Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Praying

Not sure this fully lines up with the symptoms I have been reading for COVID-19 but this I believe is what Jahenny the french mystic stated:

---
    Went on Jahenny: "My children, here is the only remedy which could save you. You are familiar with the Hawthorn which grows practically in all hedges. The leaves of the Hawthorn, not the wood, can arrest the progress of this disease. You will gather the leaves, not the wood. Even dry, they will keep their efficacy. You will put them into boiling water and leave them there for 14 minutes, covering the receptacle so that the steam remains therein. At the onset of this disease, one must use this remedy three times a day.

"This disease will produce a continual vomiting and nausea. If the remedy is taken too late, the part of the body affected will become black and in the black there will be seen a sort of pale, yellow streak."
    ---

BrianK and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Maybe just someone who is trying to get at the truth and put things into perspective
    None of us really knows the whole picture right now but I do believe we are all praying overtime
    I would bet MMM is praying, as well
    I have experienced a natural reticence to embrace all of the “information overkill”
    coming at one on a daily basis
    And it is curious that Italy has suffered so much and other places, not so much

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I think it’s possible to grieve and pray like a good Catholic but still examine the
    factors and try to put things into perspective. It doesn’t necessarily mean that a person lacks empathy. What is fact? What is fake news? What is coming next? When is this hellish trial going to be over?
    Personally, I’m numb. But I’m praying.
    I'm also concentrating on doing my daily duties under extreme circumstances, and like all of us here, trying to observe measures and stay alive. God bless all. "sufficient unto the day are the evils thereof.":)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Carol55, Byron, djmoforegon and 3 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I just edited my response.

5. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

The Italian newspapers are publishing obituaries every day. It used to be the obits took up half a page; now there are 10 pages of obits every day.

6. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I may have misunderstood MMM's post; but what I took from it was ' the numbers of those affected by corona virus are far less than the flu.

While I have no idea what numbers get the flu, and absolutely no idea how these people work out numbers for how many people could be affected by corona virus or any other virus for that matter. Here is something of interest to me that you can ponder and watch the reports to check for accuracy as the days unfold. o_O

My grandson has done some sort of calculation as to how many people could (he insists will) get infected by the corona virus. In a nutshell, he has calculated that we in the UK will end up with as many cases as Italy. He keeps telling me nicely not to even go to the Church when it is quiet to light candles. Because in his estimation people like granny who do not stay in their homes are the cause of the virus spreading. So, Julia is grounded. Actually Boris Johnson has said as much today, and is giving police powers to arrest or fine anyone out except for essential reasons. :eek:

There is no conspiracy theory to this, just plain old fashioned catching a disease from other people, and there is not a satisfactory cure yet which means there would be a high death rate and the systems would be swamped with a backlog of dead bodies. And my grandson does not want to risk losing his granny. :cool:

I am not arguing with my grandson, but if his figures are wrong, wont let him forget it. LOL :LOL:

AED, maryrose, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  7. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

I just saw that Edward Pentin posted the following. It looks like EWTN will be running a special prayer program on Wednesday, the Feast of the Annunciation, at the times listed in this post.

upload_2020-3-23_21-43-35.png

Edited to add some more information about the above along with some other items:

Sunday, March 22

Pope Francis has called on all Christian leaders and every Christian community around the world to recite the Our Father at noon on Wednesday, the Feast of the Annunciation, as “humanity trembles at the threat” of the coronavirus pandemic “in these days of trial.”

Addressing the faithful through the media from the apostolic palace after reciting the Angelus today, the Pope said that as the prayer will take place “on the day when many Christians remember the annunciation to the Virgin Mary of the Incarnation of the Word, may the Lord hear the unanimous prayer of all his disciples preparing to celebrate the victory of the Risen Christ.”

Pope Francis will also preside over moment of prayer at the sagrato in front of St. Peter’s basilica at 6pm on Friday March 27 where “we will listen to the Word of God, we will raise our supplication, we will adore the Blessed Sacrament.”

The Pope said that at the end he will give his Urbi et Orbi blessing (to the city and to the world) “to which will be attached the possibility of receiving a plenary indulgence.”

The Holy Father, who usually only gives the Urbi et Orbi blessing at Christmas and Easter, said the prayer and blessing will be televised as the square will be empty owing to the current lockdown.

“We want to respond to the pandemic of the virus with the universality of prayer, of compassion, of tenderness,” the Pope said.

“Let us remain united. Let us make our closeness felt to the loneliest and those most tried,” he added, to “doctors, health workers, nurses, volunteers... Our closeness to the authorities who must take hard measures, but for our own good. Our closeness to the policemen, to the soldiers on the street who always try to keep order, so that the things that the government asks us to do for the good of all of us are done. Closeness to everyone.”

The Pope closed by inviting the faithful to read Chapter 9 of the Gospel of John (the Gospel reading today was from John 9:1-41) “calmly and slowly.”

“I will do it as well,” he said. “It will do all of us good.”

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/edw...ys-bishops-call-for-all-churches-to-be-closed

From that same article, the following is dreadful news :cry: (Praying...):

March 20, 7pm

A total of 59 women religious in Rome have been tested positive for the coronavirus and have been placed in isolation, the magazine Wanted in Rome reports.

