Charlie Johnston

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by "Quis ut Deus", Mar 31, 2020.

1. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

The only thing I have to say to all on this forum is that pride comes before the fall

May God bless and guide us all

Seagrace likes this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Common courtesy and good manners wouldn’t hurt, either.

AED and Seagrace like this.
  3. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Agree! Charlie Johnston's problem is that he was too proud to go away as he promised!! He made up excuses (angel was testing?) and kept on being public.

Seagrace and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

so I did see Charlie in person in my state when he was making his tour. After I saw him, I felt very mixed. I didn't believe once I saw him in person and I don't know why...
    it was weird. Suppose it was Holy Spirit driven. He reminded me of a used car salesman. Also, his dental care was a mess....indicative often of mental illness....I don't know...it was just weird.

5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Many peope in Ireland must be mentally ill based on this flawed logic!! <fails to grin in case you see my Irish teeth>

Donna259 likes this.
  6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Oh boy so many judgemets made on this thread about Charlie Johnston I wonder if I am on a Christian forum?

Patty likes this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Good point.

8. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

"Judgements"... I went online and looked up Charlie Johnston and the Church. His bishop gave two "public statements." The bishop asked people not to spread his messages! This if from the last "statement." I think the bishop wanted to stop speculation, like on this thread. Also, I am sure I have read this before, on MoG.

"The events of 2016/17 have shown that Mr. Johnston’s alleged visions were not accurate and the Archdiocese urges the faithful not to condone or support further attempts to reinterpret them as valid."

https://archden.org/statement-false-claim-regarding-charlie-johnstons-messages/

AED and Seagrace like this.
  9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

There is a right judgement and a wrong judgement.

You can judge a person's actions. He is a failed prophet fair enough.

But at least 2 people here suggested he was mentally ill including yourself - that is way out of line when you don't have the evidence.

He is a baptised and practising Catholic and for all you know he may very well be in a state of grace.

Mary's child and AED like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Frodo and AED like this.
  11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I am not disagreeing that he is a failed prophet. I am highlighting the judgements of 2 people on this thread who insinuated he was mentally ill without providing supporting evidence.

Mentally ill

Wrong

unless you have a diagnosis somewhere to show me from a doctor.

Sam and Mary's child like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

I agree Garabandal. We must be exceedingly careful pronouncing on people. As Fr Leo the English Franciscan said on one of his short homilies on EWTN---"i have seen many a action--i have never seen a motive."
    Only God sees the heart and what a good thing it is. I would dread being judged by people. Our vision and understanding is so limited.

Sam, Mary's child and garabandal like this.
  13. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

He claims continuous visions from his angel for decades that specifically said things that turned out not to be true... not exactly sure why you think that opinion is uncharitable?

14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Because it is an opinion not based on medical facts.

To accuse someone of being mentally ill on a public forum is calumnious and possibly open to litigation!

Mary's child likes this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I would expect a correction or an apology.

But I won't hold my breath.

16. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Here it is. From another thread, MoG forum. I thought I remembered it. I said, I thought he was mentally ill, there was a report somewhere. Garabandal, you should not make accusations so easily! I did spend time to look up.

BrianK brought it up,

Carol55 said:

I am not going to argue about Charlie Johnston's prophecies and I absolutely do not think that his 26 million people prophecy means that NK is destroyed, because if this was to happen it would not end there and what would be the likelihood be of this happening this way, not very likely.

I am sympathetic to Charlie Johnson. If it's true he had manic tendencies, then delusional and paranoid thinking that accompanies it, in a very intelligent and socio-politically astute mind, could easily envision "prophecy" that is often accurate today, while still not being from God. And the sufferer may be 100% unaware that they've lost grasp with reality.

A close friend and I have talked about this stuff for twenty years, and we could have made up fictional "prophecies" just as accurate, if not more so, than Charlie's.

A bit of ego mixed in with these bipolar tendencies to delusions of grandeur is a dangerous combination.

“An error which is not resisted is approved; a truth which is not defended is suppressed.” (Pope St. Felix III.)

BrianK, Sep 19, 2017 Report

#8 Like + Quote Reply

AED likes this.

ALSO, A LONG DISCUSSION ON THREAD, "PRESS RELEASE"!!

17. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

He claims visions, by definition the whole thing is beyond medical facts.

There are three options at this point to explain his behavior:

1) He is a liar and did it for cash/celebrity status/fun.

2) He has a mental illness

3)He is receiving messages from the diabolical

He clearly missed on the prophecies, stating one’s opinion as to the probable reason about a public figure on a public forum (and probably the most charitable option out of the bunch to boot) is not uncharitable.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

First of all this is not a 'report'. The person says 'if it's true' qualifying their remarks making a suggestion - there is a difference - they did not say he was mentally ill.

19. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

READ THE THREAD "PRESS RELEASE"

ALSO READ MY STATEMENT, I SAID, "I THOUGHT HE WAS MENTALLY ILL, THERE WAS A REPORT SOMEWHERE."

ALL TRUE!!

"POSSIBILY OPEN TO LITIGATION?" That is utter nonsense. His own bishop told people he made false-- not accurate-- statements.

Frodo likes this.
  20. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Capital letters don't make it any better!