Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Padraig, Thank you for posting this. I think it was only a week ago when the number was 8. Prayers for these priests, their families and their congregations.

Prayers continuing for all of Italy. +

Jo M, Tanker, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Fascinating. Good Friday 4/10/20. We'll see.
    I've been praying for an Easter miracle.

Byron, HeavenlyHosts, Mario and 3 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Me too Jo.

HeavenlyHosts, Mario, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  4. If true, it won't necessarily be pretty since it would involve a totally other kind of "resurrection" w/ all that comes with it.....hopefully via the Holy Spirit involved in the actions of men of good will. Perhaps "we ain't seen nothing yet"!

Byron, Mario, DeGaulle and 4 others like this.
  5. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Won't we all.

Jo M likes this.
  6. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

wait a minute ???? is that green circle in that picture a lens flare ??? or is it indeed comet atlas ?? where's torrentum to shed some light on this....

on another note I learned that in greek methodology that atlas saved the world ???

7. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Dream on Jack. People like your father are the last who will be consulted in the new Church. There certainly will be women but they won't be the ladies who do all the donkey work behind the scenes, taking care of the sanctuary, bringing Communion to shut-ins and making sure that all slots are covered at Adoration. Instead, we'll have clones of Greta Thornberg calling thmselves Catholic - social justice and climate change activists in some kind of ministry. There's a thread somewhere on the forum about the Amazon Synod. I posted an interview with the Bishop chosen by the Pope to answer questions about his Apostolic Exhortation. I can't recall his name - possibly Czerney - or whether he was merely a Bishop or a Cardinal but he was a Jesuit. Listening to the Bishop, I got the impression that the type of "ministers" he has in mind will consider adherence to Church teaching on marriage and family to be an optional extra. I've had a busy day and am too tired to search for the video now but it's worth watching if you want an idea of what's on the cards.

You're fortunate indeed if you have a good and holy Bishop who isn't a devotee of Luther's reformers or worse. Sadly, many Bishops are nothing to write home about. Recalling the Priests' Society's stance during the abortion referendum, I fear that the good Bishops are contending with a movement which has nothing whatever to do with Jesus Christ or the Great Commission. That was a real eye opener for me. The "Gaynooth" reputation didn't happen by accident. Praying to "Father/Mother God" is only the tip of the iceberg.

DeGaulle and jackzokay like this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Many of those priests, Carol, would have been retired from active ministry, some of them possibly living in nursing homes or with relatives. Needless to say, that doesn't make their being victims of the virus any less tragic. May God rest their souls. Sad to see reports of churches being used as temporary morgues.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  9. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

I actually had that part about women being given more of a role than 'cleaning-up' in my original post... and took it out. There are so many wise - and very astute-women in the parishes

Something needs to change. We are the church. And part of - 'we' - are people of faith and holiness and wisdom.

The bishops need, absolutely need - to access this resource. For it seems many are floundering on their own.

If what you say is true, we're all doomed to more Corona-virus-like incidents, until we see sense. Or until Himself has had enough of us! And ends it all...

10. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I have some good news. My dad was discharged from the hospital today! Like my grandson, he also tested negative for flu and COVID-19, so once again a false negative is assumed. We are hearing stories of other patients with false negatives as well, so apparently it is not uncommon. My daughter was tested this past weekend, and we are still waiting on her results, she is still recovering. My husband came down with the virus symptoms yesterday. He is holding his own right now, so I'm hoping he can just recover at home. I am beyond grateful for all of your prayers, and words of comfort. Our family came very close to losing a very good man. When the nurse rolled him out of the hospital in his wheelchair, he was beaming with joy. Our Lord heard all of the prayers sent up to heaven for Robert, and we are truly blessed to have him home again.
    God bless you all,
    Jo

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Byron, Patty, BrianK and 10 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

Praise God.:)

I am very suspicious about these test kits in the USA.

Something doesn't smell right.

Byron, Mary's child and Jo M like this.
  12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Hope you are feeling better Little Voice, there is much suffering with this terrible virus. Prayers for you and your family.

Byron, Mary's child and LittleVoice like this.
  13. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I agree Padraig, something is off. There are patients in intensive care who have negative results.

Mary's child likes this.
  14. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Both images remind me of a Host in a Monstrance. I see them as signs of Hope and Reassurance.

Mary's child likes this.
  15. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

"Father/Mother God" might be the tip of the iceberg, but when you hear that BS you know all you're going to get is perversion, heresy and sacrilege.

16. MMM

MMM Archangels

Subject: Covid-19 Deaths in Germany Far Below Rates in Other Countries

(take out the hype and look at these real numbers)

Highlights…. Link below.

By Sunday (yesterday), Germany had 23,921 confirmed cases and 92 deaths from the new pathogen, according to figures collected by Johns Hopkins University, putting the mortality rate from Covid-19 at nearly 0.4%, well below estimates elsewhere.

By contrast, only about 64,000 people had been tested in Britain by March 18, according to authorities. More than 3,000 tested positive and 144 had died (0. 48%), according to the Johns Hopkins University data.

It is difficult to gauge mortality since large numbers of infections likely go uncounted in official statistics, especially when people have mild or no symptoms. Roughly 80% of people who fall sick with the new coronavirus are thought to be in that category.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-...ar-below-rates-in-other-countries-11584899757

My comment……these are official numbers not made up or headlines…….now take the confirmed number and multiply it by 5 to get the total rough number for all that have covid-19 including those not getting tested.

Germany, total estimated with COVID-19 119,605. Total deaths 92, death rate .08% (less than flu)

Britain, total estimated with COVID-19 320,000. Total deaths 144, death rate .096% (still less than flu)

Mario likes this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Someone please tell Boris it's fake news.

He's just locked down the entire country.

18. I know .... I think such phenomena can be "atmospherically" explained and yet acting through the material world to make a statement can certainly catch the attention!

Byron and "Quis ut Deus" like this.
  19. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

More prayers, Lumena. I've given us all to St. Joseph, tasked with loving and protecting the most precious Child given to mankind. He will see to our care.

josephite, Byron, Lumena and 2 others like this.
  20. Mario

Mario Powers

Praying, Little Voice; May Our Lady wrap you in Mantle of Maternal love and intercession!

Safe in Our Lady's Arms!

LittleVoice and Byron like this.