Adopted by Saint Columba?

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by DesertStar7, Jun 7, 2021.

1. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

2. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

3. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

4. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

I can seldom travel, and likely never abroad. But I'll keep this in mind. :)

Sure, post more photos! :)

josephite and jackzokay like this.
  6. DesertStar7

Astounding. :love:

I'd be sitting there, looking all around, overwhelmed ... likely wouldn't hear a spoken word, would have to be nudged to snap out of it.

7. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

Next time I'm passing, I'll nip in. Take a few.... n'get them posted up here

josephite, Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  8. DesertStar7

Spectacular. The sculptures are so life-like. In my parish too, but only two.

9. DesertStar7

I know it's often mentioned about "American Catholics" (I've only been since mid-2019) ... but we do lack, maybe excepting in New England and New Orleans, OLDNESS.

Probably "everything being new(-ish)" is thwarting?

I never had a sense of CULTURE until reading extensively about Old China (its dynasties prior to the Mongolian invasion of the mid-1200s).

It can't be helped, but ... yes, I do wish I could visit ancient cathedrals.

10. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

... America wasn't called 'the new world' for nothing.

She may not have the singular history of some nations. But she carries in her veins the blood of many countries, many cultures.

The new world gave hope, life and sanctuary to millions upon millions of afflicted and suffering peoples these past century's.

That's not a shabby legacy...

josephite, Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  11. Sam

Sam Powers

josephite and DesertStar7 like this.
  12. TinNM

TinNM Principalities

St. Joseph built it... it is said!!

We do have very old Churches in the USA because of Spain, ever hear of the staircase said to be built by St. Joseph? Not a nail was used nor glue in fact, the article says it's structure is a bit impossible.

[​IMG]

The staircase St. Joseph built in New Mexico (aleteia.org) I don't think they let you walk on it. This is in Santa Fe, home to a nice Cathedral as well.

The staircase, which is around six meters high, takes two full turns over its axis until it reaches the choir. It was built without any nails or glue, and lacks any kind of central support. The construction itself is said to be impossible.​

Florida too, I believe St. Augustine may be the oldest city in the US.

There's Chimayo in New Mexico as well and a miraculous part of the church, you can see crutches left up on the wall from visitors, this would probably be a bit near Taos which folks have heard of.

[​IMG]

Built in the 20th century, the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis is rather lovely:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Montreal, Oratory of St. Joseph, this, from my understanding, is a revered shrine, place of miracles? I think I have heard so, place to make pilgrimages to. Canada, at least, Quebec seem to have more shrines...:

[​IMG]

jackzokay, DesertStar7, AED and 2 others like this.
  13. josephite

josephite Powers

St Colmuba is definitely a great saint and much needed in our time!
    St Columba pray for us here at the MoG site. Amen

14. josephite

josephite Powers

All Beautiful!
    St Joseph of the impossible, (Pray very much for my children) , Pray for all of us at the MoG site. Amen.

15. DesertStar7

Yes, I'm in New Mexico (extreme south). :) We hope to visit Santa Fe (a four hour drive) within a year, will stop by.

Oh, the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis is do-able, next time in northern Iowa visiting relatives, and my best friend (who is a lapsed Catholic) resides in Owatonna, Minn.

The Oratory of St. Joseph in Montreal, lovely. Doubt I can ever visit.

Thank you everyone for the splendid photos. (y)

josephite likes this.
  16. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

Fantastic !