Christmas Eve 2020 (The Incarnation ( A Word From God)

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Mark Dohle, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Mark Dohle

Mark Dohle Archangels

incarnationicon.jpg

Christmas Eve 2020

(The Incarnation ( A Word From God)

I am not sure that I could ever come up with the idea that God is love. Why would I? Or believe that God knows my name! That is impossible, I am one among billions. Or that I even have something called a soul, that is not snuffed out at death.

Yet God has revealed His nature, in the life of one man, whom many love, died for, and yes, live out their lives serving.

“What is man Lord that you are mindful of him (Ps 8:4)?”

What am I?

Well, I am a whole lot of inner chaos. There is anger, fear, anxiety, love, joy, sorrow, pain, and pleasure. Thoughts can race, and there is perhaps the danger of being swallowed up by it all, and never seeking what is beneath all the inner fragmentation. Just running on automatic until I run out of gas.

Beneath all that cacophony is a place, or perhaps a non-place, where my mind dwells observing, and when I discover this, I can begin to listen to the inner silence.

What do I hear?

Voices from the past with all their messages or closer to the surface, below that, dwells the first room available to us, to discover a presence, other, different, infinite, yet unknowable for the finite mind to even begin to understand.

The Incarnation, is a Word from God, the Word, existing from eternity. It reveals that this deep mystery of God is in actuality ‘Love’; and that this Word, brings to us the understanding of the word “Abba”.

Our deepest longing is presented to us when God is revealed as “Abba”. That our fulfillment is in this reality, our homeland, and that this Infinite Mind, revealed by the Word as Abba, pursues us!

So on this Christmas Eve, may we all come to a deeper understanding of the Love which seeks us out, that there is no need to fear, but all we need do is to say “Abba Father”.—BrMD

Sam, Booklady, Mark Maiocco and 3 others like this.
  2. josephite

josephite Powers

Dear St Joseph how sublime are your hidden attributes, for you were chosen by the Blessed Trinity to be Our Lord Jesus' Abba on earth, please pray for us that we may comprehend the seeking Love, of the Eternal Father. Amen

Sam, Mario and Don_D like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you, Josephite! Thank you, Mark! The following will always remain one of my all time favorites!

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit; 19 and her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. 20 But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit; 21 she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 22 All this took place to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: 23 "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel" (which means, God with us). 24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus.

Sam and josephite like this.