Choose your Army!

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by miker, Nov 16, 2021.

1. miker

miker Powers

Wow… a friend sent me this blog from Msgr Pope. It is spot on!

Here is an excerpt. Perhaps other section will jump out at you. But I love the way he just lays it out there - where we are today. With many Bible verses. I know many here already know it’s a battle…. Our job… let our friends family know too. They must personally pick a side. As must each of us.

“So here we are in the Valley of Decision (in Hebrew, the Valley of Armageddon). Here is the drama of our life! Multitudes in the Valley of Decision! All of us have a decision to make, an army to join, a direction to choose! Tertium non datur (No third way is given). There are only two armies on the field of battle; there are no demilitarized zones, no sidelines. Choose an army! What will it be, light or darkness, grace or sin, Jesus or Beelzebub?

Yes, here is the immense drama in the greatest story ever told; it is our drama and our story.

Yet this drama is rarely discussed today. In the very times in which the contrast between the two ways has never been clearer or starker, there is near silence. If anything, our times are marked by boredom and a lack of awareness of the battle that is raging around us. We have “spiritual ADHD”: endlessly fidgeting but never focusing on what matters. There is also a kind of “spiritual myopia,” in which the two armies are lost in the blur of perceived (but not real) pluralism.

Put plainly, if you don’t think that this drama is real and that a choice between the two sides is required, if you think that the biblical texts cited above are histrionic and hysterical, you have been deceived. You have been lulled to sleep by the spirit of this age. You’ve been deceived by Satan, as was Eve long ago when he said to her, “You surely will not die.”

http://blog.adw.org/author/cpope/#

Booklady, Beth B, Dusica and 6 others like this.
  2. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Excellent blog from the Monsignor Pope, thanks for sharing it. Yes, we must all must choose, I've already chosen and #ImWithHer
    https://militiaoftheimmaculata.com/the-nature-of-the-mi/
    "MI members consecrate themselves to the Immaculata with no restrictions, that she may make full use of them as instruments for the work she herself undertakes, namely, to fight Satan and help souls in their sanctification."

3. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Oh brother, you are also a member of St. Maximilian Kolbes Militia Immaculatae! I got consecrated on the feast of the Queenship of Mary thus year.

bflocatholic, AED, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  4. miker

miker Powers

I’ve done the 33 day consecration. Is this a different one? I’d like to reconsecrate myself and family. How does one become a member?

AED, Beth B and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  5. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

trust God, He’s got a plan and it’s being led by her

HeavenlyHosts, AED, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  6. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

I assume you did the one from St Louis de Monfort? Kolbe just refined it and the times I’ve done the consecration both of them are followed, one is just longer (daily prayers) than the other.

7. miker

miker Powers

I actually did the 33 day one from Fr.Gaitly. Maybe time to do the other! Thank you for flagging this !

Mary's child, FatimaPilgrim and AED like this.
  8. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Membership in The Militia Immaculata is a great grace for these times. My wife and I consecrated ourselves on May 13, 2000. There are some steps to consecration and, once consescrated, an MI member should wear a miraculous medal. There's lots of good information here: https://militiaoftheimmaculata.com

I would encourage everyone here to sign up for MI ASAP - there are 3 awesome Marian feast days coming up in the next few weeks, perfect for consecration:
    • November 21 Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
    • December 8 Immaculate Conception
    • December 12 Our Lady of Guadalupe
    Immaculata, Queen and Mother of the Church, pray for us!

9. miker

miker Powers

Thanks. Still need to read through but great to know that there is enough time to make consecration on Dec 8th. That day just seems so significant….not just the feast but also closing date of year of St. Joseph !