Can you spare 1 hour on Good Friday for a forum Holy Hour?

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by soldier of christ, Mar 31, 2019.

1. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

T
    Thank you for joining us1

2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I gave 9-10 pm GMT on Thursday for Adoration, but I'll be in the Church for Mass before that, which would cover the hour from 8-9 pm. I'll actually be there from 7.30 pm but, rather than get into half hours on your list, you can put me down for the two hours from 8-10 pm GMT, which I think is 3-5 p.m. EST.

3. soldier of christ

Hello All,
    I want to thank each one of you for taking part in our adoration...this is probably the last update as I myself prepare for this Blessed Easter. I am going to try to fill in as many hours as I can, but there is always still time for those who can also spend time with our Lord. Als0, don't forget Divine Mercy novena starts tomorrow!!

L pg 1.png

Beth B likes this.
  4. soldier of christ

5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thank you for this. I think I can manage 7-8 pm GMT, and will try to do another hour tomorrow. Can't do the morning but will try to do an hour in the afternoon.

AED likes this.
  6. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Sign me up for 8-9 pm GMT today.

Sorry I didn't click on this link before. I have been so busy this week.

Dolours and Sam like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Sad to say, the Blessed Sacrament was reposed when I had my time slot, so I said a rosary instead, a little later on.

Mary's child and AED like this.
  8. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, HH, it was the same for me this Friday morn. Last night, I did my hour before our reposed Lord in a side tabernacle following the Holy Thursday Mass. So even though the Blessed Sacrament was not in the Monstrance, He was close by. When I used the webcam this morning, I had forgotten and was momentarily disappointed that Our Lord was not before me. So I held the crucifix and prayed a Chaplet of Divine Mercy as I gazed at the empty screen.

I thought of the days to come when the Abomination of Desolation will occur and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to receive Jesus in Holy Communion. Then it will be like this morning, holding onto my crucifix and remembering that I am forever the Tabernacle of the Lord. I will make spiritual communions, and perhaps regret the days when I had failed to attend Holy Mass. Gathering in prayer with other Catholics will be our mainstay then, so let us form relationships now, that Jesus will use to carry us through in days to come.

[​IMG] “no copyright infringement is intended”:notworthy:

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

Xavier, heyshepard, Dolours and 4 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

What a beautiful and heartfelt post, Mario. Thank you. Thanks for the prayer posting.

heyshepard and Mario like this.
  10. Sam

Sam Powers

heyshepard, Mario, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you Sam

heyshepard, AED and Sam like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

I was in the chapel from 9:30 to 11 AM. EST. Our Lord was in the tabernacle. (Wonderful surprise--i didn't think He would be)The nuns were there and many visitors in and out. Silent and serious in the chapel. It is very somber and dark here with the weather as well. Conducive.
    I prayed for all MOG members. It was a lovely and very powerful time with Our Lord. God bless you all. (You can see I broke my resolution to stay off line--too much going on)

heyshepard, Mario, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

God bless you and thank you for your somber prayers which suited Good Friday.

heyshepard, Dolours and AED like this.
  14. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

One other person and myself stayed with our priest until 10PM last night till the repose of our Lord.

heyshepard, Mario, AED and 2 others like this.
  15. Sam

Sam Powers

16. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I was gazing upon the empty Tabernacle from 1 to 3 pm at church. During the time I completed the the rosary and also Via Crusis... The way of the Cross.

Mario, AED and Mary's child like this.
  17. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Beautiful!:love:

Mario, AED and heyshepard like this.
  18. soldier of christ

These thoughts you all have are so beautiful...I too was disappointed when I went online and saw that our Lord was not there.. My thought at that moment was perhaps this was a his disciples and Mother Mary felt after his crucifixion. He is gone and we are alone....without him...

heyshepard, Mario and AED like this.