Quoting reports from Italian news agency ANSA, the magazine said the first convent to be locked down is the Figlie di S. Camillo at Grottaferrata, in the Castelli Romani about 14 miles from Rome.

The second convent to be sealed off is the Congregation of the Angelic Sisters of St. Paul on Rome's Via Casilina, where 19 of the convent's 21 nuns tested positive.​

And here is some very good advice from Father Mark Goring.

Julia and Mary's child like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Dreadful and sorrowful. Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us.

AED, Jo M, djmoforegon and 3 others like this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Archangels

So very happy to hear everything worked out. Praise Jesus!

AED and Lumena like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Jo and Lumena, I thank God for His answers to prayers.

AED, Jo M and Lumena like this.
  11. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Please God I intend joining Pope Francis in saying the Lords Prayer on Wednesday 25th March for his intention. It is also the day we make the Consecration to Jesus through Mary, after following the 33 days of preparation for Consecration. Praise God.

I would also like to have been able to spend at least some time at the Church over Friday and Saturday to unite with the 24 hours of prayer also called for by Pope Francis. This will most likely all be by internet the way things are panning out.

Does it seem odd to anyone else here how we get all these evangelical type calls to prayer for God to 'FIX IT'....Where are the calls to repentance.

I wonder if anyone ever told Pope Francis , "Mother knows best" and it is never a good idea to go straight to the Father in a crisis, after Mother already recommended a solution. Wise parents stand together when children require discipline, so Heavenly Father will not be responding to our pleas, because it would be disrespectful to Heavenly Mother. IMHO

Heavenly Mother asked for the Consecration of Russia to her Immaculate Heart. Heavenly Father is obviously waiting for the Pope to respond on behalf of the Church on earth; So this suffering and turmoil can be brought to an end. Pope Francis, Mother knows best, listen to her. Jesus certainly does.

AED, Mary's child, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

He won't turn to our mother as he is afraid of offending his protestant ecumenical buddies.

Sorry to be so cynical but it's no coincidence this tribulation has started under this pontificate.

Pope Francis (as we all do) needs to listen to sister Sasagawa of Akita and put on sackcloth & ashes.

Dolours, Suzanne, Indy and 5 others like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

If it wasn't for Pope Francis, there wouldn't be a virus. It's as plain and simple as that.

He brought this down on our heads.

Indy and DeGaulle like this.
  14. Byron

Byron Powers

This may explain where all of this crisis originated from.

15. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Both your arguments are plausible, but the wheel's still in spin and we lack the conclusive data for a definitive answer.

However this turns out, we need to learn the lessons or it will become a regular part of our lives. Our freedoms will disappear permanently in the face of permanent 'crisis'. Globalism must go and nations must become self-sufficient again. This is not going to be easy to achieve when one considers that Germany, for example, has banned all fellow-Europeans from entering the country, but still welcomes 'asylum-seekers' (=economic migrants from the Third World) without restriction. Likewise Sweden. A political revolution is required to remove most of the present generation of a leadership that seems mostly dedicated to the eclipse of its own peoples. This event might be the trigger for a new political paradigm. It is encouraging that in most states their administrations have at least shown a keen willingness to protect their populations, so those who wish to actively implement the demise of their own peoples might only be a small minority.

Dolours, AED, Don_D and 1 other person like this.
  16. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

The two centres of this plague are Italy and China. This is indisputable. Pachamamma and the betrayal of Chinese Catholics. The wages of sin.

Dolours, Suzanne, Indy and 8 others like this.
  17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Your grandson is very smart!!

You can share this with him --

The case fataility rate is worked out when you have all the cases with an OUTCOME! Outcome means 'recovered' or 'died'.

So you take the total number who have died and divide by the total numbers who recovered & multiply by 100.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_fatality_rate

So the suggestion that the case fatality rate of the the Corona Virus is equivalent to the seasonal flu rate will be proved to be incorrect when the final numbers are known.

We wont know the final CFR rate for corona until all this is over but I woudn't be surprised if it is around 2%. The seasonal flu rate in any normal year would be around 0.1% (if that were the case then corona would be 20 times worse than the flu).

But the CFR does not tell the whole picture as for some regions and the older age groups this virus is certainly very, very dangerous. For some regions and younger people it is not so dangerous.

But where it hits hard it overwhelms.

AED, DeGaulle and Carol55 like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

If the virus has the same effect as the Flu all the Governments and their expert advisors (including the White House) have gone totally Criminally Insane for taking the actions they have taken and should be hauled out and shot.

Dolours likes this.
  19. garabandal

garabandal Powers

SHOCKING

Spanish soldiers deployed to help fight the coronavirus outbreak have been finding elderly patients abandoned, and sometimes dead, at care homes.

The army has been charged with helping to disinfect retirement homes in Spain, one of the countries worst hit by the pandemic.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0324/1124967-spain-coronavirus/

Sam, AED and Mary's child like this.
  20. garabandal

garabandal Powers

My take on it is that most governments in the west were caught out by this virus they weren't expecting a pandemic and weren't prepared for it. So we got a kind of delayed reaction but they decided to treat it with the seriousness it deserves.

For those who believe it was all pre-planned by the NWO as a means to get control out of chaos fair play they can live in their own wee fantasy world.

Dolours, AED and FatimaPilgrim like this.