Advice for overcoming despair and inconsolability.

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by RosaryWielder, Nov 18, 2019.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

I've noticed that possibly my key problem, is despair and inconsolability. Despair, not of salvation but, when I'm struggling with temptations, I start thinking that giving in is inevitable, and then eventually I do give in. I'm trying trust more in God's grace and merciful love; and I'd like some advice how to increase in trust in God, and overcome my problems of despair and inconsolability.

Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Try thinking of how miserable you will feel later.

Mario likes this.
  3. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Some of these issues diminish with age.

That's been my experience.

What bit of advice I can give: Keep yourself (your mind) preoccupied with positive thoughts, and make / work towards attainable (realistic) goals.

Try not to dwell on negatives.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 8 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

I dont know if this will help but it helps me. I often repeat "Sacred Heart of Jesus I believe in Your love for me and I believe in Your mercy which is greater than all my sins."
    Making acts of faith can roll back those feelings.

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 7 others like this.
  5. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Say the Divine Mercy Chaplet while looking at the DM image with the words Jesus I Trust In You. Say this prayer many times a day. I just posted on the thread Prophecy - GSWYL about Verne's message, which came while he was saying the Divine Mercy chaplet. It is powerful for our moment in time.

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 4 others like this.
  6. Sam

Sam Powers

Yes, we must be in ceaseless prayer. Offer temptations immediately to the Lord for reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and for the conversion of sinners{especially any obstinate sinner you pray for}. Temptations must be stopped quickly, even dwelling on how often you fall{that is a temptation from ol hairy legs itself}. You are in my prayers brother!

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 4 others like this.
  7. RosaryWielder

I guess key problem is part of me doesn't want to be happy, a lot of things like cynicism, re-victimization, and disordered guilt & scrupulosity, cause me to avoid happiness.

I am trying to pray for the grace to overcome negativity, and have greater trust, Faith and Hope.

I'll definitely try to put everyone's suggestion into practice, thanks.

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 3 others like this.
  8. Sam

Sam Powers

Another thing is to praise the Lord. It is amazing how that changes things, especially yourself, speaking of myself specifically here.

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 3 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Me as well

Shae, Xavier, gracia and 2 others like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Never ever quit praying...pray without ceasing. The Lord hears your prayers....trust in His timing....not of our own. Blessings!

Shae, Sanctus, gracia and 5 others like this.
  11. RosaryWielder

Thanks everyone, I'm making progress.

Jesu confido Tibi!

Dolours, Shae, Sanctus and 5 others like this.
  12. gracia

gracia Archangels

This is me, too.

The Divine Mercy Chaplet helps me tonnes. It really does. It's awesome.

Praying to and trusting in the Sacred Heart helps. Receiving Christ spiritually helps, too.

Shae, RosaryWielder, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  13. RosaryWielder

Thank you sister, I am The Divine Mercy Chaplet much more now, it really helps.

Shae and gracia like this.
  14. gracia

gracia Archangels

Yay! It's like rocket fuel. I find that offering the Chaplets up for others helps with despair, depression, loneliness, hopelessness, and selfishness. Get the focus right off of that, gives joy instead.

If I stop and think how many graces I have, how good I have it, how much I have been allowed to know and believe and understand and live out, sorrows kind of fade.