checking in

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by darrell, Jan 18, 2011.

1. darrell

darrell New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm way overdue in checkin in and letting everyone know where I've been the past few months. Gail and Terry thought of me and sent me PMs - thanks :) - and I was less thoughtful in not responding very promptly. I just want to let everyone know that even though I haven't been posting here in a while, I still very much think of all of you as family.

So why haven't I been posting? :?: Good question.

First of all, I simply don't have the computer time I once had. My youngest son is in the boy scouts now, and I was asked to be a leader. I felt it was important to do this and be there as a positive influence for these boys some of whom don't have a father in their life. So this is taking more of my time.

Additionally, my father-in-law moved in with us this past August. He's 84 and a former university professor. He had a fall and brain injury 2 years ago, and he had a subsequent minstroke last year. Needless to say, he's not nearly as sharp as he used to be, and this has added to my responsibilities at home.

I once was participating in 4 or 5 forums to various degrees at one time. Like some others here, I got the boot off one for being a faithful Catholic. :wink: Another I left as it went in a bad direction spiritually. That left me belonging to this forum and one other small Catholic forum. Here in Mother of God forum, I found myself not having anything new to contribute to the discussions, nothing I hadn't said before. At the same time, I heard God telling me not to be overly concerned with the signs of our times - it was enough that I recognized them. Also not to be concerned about the future, but to do my part in spreading the Kingdom. That's what He wanted me to do. Now I'm NOT saying this applies to anyone else here,- this is what I heard the Lord saying to me Darrell.

Additionally, the past year I felt the Spirit leading me to make more of an effort to evangelize, to go out among the Protestants and the non-blievers. At first, I wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to do this, but God made it happen. A young Protestant came into the other small Catholic forum I belong to wanting to show us poor Catholcs the errors of our ways. :lol: We'll I've established a dialogue with this young man, and I think he's starting to see things in a little different light.

More recently, I joined a Protestant Christian forum. Let me tell you, these guys are all over the place spiritually and theologically. :roll: I've been taking it very slow there as there's a lot of anti-Catholic sentiment and a few with really big chips on their shoulders. I have begun a friendship and dialogue with an agnostic man there. I sensed he is very lonely and needed a friend. Perhaps everyone here could pray for him that God will touch his heart.

I'll continue to look in here regularly (and I'll start logging in even if I don't post so you can at least see that I''m here).

Please forgive me if I have been inconsiderate. And please pray for my ministry among the Protestants and unbelievers that God will make it fruitful.

Darrell

2. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Thanks for checking in Darrell. Good to know you're still out there fightin' the good fight! You've got my prayers.

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Darrell,

For the Little Flower, Jesus' words from the Cross, I thirst!, always carried with them a longing for souls. I pray that St.Therese may be the missionary she wanted to be through your loving efforts. Could you relay the lonely agnostic's first name to us? I like to be able to name the persons I pray for- seems more heartfelt! :D

Use your posts on the Protestant board prudently. I was eventually kicked off of one, myself, when they discovered I was not convertable material. :roll:

Great to hear from you. May God bless your family abundantly!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

4. darrell

darrell New Member

My agnostic friend's name is Deavon.
    Also please pray for my young protestant friend Clem.

Thanks for the caution Terry. Yes they have very strict rules about promoting Catholicism - I can talk about it, just can't promote it. The thing with the Protestants is they disagree with each other as much as they disagree with us Catholics. I can present the Catholic view as long as I show that is based in scripture, which of course all Catholic doctrine is.

I realized I have perspective in this work as I was raised Protestant, spent over 20 years as an agnostic, and am now a convicted Catholic. So I understand where every side is coming from. The atheists are tougher because they are so adamantly convinced in their unbelief that they refuse to even consider the possibility that they are wrong, even if they claim otherwise. I sense many of them have demons attached to them.

I've learned that unless someone is searching, or at least sincerely willing to consider the other side, then they almost never will even really listen. I keep alert for the individuals who are searching or open, then extablish a relationship, try to understand where they are coming from, and then enter discussion.

SO yes, I'm proceeding with caution. :lol:

Thanks Terry.

5. Rain

Rain Powers

Keep up the good work, darrell.

6. padraig

padraig New Member

It's wonderful the way the Holy SPirit is leading you, Darrell. I don't know how you manage with al lthe commitments you have. I'll be praying for you and your frineds tonight as I walk the pup. :)

7. ForHimthroughHer

ForHimthroughHer New Member

Well, hello stranger, really good to hear from you... could that one catholic forum be the same one I was booted from...? :mrgreen:
    Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers and God bless you for saying yes to God's will for your life... I just found this wonderful forum, it is a real blessing. :) Like hearts and minds do find each other don't they?

take care, Linda

8. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

What is this thing about being "booted" from Catholic Forums? I just don't understand. There is none of that here- oops, except for that one lady that kept trying to send us money pretending her husband had died and asking for bank account numbers- we can boot those kind. LOL
    I'm glad you are all here now. :) Blessings upon you, Kath

9. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Kathleen, I think its is just that "one" Catholic forum that many of us watch but few can actually post on...

Darrell, I feel your pain with not having enough computer time....also when you get involved with a few forums, all the time is eaten away before you know it! Which is why I post so late at night sometimes, it is the only time I have to catch up! Sitting here at my stepson's house, listening to all the snoring and little nioses that the two dogs make...wondering how much longer I can stay up before my husband or someone else wakes up and orders me to go to bed! LOL

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I am greatly inclined to regard time spent on the internet for spiritual matters as a real form of prayer, spiritual reading, learning, fellowship, prayer of petition....and so I always find it greatly helpful to drawing closer to Jesus and His mother.

I have long since felt the real presence of Our Blessed Mother on this forum it reminds me of a little pigrimage almost.

Also it reminds me I am not alone in Faith matters. Also I notice some people have actually been converted and deepened in the Faith.

I have found it a real blessing. I think Pope JP2 was a big fan of the internet too. I love the way anything, anything at all we want to know about Faith Matters are there at just the press of a button. :)