Beautiful Music For Beautiful Souls

Discussion in 'Music' started by Spirit of Truth, Apr 4, 2015.

1. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Amazing.

2. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Well David did dance before the Lord. I myself have found myself dramatically sweeping up my statues of Mary and or Jesus and do a slow waltz around my living room with them :D

padraig likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

a
    Aww. I do find myself getting fonder of statues in my old age. But it is very,very hard to find a beautiful one.:)

Ananchal likes this.
  4. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Here's a song I think Saint Peter would enjoy and relate to. God rest poor Barney McKenna's soul.

5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

TinNM likes this.
  6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

7. Te Deum

Te Deum Principalities

Woke up singing in Hebrew last week! Well, small exaggeration, it was just one line. I had listened to a collection of songs and this was the one that stuck in my head. Found the artist on utube again. Hope you like as much as I do :) Simchu!

TinNM and Katfalls like this.
  8. Te Deum

Te Deum Principalities

As for me and my House - love this too

9. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Hollywood use to have some of this and it could use some of this now... what a great song, I think this says from 1952 and yes, Ann Blyth was a fairly big time actress and she is still with us.

Ann Blyth - Wikipedia

Come, Holy Ghost, Creator blest, And in our hearts take up Thy rest;
    Come with thy grace and heav'nly aid to fill our hearts which thou hast made,
    To fill our hearts which Thou has made.

O Comforter, to thee we cry, Thou heav'nly gift of God most high;
    Thou fount of life, and fire of love, And sweet anointing from above,
    And sweet anointing from above.

Chorus:
    Be not afraid, where you go there I am with you. (2x)

O Holy Ghost, through thee alone, Know we the Father and the Son;
    Be this our firm unchanging creed, That thou dost from them both proceed,
    That thou dost from them both proceed.

etc.

Another version, usually when the big green box is in a youtube video, they are well done renditions.

Te Deum likes this.
  10. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

I'm not into "Taize" that much, I don't have the experience so I can not say one way or another, I believe I was at one session they taught us about it...but a rollicking verfsion here of "Kyrie Elison" in a number of different languages:

"Pange Lingua Gloriosi", a bit more traditional.

"Genitori, Genitoque"

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Te Deum likes this.
  11. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you, TinNM, so soothing! Alleluia!

12. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

The 1960s/1970s Spanish pop band , Mocedades, that was known for the hit, "Eres Tu" performed "Pange Lingua", these two songs posted below.

Really good to see these young people (then), these Spaniards do this inspirational song, so clean cut. And of course, there hit, "Eres Tu" which was a hit in the USA too. Yes, apparently, the faith has faltered there but like France, some , nonetheless, hold very steadfastly to the faith.

24 hour live webcam of what has to be one of the oldest Churches to watch online, the Sanctuary of Covadonga, it looks like it is in a cave over in Spain.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  13. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Julia likes this.
  14. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

In British Colombia, Canada, there is a music school out there so the faces sometimes change seeing their videos, they are called Fountainview Academy, Verses below.

And I think this is a contemporary (but does NOT sound like contemporary music) meaning a new hymn but they took straight from the Gospel of Paul though, I think it is mostly KJV (King James Version).... and it is the passage from 1 Thessalonians 4: 13- and so on....

They seem to be a very wholesome group of "kids", they also do "Crown Him with Many Crowns" and other traditional songs.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  15. Jo M

Jo M Powers

TinNM and Te Deum like this.
  16. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Very traditional Catholic music if not posted already, written by Bob Dufford, SJ, so a Jesuit, Society of Jesus:

She's a very inspired singer.

As is John Michael Talbot:

17. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Not modern music to me but more like an update well-done of this timeless classic hymn, "Crown Him With Many Crowns"...

18. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Traditional German Lutheran Choir singing "A Mighty Fortress" in German, imho, good song, we have sung it in our Catholic Church.

19. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Songs of Divine Mercy, I'll have to try to listen to this more:

20. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Lots of people perform this song, in my opinion, hard to beat Cat Stevens' version.... "Morning Has Broken"...

On this one, the words are of St. Francis, a later composer put them to music, "All Creatures of Our God and King":

The words of the hymn were initially written by St. Francis of Assisi[2] in 1225 in the Canticle of the Sun poem, which was based on Psalm 148.[3] The words were translated into English by William Draper, who at the time was rector of a Church of England parish church at Adel near Leeds. Draper paraphrased the words of the Canticle and set them to music.
    All Creatures of Our God and King - Wikipedia
    Another rendition:

From Disney Hall, Southern California, Episcopalians:

Last edited: May 30, 2021