Another courageous priest speaks out & Never Again in France

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by sparrow, Oct 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

A must-see homily by Homily from Fr. Edward Meeks delivered at Christ the King parish in Towson, MD on 10/11/2020. This is the homily that should be preached from every pulpit in America.
    (Won't let me share the video here, but here's the link):
    https://anticatholicticket.com/archives/1510

And meanwhile, in France...
    NEVER AGAIN -- When Your Bishop Closes Your Church (AGAIN)! -- Here's What We Must Do!

Jo M, Beth B, AED and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sam

Sam Powers

I don't believe in applause at an end of a homily, but I would have joined in after this homily.(y):coffee:

AED and sparrow like this.
  3. Fede

Fede Angels

That's amazing.. when our churches locked their doors..I wanted to go in front of our provincial parliament and
    Pray the rosary. ... I called the Cardinal and left quite a message...by the time I hung up I was in tears. Surprisingly I got a call back within 2 hours..was told Mass outdoors is not permitted, that we must love our neighbour and protect them and other reasons and that they were waiting for directive from public health to which I responded " if you can't get directive from public health the get it from God!
    I sure fear a 2nd lockdown now. Our numbers are increasing every day now.

Sam, Mary's child, AED and 2 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Fr Meeks is outstanding . Thanks for thelink. I would have applauded too.

Sam, sparrow and Beth B like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Well yes. But we must be obedient too. Quite a dilemma.

I do believe though, this time round if the Bishops were to order the Churches closed the priests would in face be morally right to keep them open. Bishops or no Bishops.

Closing the Churches up the first time round was a great evil, but closing them a second time would be a total abomination. They might just as well throw the keys away.

sparrow, Jo M, AED and 2 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sam, sparrow, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Padraig,

I always feel grateful to you and others here at MOG who have shown support for America. Posting our flag here warmed my heart, for we are surely in a battle for the soul of our nation. If Trump loses this election, I can’t see a path back.
    Thank you and the other MOG members for standing with the USA. Please pray for our elections. Our whole world will suffer if we lose our freedom, but prayer is our weapon and MOG are prayer warriors. God bless and thank you all.

Sam, sparrow, Tanker and 5 others like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

I really do love America. The battle you are fighting is fought for all our Freedoms. A Communist America would be the doom of us all.

At the end of the Second World War American US Servicemen in their thousands used to flock to see Padre Pio who loved the USA.

But I do notice something Fr Meeks said towards the end of his homily and he touched on it very lightly but I picked up on it anyway. He did warn of Bishops and Cardinals (in the USA) who are preaching a Gospel very different from the Gospel of Christ.

We live in very dark, bleak times. Still as Padre Pio advised we must pray , hope and not worry.:):)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sam, sparrow, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Great video from the courageous priest! This homily should be preached at every church, but sadly, we have many leftist priest and they will answer before God for not defending life. He quoted the Gospel of Life document from the catholic conference of bishops that clearly states that the preeminent voting issue is abortion, yet many bishops and priest in America refuse to preach it. But if they don’t, then we will!
    We can share this video everywhere....because WE are the catholic church.

Sam, sparrow, Tanker and 3 others like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Amen Padraig,
    We will need to accept God’s permissive will. But while the battle rages, we need to be the prayer warriors that fight the good fight...on our knees and with our rosary.

Sam, sparrow, Tanker and 4 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

I just downloaded for free Bishop Schneider's wonderful book 'Christus Vincit' from Amazon.

There was this quote from St Augustine right at the start.:)

'The Sun , Christ , will be obscured in the hearts of men, and the 'Moon , the Church. will no longer win the hearts of men by her beauty. In that ungoverned fury of wicked persecutors, the Church will not be seen. The 'Stars; members of the Church who seemed reliable touchstones or Orthodoxy, will fall from the true Faith and the moral life. Many , who seemed to shinning in God's grace shall fall, and even the stoutest believers shall be shaken.

Matthew 24:29

"Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

[​IMG]

Sam, sparrow, AED and 1 other person like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

There was this quote from St Augustine right at the start.:)

'The Sun , Christ , will be obscured in the hearts of men, and the 'Moon , the Church. will no longer win the hearts of men by her beauty. In that ungoverned fury of wicked persecutors, the Church will not be seen. The 'Stars; members of the Church who seemed reliable touchstones or Orthodoxy, will fall from the true Faith and the moral life. Many , who seemed to shinning in God's grace shall fall, and even the stoutest believers shall be shaken.

This is a pretty scary quote!

sparrow and padraig like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

St Augustine is talking here of the time of the coming of the anti Christ. In fact I belive Pope St Pius x himself said that things were so bad he would not be surprised if the anti Christ was actually alive in his own day..and of course things are a 1000 times worse at the moment.

https://www.ncregister.com/commenta...g-on-final-confrontation-with-the-anti-church

John Paul II’s Warning on ‘Final Confrontation’ With the ‘Anti-Church’
    COMMENTARY: It seems more likely now that we are indeed facing, as Cardinal Karol Wojtyla said in 1976, the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through.

