Amazed at Speedily Answered Prayer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SteveD, Oct 26, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

I can officially say she has answered me! My son has a tenant for his house thanks be to God. An older retired couple. Perfect. Just found out.
    Lumena I know your prayers helped. Praying still for you to find a lodger.

Beth B, Sam, SteveD and 1 other person like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

PERFECT!

Beth B likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

Lovely.

4. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayer for all to St Joseph.:)

Beth B likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

I heard a lovely old story about St Martin De Porres from Spain last night. A woman in Spain had lost touch with her husband in Lima (Peru) and was broke and at the end of her tether. So she went to the local Franciscan Church and placed a letter for her husband in the hand of a statue of St Martin De Porres to her hubby begging him to bring it to her husband in South America.

Going back the next day she broke forth into loud crying seeing a letter still in the statues hand. A Franciscan came out to see what the fuss was about and when the lady told him commented that he had tried to remove the letter but could not. He tried again and 300 gold ducats fell from it. It was from the husband. His wife's letters had failed to reach him and he had assumed she was dead. A young Franciscan had brought him he letter and he was sending the cash by the stranger young Friar.

Apparently the whole town was in an uproar at the news of this huge miracle. Love these stories.

[​IMG]

Julia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Wonderful

7. Lumena

Lumena Guest

Thank you AED. I am so glad you have found perfect tenants for your son. I am still trying to find someone. I have interviewed 3, but either they have chosen elsewhere or they have proven unsuitable or references not good. Please keep praying.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020
    Beth B, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I will.(y)

HeavenlyHosts, SteveD and padraig like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I’m praying as well, Lumena.:)

Beth B and AED like this.
  10. Lumena

Lumena Guest

Thank you so much :) I think your combined communal prayers may have been answered. I think I have found someone but I will post more later when 100% confirmed. Please keep praying for me , as its a slow process, and things could still fall apart.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2020
    Beth B, Julia, AED and 2 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Will keep praying. Thanks for the update.

Beth B and AED like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Will do.

13. Lumena

Lumena Guest

Thank you for prayers!. The boarder / lodger duly arrived and she is absolutely ideal. God has been so good to me in helping me to connect with her.

But on the employment front, things are abit rocky. My elderly client passed away so I lost my almost full time job caring for him. Now I need a new client or several. So far I have had about 5 days with no work. I can hold on a little longer but please pray for me to find more work soon.

padraig, Beth B, SgCatholic and 5 others like this.
  14. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Oh Lumina, I will most certainly keep you in my prayers.

Lumena, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Very glad to hear about the boarder. Now praying for work :)

Lumena and Beth B like this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

Praying.

Lumena likes this.
  17. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Beautiful!

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Wow! So fast!

SteveD likes this.
  19. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I’ll pray...this is so important!

Lumena and AED like this.
  20. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers now walking the dogs. I think I will try St Martin De Porres. What terrible hard times. How wonderful to work caring for people as St Martin did!!:):)

Lumena and AED like this.