Brother-in-law threatened

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Jan 1, 2021.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

Same as I've mentioned before, Russell, whose job was recently in jeopardy.

Russell has a 25-year-old son from a previous marriage.

This son is Gay, is otherwise a nice young man (I've met him once, in summer 2017) except when he's drunk.

He has previously verbally attacked Russell (for being a Trump supporter), and today sister said he's also threatened to "disown" Russell ... and now is threatening to beat Russell up.

:(

More disturbing is that at least one physical altercation has already happened: During a "family vacation" to a tropical island 5 years ago, Russell and son got into a shoving match while both were inebriated. Sister also told me this only today.

I asked sister, "You aren't also being threatened??"

She said no. Also that stepson does apologize once he's sobered up.

But we know of terrible cases of otherwise nice and well-rounded "kids" losing their minds and killing. :X3:

This young man also flaunts his college education, insisting Dad should vote as he's directed. :whistle:

I cannot imagine personally dealing with a situation like this.

Keeping others in prayer here, who might face similar, along with Russell.

Suzanne, Clare A, Don_D and 3 others like this.
  2. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

I'll pray for this. But am a bit worried that this may end up bad. My neighbor was recently physically attacked by his son. This son had just that day gotten out of prison for assault. Needless to say, the son is back in prison. Will pray, but please warn him that action needs to be taken before it's too late.

RosaryWielder, Beth B and DesertStar7 like this.
  3. DesertStar7

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I've advised sister in like fashion.

I'd advise Russell myself, but I've only met him twice (1,300 miles distant), and I'm certain he'd resent my knowing (sister volunteers info, I don't pry), and especially comments.

RosaryWielder and Beth B like this.
  4. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

You're welcome. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt if it can be avoided.

RosaryWielder, Beth B and DesertStar7 like this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

This is much more common a situation than most realize. The hatred for Trump is breaking up families.it’s getting worse.

6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Praying is sometimes the only thing you can do......):

DesertStar7 and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Will pray...

Beth B and DesertStar7 like this.
  8. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I hope he can patch things up with his son.

Beth B and DesertStar7 like this.
  9. DesertStar7

Thanks everyone.

She'd told me in early December of stepson angrily texting his Dad, which I thought was a one time occurrence.

Well no. Seems it's everytime stepson gets drunk. :unsure:

On top of this, my sister daily tends to our very selfish mother (in her nearby apartment)...has a 38-year-old special needs son...resigned from her full-time job in mid-August for fear of catching and passing COVID to mother...Russell nearly got fired two weeks ago...

Really wish sister's 2nd marriage had been her last (ended in 2003). :unsure: And that's not a swipe against men; not all wives are a blessing either. :whistle:

We're 1,300 miles apart, so I can't know of the "day in, day out." This news troubled me all last night. :X3:

Beth B likes this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

Such a burden on your heart, DS7!:( Praying!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Beth B, AED and DesertStar7 like this.