Carrying a Crucifix?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by DesertStar7, Jun 22, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

I'm serious.

I don't get out a lot (during COVID), and this area is still very safe as far as race relations are concerned, but considering the uptick in violence elsewhere, and the fact that I really don't want to get a pistol, have to register it, take classes, etc., and the fact that God Almighty is on my side anyway...

...I'm considering carrying a "wall mounted" crucifix on my person, alone in a clean handbag, to extract and hold up before a person who might intend me harm. Command them to stop.

I don't want to simply wear a crucifix like a pendant necklace. I mean clutchable in my hand.

Comments?

2. AED

AED Powers

St Clare stopped a horde of Muslims holding up the Blessed Sacrament. I've heard of devout Catholics holding up s Crucifix for protection.

Booklady and DesertStar7 like this.
  3. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Oh yes, I recall that now about St. Clare. :love:

I asked because it conjures up images of "Hollywood vampire movies" ... but I'm serious.

AED likes this.
  4. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

I think it's a great idea.....

DesertStar7 likes this.
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

How did Saint Clare get her hands on a Blessed Sacrament. Would that not be impossible, since only a Priest would be able to do such a thing.

I have a small bottle of Holy Water with a spray nozzle on it. I carry it in my hand bag now. If there is no Holy Water available as we enter the Church, this is a way to use Holy Water anytime, any place, any reason. Praised be Jesus and Mary, and Glory be to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen

6. Mario

Mario Powers

San Damiano was one of the little churches which St. Francis rebuilt in the early years of responding to God's call. It is about a 25-minute walk down the hill from Assisi, itself. Even today, when visiting you are able to see the part which he reconstructed. A few years later, the church was expanded to provide a home for Clare and her sisters. I have twice prayed in the little chapel, where St. Clare would meet with her sisters for praying the Hours. The sense of holiness is palatable and brought tears to my eyes. The tabernacle in which the Blessed Sacrament reposed is nearby. I do not know what an Abbess would have been allowed to do back in the early 13th century.:)

St. Clare, pure of heart and imbued with the spirit of Lady Poverty, pray that we may ever more deeply acquire a life of contemplation and simplicity. And when need be, make us courageous!

Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God!

Booklady, DesertStar7 and AED like this.