Author of the book "In Sinu Jesu"

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by lynnfiat, Aug 20, 2019.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

2. That is pretty neat, Lynn. I really liked what Father Kirby said about the effects of Adoration.

RoryRory likes this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thanks, Lynn, for the link. That monastery is on my list of places to visit. It has just made it to the top of the list. Think I'll buy that In Sinu Jesu book too.

The snippets of Dr. Moynihan's conversations with Archbishop Vigano were interesting (starting with letter No. 43). Looks like Dr. Moynihan's book about the conversations could become a best seller. He says it will be out in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it.

Patty likes this.
  4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Neet story! I have been hoping for volume II of In Sinu Jesu to come out. I love this book and feel it is a keepsake for the times.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Patty, Bartimaeus, Heidi and 3 others like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

So much to see when Geralyn and I visit Ireland. Dare we add Silverstream Priory to the List?:cool:

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Patty, gracia and RoryRory like this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Bear in mind, Mario, that the road in that picture is two-way. And if you're on the side with the continuous white line and stuck behind a tractor you'll have plenty of time to take in the view - provided the tractor doesn't have a trailer full of something dark coloured and smelly that somehow manages to spray across your windscreen. :eek::D:eek:

Patty and gracia like this.
  7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I wouldn't miss it if in Ireland.

8. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

The book is amazing. Makes me want to go to Adoration very often!

9. Dolours

Dolours Powers

A few people have said that the book is meant for priests and that it could be heavy going for the average layperson. That made me hesitate about buying it because I was afraid that I might struggle with it. Would you recommend it to the average Catholic?

10. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

It's not heavy at all, Dolours. Go for it.

Dolours and gracia like this.
  11. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

Dolours and Bartimaeus like this.
  12. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

It just likely will change your life. Jesus' words to this Priest are simple - not "too heavy" for anyone. I believe that all Catholics should read it as it could change the world if we would only take to heart what Our Lord is saying.

Seagrace, Dolours, Bartimaeus and 4 others like this.
  13. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

It is not heavy at all. I read a few pages at Adoration and realize how much can be accomplished through Adoration. I bought one for our priest. I’m not sure if he is reading it so maybe an extra prayer from you all would set him on fire for God and really believe- just a short prayer.

14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Well spoken
    :LOL:

AED, gracia and Dolours like this.
  15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thanks for the reassurance. I bought the book.

16. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm loving this book. Thanks again to everyone who recommended it.

Seagrace and maryrose like this.
  17. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I got this book last year in Knock. I too love it. It gives me great hope. All the answers are to be found in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
    Apart From Me you can do nothing.

It's interesting Arch. Vigano is promoting this book.
    I too was taken with the message from Our Lady asking priests to go to Knock. If you think about it the apparition at Knock is all about the Mass and the priesthood so I think it's a good thing to pray for priests and the restoration of the church there.

Dolours, Seagrace and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  18. Mario

Mario Powers

I'm not very far into the book since I usually only read a couple of entries when at Adoration. How persistent is the Lord's request for us to simply spend time in his presence in silence. Yes I may pray a Rosary or Chaplet, but I always carve out a chunk of time to look to Him and listen:censored:.

Safe in the Silence of Christ's Love!

19. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

I'm so happy for you.

Dolours and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, God knew way back then what would happen to the Faith in Ireland. Now Jesus is promising priests (and the rest of us) that if we get back to honouring Him in the Blessed Sacrament there are bright days in store for us.

I had previously seen people on the forum praising the book but I thought it was probably for people who, for want of a better description, are more spiritual than me. Nevertheless, I was on the lookout for some prayerful reading to take to Adorations. I tend to read some Bible passages but deep down I knew I was missing something to help deepen my appreciation of the Blessed Sacrament.

What's uncanny is that I saw this thread the night before my visit to Knock. Intending to spend as much time as I could in Adoration there and after being assured that reading it isn't hard going, I downloaded the ebook version. I started reading the book before going to sleep and, tired, I stopped mid-section. Next day in the Blessed Sacrament chapel in Knock I began reading where I had left off the night before. The next page of the book was headed "Knock, Ireland". I was flabbergasted. While the book is primarily intended for priests, even though I've really only begun reading it I can see that there's lots in it for everyone.

Anyone who, like me, has trouble concentrating while praying the Rosary, should get some consolation from this locution the monk received from Jesus:

"Pray using My Mother's Rosary, even when you feel that your prayer is empty or mechanical, or when you are beset by distractions. The decision to pray pleases My Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of My Mother".
    Evidently, I'm not alone in being plagued by distractions during the Rosary because hundreds of people have highlighted that passage. From now on, I'll be dipping into the book whenever I'm at Adorations.

Another thing that jumped out at me was Jesus praising the monk for praying the Ave Maris Stella. I wasn't familiar with that prayer until I started the St. Louis deMontford True Devotion preparation. And here, just as I had finished the 33 days, I read about Jesus telling the priest how much the prayer pleases Him.

After that, the book was a winner for me even if it had been hard going - which it isn't.

Patty, SgCatholic, Seagrace and 3 others like this.