacrifice, such assumptions have no proven basis.

Fede likes this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, Amway is one of those kinds of businesses.

WTW, Christy1983 and Jo M like this.
  16. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Do you really need to give a lecture in response to a suggestion that someone contact the family privately rather than discussing it in public? And do you really need to suggest that the people who left this forum out of some kind of loyalty to Mark Mallett are somehow better Christians, more spiritually mature or simply possess a higher standard for disscerning truth? If those of us who don't agree with Mark's opinions are of such a low calibre, why do you bother slumming with us? Why don't you ask Mark to open a comments section on the CTTK website and then you can have an echo chamber telling him how right he is. Some of the people you are criticising probably responded to Mark's appeal for funds. I know that I did although mine was a very small donation.

Do Mark and his devotees appreciate the tolerance Padraig has for those of you who promote him and his website on this forum which is effectively free advertising. I'm not interested in whether or not Mark gets emails criticising him. And if you know for sure that he has done his due diligence before getting involved with that company, then you can forget my suggestion. Just bear in mind that if the company turns out to be not all he thinks it is, someone like Mark will be devastated if it all goes pear shaped.

If people have reservations about the company, they have just as much right to express those reservations as you have to promote them through your promotion of Mark and the CTTK website.

Beth B, WTW, Christy1983 and 4 others like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

One of my major misgivings about Young Living products is that they promote New Age and the occult.

Beth B, WTW, Christy1983 and 3 others like this.