Confused about consolations

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by RosaryWielder, Sep 26, 2018.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

I'm confused about consolations, I know it's never a good idea to follow one's emotions. But I've also been realizing more and more, that I'm still at the stage where I need consolations to keep advancing, I'm not yet ready to be stripped of consolations.

The problem is I struggle with being scrupulous, I immediately start over-thinking things, and get suspicious when I have feelings a peace. I'll have s troublesome thought that'll worry me, and then I'll have a feeling a peace over it, (this doesn't happen often, mind you) and that doesn't stop me from worry about, but instead worry more, and start really overanalyzing it.

How is one supposed to respond to consolations? Is there something I'm missing here, or misunderstand?

2. any name you wish

any name you wish Archangels

Take them as they come and focus on your work, whatever that is, would be my advice. A lot of what you're struggling with, to me, seems to come from not having enough freedom. Getting that might be a priority.

RosaryWielder and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank God for them when they happen
    I don’t really know anything theological :)
    I just know that they are a gift
    They serve a purpose in our spiritual life

RosaryWielder, David Healy and gracia like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Handle all this with great peace and lightness taking the good and bad with the same peace.

I find the readings on Job from scripture have been a great help, 'If we recieve good things from the Lord shall we not accpet the bad?'

God will never send us more than we can handle. As we climb up the mountain he will give us more to bear. He knows all we need for joy and pain and gives us never a drop more than we can bear of need. Leave it all up to Him.

Abandon yourself to HIs Holy Will,

http://www.ccel.org/d/decaussade/abandonment/cache/abandonment.pdf

[​IMG]

gracia, RosaryWielder, Fatima and 2 others like this.