Big Decision made!!

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Feb 27, 2022.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

After much prayer, reflection and given the signs of the times all around us I have made a decision that next year (2023) will be my final year in teaching (after 36 years). I am going to cash in my pension and pay off the mortgage on my home so that at least I will own the property. My wife is also going to do the same thing. We cannot afford to retire fully but will both do part time work to top up our pensions.

I am certain that this is the right decision.

Interesting, that I have to give three months notice, which I will be able to give on my birthday in May next year, the day that I turn 60.

I am entrusting all to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Hopefully, things don't decline too quickly (always possible) with the Russian/Ukraine situation that might scupper my plans.

Seagrace, Adoremus, Carolyn and 16 others like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Congratulations!

3. Luiflower

Luiflower Archangels

I pray that God Blesses your plans.

'Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans' Proverbs 16:3

Beth B, Carol55, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

I'm a May baby too.

Don't get old in your mind (not saying you are).

I'm 56.

It's sad, seeing close family members going on (now) about "old."

Beth B, AED and garabandal like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Hooray Garabandal. I feel in my bones this is the right decision. Our Lady will lead you now I bet. She has work for you to do.:love:

6. Jo M

Jo M Powers

You must be very relieved to have this settled garabandal. It sounds wonderful! :)

Beth B, garabandal and AED like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes, my thoughts too.

garabandal likes this.
  8. Whatever

Whatever Archangels

Congrats Garabandal. Be very frugal with the finances when you cash in the pension. Remember that you have maybe 30 years of inflation ahead of you. That said, peace of mind is priceless.

Seagrace and AED like this.
  9. Rosalia66

Rosalia66 Archangels

Wonderful! Doesn’t it feel good when you make a big decision like this. Not to be taken lightly so when you do…there’s a great consolation in it! Blessings will come from this.

garabandal and Sam like this.
  10. Byron

Byron Powers

May the Holy Spirit enlighten both of you.

garabandal and AED like this.
  11. Mario

Mario Powers

When you say 2023, does this mean you finish up before summer break?:unsure:

AED likes this.
  12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I give my three month notice at the end of May 2023 (when I turn 60) so that means I get paid over the summer break).

13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It is actually a very hard decision to make as I have been in present school since 1993 and have a good social network there. Not easy breaking from the security and routine of permanent employment to cast myself into the part-time labour market at my age but I feel it must be done. The challenge will be refreshing.

Whatever and AED like this.
  14. zouxi

zouxi New Member

congratulations and God bless.