Away Camping.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Feb 6, 2022.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

My heating and fridge stopped working around about the time she showed up. They do have power. But the devil is on a tight leash. But I do feel sorry for her, whatever she set on me will going back to her in a very bad mood, having failed; poor woman..and she will have no defense whatsoever.

May God have mercy on her, I must pray for her. Poor, poor woman.

2. padraig

padraig Powers

Did you see this?

AED likes this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

Get better quickly Padraig!

I’m certainly not complaining about my situation. I’m in a 30” travel trailer with a 14” slide out, I have electric and water hook up from my friend here, a great little wood stove, a reliable propane 5 gallon hot water heater and furnace for when my wood stove goes out, and a big propane tank the local propane company comes and fills up when I call them. I’ve faced certain challenges in this set up, but all so far have been relatively easy to resolve. I put up a heavy vinyl skirt all around the base of my trailer and that has made a huge difference in preventing the plumbing inside the floor from freezing and keeping the inside floor warmer during the colder days.

I consider it my own version of a “tiny house.”

I have been to Haiti three times for medical missionary trips. Mother Teresa said the slums of Haiti are the poorest place she has seen on earth so I’ve seen how the truly poor live. I’m living like a king in comparison.

4. AED

AED Powers

Great post Brian. Its always good to see how the poorest poor really live. I remember the first cruise we took--to the Caribbean and the Dominican Republic was a shock. I felt guilty to be sailing on a resort ship where food is wasted. I talked to a priest about it in confession. He was very good. He said the best thing i could do was pray for them and materially support local poor with food banks and soup kitchens and homeless shelters. I try. But I've never forgotten that experience and I take NOTHING for granted. Extreme gratitude for my blessings.
    I can only imagine poor Haiti.

Sam, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

In Africa and now Russia....

padraig likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

I don't suppose Brian you might have an idea how to get air out of a gas line?

I know in the USA poor people tend to live in trailer parks. I suppose if the Holy Family had lived there it would have been in a Trailer Park, which would have been handy for doing a bolt into Egypt.:):)

I recall, 'The Rockford Files', he had a very nice trailer.

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

Times are coming to a close. The days past so quickly now, it is like living on an express train. Time has quickened and quickened. God is sparing us much by speeding things up.

So fast the days go, so very,very fast.

Matthew 24:22

And unless those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake, those days shall be shortened.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
    Sam, Jo M, Mary's child and 1 other person like this.
  8. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

I think if you make sure your propane tanks are full, hook up your propane good and tight with a wrench, and light your stove burners and let them run on high for a minute or two, that might purge the lines. Then after that, try starting the furnace.

Please let me know if that works.

AED likes this.
  9. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

I remember the three witches in Macbeth were referred to as The Weird Sisters.

Jo M, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

I think Shakespeare remained a Catholic, a secret Catholic. So much in his writings reflect the Faith.

Adoremus, Sam and AED like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

I think Joseph Pearce proves his thesis very well. Hamlet is a very Catholic play. I loved teaching it because it opened the door to so much understanding of the Catholic faith for my students. So many levels to explore in that play. I miss teaching it.

12. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

"Fair is foul and foul is fair". Sums up the current state of things pretty well, doesn't it?

AED, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. Sam

Sam Powers

I always thought that was perhaps why he set so many plays in Italy. That way he could conveniently have his priests and the Catholic religion, as it might have been all he knew.

AED, Adoremus, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, “hover through the fog and filthy air”

Mary's child, AED, Adoremus and 2 others like this.
  15. padraig

padraig Powers

He also had a very,very strong living Faith in the Mystical and supernatural. This is far more innate to Catholic cultures such as Ireland, Spain and Italy than to Modern 'Rationalistic', Cultures in Northern Protestant Europe. One of the things that makes him a great story teller.

Thinking you understand everything kills understanding

AED, Mary's child, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig Powers

Shakespeare could always only say so much or his head would have been severed from his body with a wave of the Queenly hand.

It reminds me of utube today.

AED, Mary's child, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  17. padraig

padraig Powers

You know it is so very,very sad.

Under the Reign of the arch heretic Queen Elizabeth Lord Cecil was in charge of her Secret Service. In Rome poor English folk who wished to return to England studied at the Venerable English College. Lord Cecil paid Italian Catholic servants to let him know when these poor priests would come to England and he caught and murdered them as soon as they stepped of the boats.

Talk about Judas.

Horror!

[​IMG]

William Lord Cecil, (Baron Burleigh) the butcher and torturer.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    AED and Sam like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Truth!

19. padraig

padraig Powers

Well away camping again.:) I am not sure how long, who knows? Anyway God Bless and will keep looking in my Smart Phone. Bye....:)

Ananchal, Sam, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Be safe! Have fun. I am keeping you in my prayers. How is your dog? Fully recovered?

Sam, Jo M, Mary's child and 1 other person like this.