Confession and Churches re-opening

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, May 22, 2020.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

My archdiocese at least, will be having churches re-open this weekend. However my diocese has been silent on the issue throughout this week, so I don't know if public masses will be available this weekend or not. More concerning to me though, is being able to go to confession, for awhile confessions had been available in my diocese, but very hard to get to. I'm not sure if access to confession has recently, or will soon be a lot easier or not, but I really want to go this Saturday. On top of that, my allergies have been acting up recently, I'm not sure if it's stress or the season; I really don't want to go to confession with sneezes and the like.

Please pray that I'm able to go to confession this Saturday, and things open up in my diocese.

Sam, AED, lynnfiat and 3 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers now. To Padre Pio.

3. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

For those who are still being denied the Sacraments and whose Churches are still closed, Our Queen Mother tells us:

"My child, the Divine Will is demanding and wants everything, even the sacrifice of the holiest things; and according to the circumstances, the great sacrifice of depriving oneself of Jesus Himself; but this, in order to extend Its Kingdom even more, and to multiply the life of Jesus Himself. In fact, when the creature, out of love for Him, deprives herself of Him, her heroism and sacrifice is so great, as to have the virtue of producing a new life of Jesus, to be able to form another dwelling for Jesus. Therefore, dear child, be attentive, and under any pretext, never deny anything to the Divine Will." (From The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will - Day 22)

Let us offer our sorrows and tears to Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary for the salvation of souls and the coming of the Kingdom on earth. "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." Amen
    Fiat!!!

Julia, andree and Patty like this.
  4. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Principalities

What's wrong with Irish bishops here as they are saying nothing re masses and confessions?

There was one bishop newly installed as he ordered churches in his diocese not to video cam on masses in other churches from mon to sat except on Sundays for his cathedral mass-.. It seems to me he's a attention seeker from Dublin as he used to work in archbishop of Dublin residence/office.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  5. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately, churches in this diocese will continue to remain closed this weekend, and confession is still really difficult to get to. I'll see if I can still manage, to arrange for someone at the Cathedral to hear my confession tomorrow.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  6. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

No good, I'll have try again sometime this coming week... :X3::(

7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

8. Shae

Shae Archangels

I am surprised to hear your churches are not open yet RW. I am in the Archdiocese of Vancouver and our churches are open. I attended my first Mass this morning since the shutdown. Even got to go to Confession before the Mass. I was overjoyed! I really hope your Diocese will open up soon. Hang in there!(y)

9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I should have heeded the warning signs that yesterday was feeling too normal for a Sunday.

I was planning on doing lots this week, not just going to confession, but finally applying for that job I was planning to apply for before this outbreak, and really getting to work on various other plans both large and small. Now it's all gone off the rails, I need those sacramental graces, :( hopefully I can get to confession this week.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  10. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

Will tuck you in my rosary today RW. It is so hard to not fall into apathy with all that is happening.

11. theflyingnun

theflyingnun Principalities

upload_2020-5-26_22-34-19.gif

I had just turned on Fox News and was enjoying a peaceful day the other day, when all of a sudden Father James Martin appeared and was being interviewed about whether or not it was advisable to open up churches and places of faith now. At that exact moment, I had to do a double take, because I thought I was watching CNN for a second! Of course he said that “opening churches before it’s safe, will lead to more cases and more deaths. “

Come on Fox, Really....,, can’t you find a more suitable priest than him!

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6158670879001/

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  12. Dolours

Dolours Powers

According to Taylor Marshall, Fox News turned to Fr. Martin because he's an expert and personally appointed by the Pope as an advisor to the Communications Department of the Holy See. Before I couldn't take any more of CNN and stopped watching it, their go-to Catholic priest was Fr. Beck (he with teeth like a dresser of delph). Although I didn't see it, I understand that they had Fr. Beck on justifying the ban on Mass. They're cut from the same cloth (and I don't mean religious attire).

Here's Taylor Marshall's analysis of Fr. Martin's TV interview:

theflyingnun and RosaryWielder like this.
  13. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Okay I now have confession scheduled for this Saturday, hopefully nothing will get in the way this time.

I'm going to try and apply for that job I have been planning to apply for before this lockdown, I have been planning to really take off this week but instead things have been really slow, and I have been falling behind on a lot of things. Worst of all I have started having relapses again, it's all really weighing me down. :(

Thanks for all your prayers, please keep them up.

14. Shae

Shae Archangels

Will offer up Prayers for you RW.

RosaryWielder and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Praying for you, RW.

RosaryWielder and Shae like this.
  16. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I'm starting to worry about my future again. I was supposed to have a job by now, as well as pay to gain more access on the online dating site, as I now have the money available to pay for more access. While the job thing wasn't my fault, the huge plummet I took this week has set me way back in regards to being marriage-worthy.

I'll be going to confession tomorrow, please God, I hope and pray be able to make a good comeback and advance more in the weeks to come. Do pray that I remember all the sins I have committed since my last confession, I have heaped a great amount in these past few weeks.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I finally managed to make it to confession today and am very grateful for that. :)

Thank you everyone for all your prayers.

Julia, Mario, Sam and 5 others like this.
  18. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Why are we not hearing Martin calling for a lockdown on the behaviour he has been attempting to justify-sodomy leads to far more injury and premature death than this virus?

Julia, Sam, RosaryWielder and 3 others like this.
  19. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

I went to confession yesterday! Today drive by communion after we watched 5pm Live Stream mass last evening from my church. I missed my sacraments!

Mario, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  20. theflyingnun

theflyingnun Principalities

I am at a loss for words that Fr. Martin was appointed by the Pope as an advisor to the Communications Department of the Holy See.

Here is another move which also baffles me.
    Bishop Baker who was in charge of EWTN had to retire. He was with EWTN since 2007. During the 2018 sex abuse scandal, many priest and bishops including Pope Francis named the crisis on “clericalism”, Bishop Baker issued a public statement linking it to homosexuality. He also believed that there was no rupture between the Ordinary and Extraordinary form of the mass.

Michigan Bishop Raica was moved to EWTN. He replaced Bp. Robert Baker We will see how this plays out, because:

MICHIGAN BISHOP RAICA CALLS FAITHFUL CATHOLICS AGENTS OF SATAN

Accuses Church Militant of being 'Pharisees' for exposing Raica's role in tolerating pederast priest

GAYLORD, Mich. (ChurchMilitant.com) The new bishop of Birmingham, Alabama, Steven Raica, is bringing a sordid record with him to the hometown of Mother Angelica's Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN). EWTN was formed by Mother Angelica in large part to oppose much of the agenda of homosexualist and/or dissenting bishops.

Raica, who had served as bishop of the Michigan diocese of Gaylord since August 2014, will become the fifth bishop of Birmingham, replacing retiring Bp. Robert Baker, who reached the mandatory retirement age of 75. Raica's transfer, which was announced from Rome Wednesday, will be delayed until June 23 "given the current uncertainties," according to a press report.

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news...aica-calls-faithful-catholics-agents-of-satan

The Church's ultimate trial

675 Before Christ's second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers.574 The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth575will unveil the "mystery of iniquity" in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.576

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p2.htm

I always thought that Islam was trying to precipitate the second coming, but if I didn’t know any better, I think it is happening within the Church itself!