Answered! *Rain*

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Aug 17, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

We've had many days of clouds but no rain.

Clouds but no rain.

Exasperating. :(

Today I prayed, "Please. Make it rain. Please."

... RAINING AT 4 o'clock p.m.! :D

Thank you, my Lord.

AidanK, andree, Jo M and 6 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We sent it to you through the Holy Spirit from water-logged Maryland:D
    We’ll try to manage some more.

DesertStar7, Jo M and Tanker like this.
  3. andree

andree Powers

This post reminded me of the entries in Sr Faustina's diary about the power of the Chaplet of Mercy:

On May 22, 1937: "Today there's such a heat wave, that it is difficult to bear. We're longing for rain, and yet it doesn't come down. For a few days now the sky gets cloudy, yet the rain can't fall. When I looked on those plants thirsting after rain, I was overcome with compassion and I resolved to pray this Chaplet so long until God would send rain. Following the afternoon tea, the sky became covered with clouds and heavy rain fell onto the earth. I kept reciting this prayer without a stop for three hours. The Lord gave me to understand, that by means of this prayer everything can be asked for and obtained."

One night a great storm awoke the Sister. It seemed as though it were a cloudburst; winds roared; thunderbolts crashed. Sister Faustina began to pray that the storm might not cause any damage, when suddenly she heard these words: "Recite the Chaplet that I taught you, and the storm will cease." She immediately began to recite the Chaplet, and she didn't even finish it when the storm suddenly stopped and she heard the words: "By means of [this Chaplet] you can ask and obtain whatsoever, if what you ask for will be compatible with My will."

In 1938: "As a great storm was approaching, I began to recite this Chaplet. Suddenly I heard the voice of an angel: 'I can't come close in the storm because a brightness coming from her lips drives me and the storm back,' complained the Angel to God. Suddenly I understood what great devastation he was to have brought about by that storm; but I likewise learned, that this prayer was pleasing to God and how great is the power of this little Chaplet."

Sam, DesertStar7 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

Desert Star where are you located?

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you, Andree. This will be very helpful to us during this hurricane season!

AED, andree, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I think Arizona.

AED and Donna259 like this.
  7. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

Near El Paso, Texas. We're in the Chihuahuan Desert.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

wow, no wonder why rain is so important....God Bless!

AED, DesertStar7 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. any name you wish

any name you wish Archangels

Nice! I think this is one of the driest monsoons on record here in Tucson, AZ. It's also been consistently approaching 110 degrees for a week or so. :-/ Need the rain to cool things down!

10. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

Southern Arizona is so much hotter than here. :giggle:

We visited Safford, AZ in early May 2009. It was blistering hot, with intensely bright white sunshine. :X3:

And I'd already lived *here* 17 years (1992). :unsure:

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  11. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Agreed, very dry this year. We had thunder and some pretty lightning last evening, a large dust storm but no rain. When we first moved here ( Phoenix area) we had storms almost everyday in Summer. Mid afternoon would cloud up clouds roll in, rain and get sunny again. It was like a clock. Last few years not much. There seems to be more winter rain than monsoon rains.

We have maybe another month of the heat and then it cools off :coffee:

DesertStar7 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

I am glad to know this. It is very dry here. Praying the chaplet tomorrow.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.