Catholic Charities President & CEO Rob McCann

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by DesertStar7, Jun 29, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Briefly:

Mr. McCann recently uploaded a video of himself confessing to being a racist.

But also that all Catholics (--seriously??) and all White people are also racist.

I've waited 24 hours to respond here.

It's a false accusation.

And who is The Accuser? Yeah.

I can forgive Mr. McCann, but I can't forget this.

For 27 years I'm married to a disabled Latino man in a Latino neighborhood. Latinos are nearly 50% of this small city. We've faced a lot of difficult circumstances, including *just barely* paying off our mortgage.

Prior to coming to Catholicism, I attended Rosaries for deceased Latino friends in my very parish.

My best friend since age 4 is Korean; adopted from Seoul as a toddler.

For me to be accused of being racist is ... cow patties.

USA also has a long, long history of gun violence. That doesn't make me a killer.

Mr. McCann's comments are as yet uncriticized / unchallenged by Bishops, etc. And I doubt they will be.

What's next? Classes, workshops, testimonials, encouragement to confess during next confessional?

So until this is resolved (or doesn't become a cause / bandwagon ), I'll defer attendance. My continued presence is an admission (that he's right and I need forgiveness).

Will keep everyone here in prayer. Guard your minds.

Mary's child, AED and Beth B like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Really? I had the impression that they ran a kind of unofficial internship for Democratic Party apparatchiks. Given that party's historic links to the KKK, I suppose what he says about Catholic Charities makes sense. The Church, however, condemns racism and anti-Christian prejudices, so any racism is down to the Bishops putting political allegiance ahead of faith when choosing leaders. Please God, they will choose a more suitable replacement for Mr. McCann. Is he a volunteer or is he a salaried employee of Catholic Charities? Clearly, if that report is accurate, he is unsuited to any role in a Catholic organisation, not just for his confessed racism but also his slanderous accusation against all Catholics and all white people.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Please correct me here if I am wrong, but I’ve viewed catholic charities as a very liberal “catholic “ arm of the church.
    This is just another “ catholic” organization that is run by and aligned with the very liberal wing of the church. Most likely, Mr. McCann was a appointment by the same liberal “ catholic “ hierarchy that is running our church currently.
    Racism exist in every vestige of society, but it does not exist in every human being. To label a organization/ faith/ every human as racist is so absurd and downright irresponsible, that his comments warrants the immediate dismissal of McCann of any and all leadership position at Catholic charities. He has the right to speak for his own racist heart, but certainly does not speak for anyone else. It is a absolutely ridiculous and is a lie and a insult to society as a whole.
    No one in a position of the CEO of any organization who holds this view should use his platform to promote such a insane notion. I for one will not contribute a dime to this organization whose leadership allows or condones such comments.
    He should be dismissed immediately. This is just plain nuts.

HeavenlyHosts, Tanker, Sam and 3 others like this.
  4. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Looks like Satan knows his time is running out and is calling all hands to the pump. Notre Dame University just hired Pete Buttyjug (I can't remember how to spell his name - he who failed in his bid to be the Democratic Party's presidential candidate) to teach at their "Catholic" university. And the German Bishops have met Pope Francis who, according to at least one of them, is very pleased with their Synodal path. How long before we're treated to a papal pronouncement about the greatness of the late Margaret Sanger?

HeavenlyHosts, AED, Sam and 2 others like this.
  5. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

All this stuff that is happening is laughable and makes me laugh. Unfortunately, it is very serious and very dangerous. Our societies are hamsters on a hamster wheel.....we try and be relevant and actually we are running going no where. :(

How dare this man speak for me. He does not!!!!!

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Mary's child like this.
  6. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Oh indeedy Rob McCann is salaried. As of 2019 he was on a salary of $184,111 a year. You didn't think he would do the charities work for nothing, did you? [rhetorical question].

I expect he gives a lot of it away and lives in a multi-ethnic neighbourhood, sending his two children to the local school.

Tanker, Sam and Mary's child like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

oh my gosh...everyday is worse than the next. It has to be the apostasy...

Satan is running wild. Hopefully, his days are numbered.

Suzanne, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Yep. Well we know they are numbered but this end game is nastier by the minute.

HeavenlyHosts and Beth B like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Time is certainly running out. No devils left in hell apparently.

HeavenlyHosts and Beth B like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Well, we might not know exactly what’s coming next, but something big is developing...in every area. Buckle up. I’m feeling that it’s going to get really rough through the election season this fall.

Sam, Tanker and AED like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Me too.

Beth B likes this.
  12. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

One thing is for certain. If the media can stir up a storm, and get their puppet reporters in the front line ready to report on the battle lines, they will have a diabolical ball.

Beth B likes this.
  13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Apparently not. McCann uploaded his statement to Youtube, declaring that Catholic Charities supports BLM. I watched it but didn't pay much attention because he comes across as a little unhinged, and he would benefit from a period of fasting. He seems to believe that no white person can escape being racist. Evidently, nobody ever taught him the efficacy of God's grace. He also managed to work into his statement the white European Jesus slur. God help him and us.

HeavenlyHosts, Beth B and AED like this.