Agency workloads low

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Jul 29, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

Unsure how many "coworkers" I have, as I'm an independent contractor working in my home.

One agency now has a huge dip in workload since Monday.

Please pray it rapidly increases.

Surely some others are worse off in this crisis than I (with children, a mortgage, etc.).

Thank you.

Jo M, Mary's child, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Praying for you DS. I am in a similar boat. SO far we have been blessed and I count on the love of God to keep all of us OK.

Please Lord, protect your children!

Jo M, DesertStar7 and Sam like this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Prayers for everyone affected by this. I am unable to work due to disability and my wife works for the school district here which it sounds like has decided to only have online classes when school starts back up in the fall. She will be likely furloughed and we will lose our family medical coverage.
    Thankfully our mortgage and expenses are covered with my disability income so we will still be better off than many. I don't know how we will be able to afford my medical expenses and medications out of pocket though. I can go on medicare in the new year but that won't cover all of us.
    It's bazaar to think that our country and a great number of its hard working and productive people are being thrown to the wolves like this but here we are.

Jo M, Tanker, AED and 2 others like this.
  4. DesertStar7

Thanks everyone.

Until now this agency has kept us 80% usual busy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Jo M, Tanker and Sam like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

You are in my prayers Don. This is an unthinkable situation. A political pandemic to destroy our economy and afflict our citizens. God help us.

Jo M and DesertStar7 like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Praying DS7. This has to be an anxious time for you.

Jo M and DesertStar7 like this.
  7. DesertStar7

It's starting to be.

I'm grateful it's just now starting.

Others have been in terrible straits for months, as we know. :X3:

If one has creditors, call them and ask for payment furlough/deferment.

Did this an hour ago. Two are allowing me to skip August payment. (y)

Jo M, Tanker, AED and 1 other person like this.
  8. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Thanks AED. We will get through it. Maybe with some struggle and suffering but God will provide and maybe we can help someone worse off than us in the meantime if we have the opportunity. Most of my medications are pretty inexpensive but the tests I am required to have to monitor them are not very affordable. It sure seems some of our elected officials have their own agenda when they know full well the hardships they are inflicting on us.

9. Tanker

Tanker Powers

If we were in different times I would suggest a trip across the Mexico border. Most prescription drugs here are sold down there at a much cheaper rate. I have friends that "go into the donut hole" for 4 months of the year and they go right across the border from Arizona to Mexico and get their prescriptions. They will fill most any script even for narcotics as the rules for narcotics down there is less strict. I have friends in Indiana that fly out once a year and do this as it is still cheaper for them to buy plane tickets and do this than pay full price for prescriptions. Can you imagine? My friends always pick up Z packs for us because you never know when you might need antibiotics and they are literally $3.75 for a weeks dosage. That is less than my co-pay for an antibiotic. It is literally the same things, from the same companies and bottles the same, just in Spanish. What a racket.

Unfortunately the border is closed currently so that won't help. I will pray that all is taken care of meds wise. God is good and will take care of you.

I am praying for everyone to come out of this covid nonsense. I really feel for people. This is unprecedented times. Lord, have mercy!!

Jo M, AED, Mary's child and 1 other person like this.
  10. DesertStar7

There's also a pharmacy somewhere in British Columbia, Canada, which has reasonable prices. I can't recall its name (a doctor in a sports medicine clinic I was briefly assigned to in 2018 often mentioned it; can't remember that clinic name either, sorry)...in Victoria or Vancouver.

Maybe Canada has lower prices overall, if you're nearer Canada?

Tanker likes this.
  11. DesertStar7

I've enough work for now...

...however, others also contracted with this agency are likely fretting. The workload today is abysmal. Fortunately I managed to snag a long job an hour ago (if something's available it's anyone's to download).

Thank you for prayers.

Tanker, AED, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  12. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

I would check with Catholic Social Services for help with your medical

DesertStar7 likes this.
  13. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

We are lucky this side of the pond. With the NHS we don't have to pay up front for GP visits, hospital stays and all prescriptions are free

DesertStar7 likes this.