Can you spare 1 hour on Good Friday for a forum Holy Hour?

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by soldier of christ, Mar 31, 2019.

1. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

Hello all,
    I was just sitting here surfing the web when an abrupt inspiration came to me. I felt compelled to ask. I felt Jesus asking us to have a 24 hour adoration within our forum members on Good Friday. We could base it on a standard time zone. With so many members from many different countries, it is easily doable. I thought if we could set up a time slot that you could fill in and be assigned to keep our Lord company. Would anyone be willing to devote 1 hour in adoration on Good Friday. If you are unable to get to a Church, they do have an online live adoration also. We would only need 24 people doing this. Or less, if you would sign up for more than 1 time. Just think 24 consecutive hours of our Lord being kept company by us as a family who loves him dearly.
    The thought of Jesus alone on the cross with only his Mother and John to comfort him breaks my heart. Please consider..

2. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Beautiful Initiative! I wholeheartedly support it, and yes, I would like to participate.

I can do 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time. That's 6:30-7:30 a.m. GMT, and I believe 1:30-2:30 a.m. EST.

So now you only need 23 others! :D

God bless.

Mary's child, AED and heyshepard like this.
  3. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

That's an awesome idea! Please sign me up for an hour of being with our Lord on His most difficult and most important day of His life.
    With all my heart and love to you all. Matt

Mary's child, AED and Xavier like this.
  4. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Soldier of Christ, This is a very beautiful idea. I will definitely take a slot. I am planning to do this on Holy Thursday (the shrine by me has mass at 7pm and adoration until midnight) but I can take pretty much any hour on Good Friday that does not get filled by someone else and do it online.

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Soldier of Christ,

There is one possible glitch. After the Holy Thursday Mass (7pm?), the altar is cleared, and the Blessed Sacrament is taken from the main tabernacle and reserved elsewhere. Some churches reserve the Blessed Sacrament in a second tabernacle in a different location in the main Church, or sometimes in an accessible chapel. At our small church, the Blessed Sacrament is reserved from 8pm-Midnight on a side altar and then removed to a tabernacle in the sacristy where no one can adore. It then is brought out to distribute Holy Communion on Good Friday (3pm), but basically, there is no Real Presence in my main church on Good Friday.

Could you more clearly explain to what time frame you are referring?:confused::cautious:

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

heyshepard likes this.
  6. soldier of christ

Good point... that is what our church does also. At what point is the Blessed Sacrament back in the Church? Vigil on Holy Saturday? Maybe we should do Wednesday midnight to Thursday midnight??
    Any thoughts anybody??

heyshepard, Mary's child and AED like this.
  7. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Mario, You replied to my post but you may realize that.

I have a suggestion, if member Soldier of Christ likes it it might work. We could do it on Holy Thursday as I mentioned in my original post. Since many of us live in different time zones this could work close to the way that SofC suggested, if everyone selects an hour on Holy Thursday from 8pm to midnight in their own time zone we may cover 24 hours pretty well, maybe not perfectly but it there is a live cam for Eucharistic adoration that someone could post a link to we should be able to cover 24 hours on Holy Thursday.

heyshepard, Mary's child and AED like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I have access to our Eucharistic chapel all day on Good Friday until the Good Friday service at 3. The Blessed Sacrament is reserved in the tabernacle in the sacristy. I often go and sit for an hour there on Good Friday. Like Soldier of Christ I feel like I am keeping Him company. I could do that Good Friday morning.

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Holy Thursday is a good idea. That is the day that the Lord instituted the Holy Eucharist, and Adoration hopefully will be easier to find then. Just my thoughts

10. soldier of christ

Hi everyone,
    So I think we have a solution. I liked all the ideas put forth and came up with a possible solution. Holy Thursday is a wonderful idea leading into Good Friday. This time was also very difficult for Jesus. So I am thinking if we start at 1 am est time on Holy Thursday (6 am GMT) and go for 24 hours, that will put us at midnight est Holy Thursday (5 am GMT Good Friday am). AED mentioned they have access to Good Friday adoration also which extend our 24 hr group adoration even longer.

I will keep a chart going of whoever signs up and post it frequently so we can try to get all the times covered. Perhaps we could even keep a list of intentions we can bring together to pray for during adoration

Thank you all for helping bring this all together!:)
    SOC

This is a link I use for online adoration.

Xavier, Carol55 and heyshepard like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you
    Very good idea
    You rock !

Xavier, AED and heyshepard like this.
  12. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

SoC Thank you for the on-line adoration! I'm on eastern standard time. I will take what-ever time will work best. I do have to say that I will be in Church from 1 pm to at least 3 pm EST but any other time would be fine. God Bless!

Xavier likes this.
  13. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I meant to say in Church 1-3 pm Good Friday. :)

14. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

8pm-9pm ET on Holy Thursday for me, please - thank you. (Would that be 12pm-1pm GMT on Good Friday?)

Xavier likes this.
  15. soldier of christ

I think that would be 1am to 2 am Good Friday morningGMT

16. sterph

sterph Archangels

I would like 6-7 pm EST on Thursday please.

Xavier likes this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

SOC I will sign up for 10-11 AM Good Friday morning.

Xavier likes this.
  18. Mario

Mario Powers

9-10pm EST on Holy Thursday!:notworthy:

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

Xavier likes this.
  19. soldier of christ

EST ???

20. soldier of christ

AED this will be 3pm GMT on Good Friday how beautiful..

Xavier and AED like this.