Asking for prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by heyshepard, Jul 2, 2020.

1. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Hello,. I'm asking for prayers.... My sister in law passed over a month ago. I have tried to do everything to support my wife who is now the last living person in her family. She is very distraught and depressed leaving me very uneasy. Please ask for God's healing touch.

2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I will pray that her mourning is temporary! Maybe your family physician can offer you some temporary medication to help her past this period. It’s hard to see someone you love depressed, but with your love, patience and prayer, it will likely pass. Don’t throw in the towel....it’s likely a mournful time for her that she may need to grieve. If it goes too long, seek help.
    God bless+++

SgCatholic, heyshepard, Shae and 3 others like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Will pray. Everyone grieves differently and for different lengths of time. The first year is the hardest, to go through each season. Hopefully our prayers will help your wife to accept this loss and put it in God’s hands.
    My husband and I are now “orphans” in our families of origin. It may be a factor for her. Good thing that you are asking for prayers and are willing to help.
    Plus, this is a stressful time with the pandemic to begin with.
    God bless you both.

SgCatholic, heyshepard, Shae and 3 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

I can imagine how distraught she must feel. I will certainly pray for her consolation and peace of heart.

5. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

Jesus please console Heyshepherd's sister-in-law.

6. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Prayers for building up your wife's emotional healing and for your strength and support.

heyshepard, AED, Shae and 1 other person like this.
  7. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Prayers going up - I'm headed to Mass right now and will remember your intention there.

heyshepard, AED and Shae like this.
  8. I will pray.

heyshepard, AED and Shae like this.
  9. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

prayers for you that you will remain strong and for your wife that she may quickly heal emotionally.

heyshepard, AED, Shae and 1 other person like this.
  10. Shae

Shae Archangels

Offering prayers for both you and your wife.

Mary's child, heyshepard and AED like this.
  11. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Thank you all so very much for your prayers. Like many here, we feel we are standing alone in a secular world. I don't understand why turning towards Jesus Christ doesn't feel like an option to all these people who are in pain due to their loss. Even when I'm angry I turn towards our Triune God. My prayers certainly don't sound pretty but my prayers are from my heart. We laid Anne Marie to rest last Friday and ordered her tombstone yesterday. Again thank you all for being spiritual prayer warriors. You are all the best! God bless. Matt Shepard

12. AED

AED Powers

You are most welcome Matt. Your wife is in my prayers all day today.

heyshepard and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. Magdalena

Magdalena New Member

Please, may I have your SIL's name and your wife's first name.. You all will go on the Purgatory Project list and you and your wife's name (first only) will be on the Green Scapular.

14. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I will pray.
    May the Twin Hearts of Jesus and Mary be your wife's refuge, and yours too.

+

heyshepard, AED and Mary's child like this.
  15. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Praying

heyshepard, AED and Mary's child like this.
  16. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Magdalena, thank you so much! My wife's name is Barbara and Anne Marie is my sister in laws name. Last week we buried Anne with our Parish Deacon's assistance. He was very kind to consecrate her and the ground where she was laid to rest. This Thursday we ordered the grave stone. I believe that all your prayers have helped us in our healing process.

Sam, bflocatholic, SgCatholic and 3 others like this.