Author of the book "In Sinu Jesu"

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by lynnfiat, Aug 20, 2019.

1. AED

AED Powers

Wonderful story Seagrace. God really is working all the time under the radar. So often we miss it but you didn't! Good on you!

gracia and Seagrace like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

I find reading this book very, very slowly, one message prayerfully each day very helpful. In other words as Lectio Divina. Lectio Divina is an ancient monastic way of taking very rich spiritual writings and giving yourself time to digest every bit of them very slowly.

You can see, reading this book that it has rich monastic roots. It reminds me of the writings of Bless Dom Marmion.

[​IMG]

Here is a guide of how to do Lectio Divina:)

gracia, Dolours and AED like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

The message I read today speaks of Christ as a Healer of loneliness, especially apt for those who live a Celibate Lifestyle. But it is also true that we can live our lives in cities and surrounded by millions of people and still be lonely. In answer to this us speaks of Christ in the Tabernacle as a Heart , not an impersonal idea. Eucharistic Adoration being the great cure for loneliness .

But often I do feel alone, I think especially at times in the afternoons. But this aloneness is a Thirst for the Eucharistic Lord; a longing for Mass. I think we should, all of us experience this thirst, this hunger for the Eucharistic Lord. It is the Holy Spirit carving an altar for itself for the coming Lord in our hearts.

gracia, David Healy, maryrose and 2 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

It's kind of off topic but I came across the most beautiful quote form St Isaac the Syrian his morning on humility. Basically St Isaac said that those people ho are truly humble give off a certain aroma, or smell. They are so Earthed that they are returned to the Garden of Eden were animals were not afraid of man. The animals smell humility of the saints and so they approach them. This explains how St Francis of Assisi was often surrounded by animals, birds and fishes. Stories like that of St Seraphim and the wild bear who became his best friend in the woods. In Ireland we have the story of St Columba and the island of Iona. Iona was described as heaven on Earth. Angels actually the, Legends walked openly among men. The wild creatures no longer had any fear of the monks and walked alongside them.

I believe it is true for the angels as it is with animals that they delight in humility and flock to the humble like moths to a Light.

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Humility is a little bit like a airport. If we don't have the airfield of humility in our hearts then there will be nowhere for the poor Holy Spirit to land.:):)

[​IMG]

gracia, David Healy, Suzanne and 7 others like this.
  6. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Where do you find these awesome pictures that you post?

gracia, Shae and AED like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Google:);)

[​IMG]

gracia, Shae and AED like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

i can see why Jesus recommends Eucharistic Adoration for our Priests. priests are our officers and Front Line Troops, they face Satan hand to hand for he Evil One Hates Priests more than any other. Remove the Spiritual Fathers and heir is only Death for the Children.

For the Priest the Mass is everything, his life consists only in mounting the steps to the altars and coming down again bringing the Waters of Life to His Children. But how shall he bring such Waters unless he travels to the Well, the Eucharis and Eucharistic Adoration?

“Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.” (Jn 6:49-50)

[​IMG]

gracia and AED like this.
  9. Dolours

Dolours Powers

What do you think Jesus means by the following:

"You will not see in this life the good done to the souls of My beloved priests by your fidelity to adoration, but in heaven it will be revealed to you, and this revelation will cause you an immense increase of delight in My presence".
    Does it mean that the monk won't live to see the great renewal promised by Jesus?

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I think especially at a certain point in the Spiritual Life the Good Lord lets us walk in the Dark as Far as seeing the Fruits of the Seeds we sow. This is more meritourious. The Deeper the Seeds are planted in the Dark Earth, the more they flourish.

We saw this so well in the Life of Mother Teresa who appears to have walked in total Darkness throughout all her Apostolic Life.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

I find it fun reading True messages like this sometimes to sit as a kind of outsider, a non Catholic perspective and judge the Wisdom of the Messages as and in themselves. So recently when Our Lord spoke of the need to set time aside for prayer. This is so basic and necessary especially for busy people like Priests. If you don;t take the time to shake the apple trees, the fruit won;t fall.

I find myself doing this even with Scripture lately. Then I make remarks to myself like, 'How wise Jesus is!!' or 'That's very,very deep and profound!!

Then I hear the laughter of Jesus in the distance saying things like, 'Well thanks for the vote of confidence!' or, 'Well I am glad you approve!' or 'That's a relief I'm glad you agree!'

Jesus finds it funny that I sit in Judgement on the Supreme Judge. :):):D

Philippians 2:10-11
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    gracia, David Healy and AED like this.
  12. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Or in the USA, you can find your nearest adoration chapels here http://www.therealpresence.org/chap_fr.htm

gracia, mb6752 and lynnfiat like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

That reminds me of his conversations with Sister Josefa Menendez. One time she was working in the kitchen and was accustomed to always talk to Jesus even when she didn't actually see him. She was trying to get the lunch together and discovered there was no bread. She exclaimed "Oh no! My Jesus we have no bread!" Suddenly he was right there and said "Josefa is that my fault?" With his hands out in a questioning gesture, smiling. I loved it!

djmoforegon, gracia, Heidi and 5 others like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

I think one of the reasons why God loves us so much is we make Him laugh and smile. Look at a mother with her baby. they are both always smiling and lughing; enjoying each others company.

I love the words of St Teresa of Avila, 'Lord save me from sad faced saints!'

God doesn't only love us; He actually likes us; He likes us very,very,very much.

djmoforegon, gracia, Heidi and 3 others like this.
  15. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

I find spending time with the Lord in adoration an absolute necessity now as well as a joy. We will only get through what is unfolding by centring ourselves completely in Him every day. Priests need a lot of prayer now. We are heading into the storm very fast now.

mb6752, garabandal, Heidi and 6 others like this.
  16. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

A statue of Our Lady was attacked and desecrated in Quito, Ecuador within the past couple of days. The apparition of Our Lady of Good Success occurred in Quito where Our Lady gave warnings of what is occurring right now. Pray, pray, pray.

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Amen, David.

AED likes this.
  18. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

I suspect so. He did say in the early part of the book that he is suffering from a very serious illness.

AED likes this.
  19. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, David, it does make a difference. There are some lovely prayers in the Appendix of the book. The Chaplet of Reparation and Intercession for priests will be my go-to prayer for priests when I visit the Blessed Sacrament.

AED likes this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Powers

All in God's time. Maybe the timing depends on how many people, especially priests, respond to the Lord's request that we put Jesus at the centre of our lives and spend more time in Adoration.

Seagrace and AED like this.