[​IMG]

A remarkable gathering took place in the nation’s capital Sept. 26. In two locations, the John Paul II Shrine on the campus of The Catholic University of America and the Ronald Reagan Building on Pennsylvania Avenue, more than 500 people convened for a conference honoring Pope St. John Paul II and President Ronald Reagan and how these two men changed the world for the better.

The event featured speakers worldwide, from those who stood beside the Pope and the president to historians and scholars who have written about them. They ranged from the likes of Peter Robinson, who penned speeches for President Reagan, including the historic Berlin Wall speech, to Monika Jablonska, who has studied the writings of Karol Wojtyla and his poetry and plays. They included Msgr. Slawomir Oder, the postulator for the beatification and canonization of John Paul II, and Arturo Mari, papal photographer for L’Osservatore Romano, who began photographing popes in 1956 with Pius XII.

When I asked Mari if he had a favorite, he didn’t hesitate to say in Italian “Giovanni Paolo.” He gestured to his eyes and said of John Paul II: “You could see saintliness in his eyes.”

But perhaps the most compelling statement of the conference came in the opening remarks by John Lenczowski, who had been a crucial member of the National Security Council (NSC) of Reagan and his chief aide, Judge William Clark. Lenczowski was the director of European and Soviet affairs at the NSC, where he played a significant and underappreciated role in the Reagan effort to undermine the “evil empire” of Soviet Communism. Lenczowski, a faithful American Catholic of Polish lineage, also looked to Pope John Paul II for inspiration.

Lenczowski called attention to an intriguing if not enigmatic admonition by Cardinal Karol Wojtyla made in America in 1976.

That summer, Catholic Americans welcomed this Polish archbishop of Krakow, who, truth be told, was known to very few Americans at the time. It was the nation’s bicentennial, and Philadelphia, the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence in the summer of 1776, had been selected as a rare American city to host an international Catholic Church congress: the 41st International Eucharistic Congress.

The patriotic and pro-American Pole came to the United States for a six-week stay, beginning in Boston. He visited numerous cities, big and small, from Baltimore and Los Angeles to Geyser, Montana, and Stevens Point, Wisconsin.

Amid this tour, Cardinal Karol Wojtyla arrived in Philadelphia for the Eucharistic Congress, which ran Aug. 1-8. The huge event also included a little-known Albanian nun named Mother Teresa. Wojtyla and Mother Teresa were overshadowed by the presence of names more popular at the time: Dorothy Day, Cardinal John Krol and even President Gerald Ford, who attended Mass in the city’s Municipal (JFK) Stadium.

Near the end of his visit, in September, Cardinal Wojtyla shared some striking words. The exact provenance of those words remains elusive to scholars, though they were reported in The Wall Street Journal as having been delivered by the future pontiff in his final speech in the United States before his departure. In one particularly dramatic passage, reprinted by the Journal Nov. 9, 1978 (shortly after he became pope), Karol Wojtyla stated:

“We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of the American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel. This confrontation lies within the plans of divine Providence; it is trial which the whole Church, and the Polish Church in particular, must take up. It is a trial of not only our nation and the Church, but, in a sense, a test of 2,000 years of culture and Christian civilization with all of its consequences for human dignity, individual rights, human rights and the rights of nations.”

This was a halting statement. Note the line, “We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through.”

What was Cardinal Wojtyla talking about? The Cold War battle against atheistic communism dominated the global scene, but was it genuinely “the greatest historical confrontation” that humanity had undertaken? Were the people of that late-summer 1976 standing in the face of that particular confrontation?

As biographer George Weigel noted in Witness to Hope, “Wojtyla never would have narrowed this ‘confrontation,’ which he insisted ‘lies within the plans of divine Providence,’ to the clash between democracy and communism,” even as communism clearly was “one particularly threatening expression” of that clash in the late 20th century.

Surely there was more at stake in the future pope’s mind at that moment.

Who or what was the anti-Church to which the Polish cardinal was referring? What was the final confrontation? Was this some sort of dire prophecy sensed and not even fully understood by Cardinal Wojtyla at that moment?

As of August-September 1976, the final confrontation with Soviet Communism was indeed at hand — in the coming decade. It was tumultuous, and some blood was shed, including the Holy Father’s when he was shot in May 1981, but communism’s collapse was also considerably less bloody and far more peaceful than anyone anticipated. It seems likewise remarkable that the future pontiff shared this vision in the United States of America at the bicentennial of its birth, one of his few pre-papal visits to the country — the same country that would one day join forces with him, under Ronald Reagan’s leadership, in taking down Soviet Communism and ending the Cold War.

So, again, was the Cold War triumph against atheistic communism circa 1989-91 the final confrontation, or is that showdown still to come?

Here was a statement, a prediction, from a man who not only would be pope, but would be a saint. Was the prophecy met in his lifetime? Was it intended for us beyond his lifetime?

Sam, sparrow and Beth B like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Sadly, it looks as though we are living in the very times he spoke of. This was very prophetic. Was this part of the third secret of Fatima....? I wonder.......

Sam, sparrow, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

If things were fine in the Vatican I would not be so concerned. But things are so rotten and evil there in all kinds of ways.

..all kinds of ways. Top to bottom.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Beth B and sparrow like this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

Wow. Quote from St Augustine reads like today's headlines.

Beth B, Sam, sparrow and 1 other person like this.