Brother-in-law in danger of being fired

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Feb 21, 2021 at 4:33 PM.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

Russell's supervisor has a personal dislike of him.

I've met Russell twice, and he's not a bad or evil person.

Russell thinks it's because he politely declined socializing with supervisor and his wife 8 or 10 years (!!) ago.

One more write-up and Russell's good-paying, good-benefits job (railway engineer) is gone. He is 60 years old.

Please pray the supervisor softens his heart and Russell keeps his job.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 5:26 PM
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Oh dear, not good. Prayers going up. It would be a shame if he lost his job since he is so close to retirement. Is there something Russel could do to improve the situation? He needs to tread carefully, and hang in there. It will be a challenge for him to find a new position with benefits, and similar pay at his age. :(

3. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

I think he should "jump ship" and apply to work with a different railway company; there are two in their small city.

Or re-apply to again work at a nearby factory (where my sister met him in 2009, where he also briefly worked while laid off from the railway).

I wouldn't like that Sword of Damocles hanging over my head. :(

Jo M likes this.
  4. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Well at least he has other options. Hope it all works out.

DesertStar7 and Beth B like this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I will!

DesertStar7 likes this.
  6. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Principalities

He could apply for early retirement if possible. My uncle worked for Santa Fe railroad for years until they were bought out by Burlington Northern. He was offered an early retirement package that was quite nice. Of course, his position would have been filled by a younger person with lower pay and fewer benefits. But at least he was offered retirement.

DesertStar7, Jo M and Beth B like this.
  7. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Prayers for him! I'm confident God will get him to a better place or resolve issues where he is at. I just left the professional work force after 35 years and it's tough, especially for Christians right now. My really good job for the last 20 years was run by staunch Democrats who knew I was Catholic and I voted Republican. They made it very clear they were not happy with this but admitted that I did an excellent job and they completely trusted me BECAUSE of my values. But, yes can be a huge cross in the workforce dealing with others.

DesertStar7 and Jo M like this.
  8. Jo M

Jo M Powers

You were very fortunate that your employer recognized your values. The workplace can be a minefield these days. I know of situations where good employees were pushed out of their jobs with the intention of replacing them other individuals. Sad. :(

DesertStar7 likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayer at Holy Hour now.:)

DesertStar7 likes this.