Abysmal communication in my family

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Jan 12, 2021.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Hello,

I mentioned insensitivity being possibly the key vice in my family, by that I mean the communication in my family is absolutely abysmal; it’s to describe but, basically we don’t even argue or fight, we just have poor communication that results in problems and often one of us (at least my mom and I, but probably my father and as well) going off and being passive-aggressive.

Can everyone please pray for my family about this mess we’re in?

Julia, Beth B, DesertStar7 and 2 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

I am walking round the woods today and will pray then.:)

You make me happy I have only the two dogs to talk too.:)

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I despise passive-aggressiveness.
    The only person we can change is ourselves.

Beth B and RosaryWielder like this.
  4. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Principalities

I'll pray for you and your family. Communication is important for us all. And to have a bad family situation because of poor communication is really the worst.

5. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I wish I could find some way for us to communicate, but no one in my family is interested, everyone if just insensitive and I just don't know what to do.

I hope and pray that, if I can't get through to them, at the very least, I can move on with my life already; but even that is going to longer than I had hoped...

Jo M likes this.
  6. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Things are, happening here... It's hard to describe right now but please pray for my family now, especially my mother.

7. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

When you say passive-aggressive, do you mean going off in a sulk.

I think a lot of families grow away from each other once they are grown up. Get togethers are often more about accepting each other as we are at that stage, and being polite and kind is probably the best we are going to be for the most part. Genuine peace is worth it's weight in gold too.

Real love is not pink and fluffy, or all loved up and warm and cozey. Real love is accepting people as they are where they are at. If there is outright sinful behaviour, the only solution is absence. Ever heard the old saying, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
    Spread the effect of grace of your Flame of Love over all humanity
    Especially RosaryWielder's family Now,
    And at the hour of our death. So be it.

RosaryWielder and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I know this may not be possible at the moment, but it might be helpful to take a short break from your family, or at least get out of the house for a walk each day to clear your head. You can't force them to change so you may need to accept them as they are, and like you said, move on with your life. Where there is passive aggressive behavior, there is usually unresolved anger, and unhappiness. I will pray that you and your family will find peace. In the meantime make a list of short term goals that you can focus on, have you tried keeping a journal?

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Good advice and help here, RW.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  10. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Principalities

I've been reading some Stormie OMartian books, and the one thing she says is that we may be powerless to change other people, but God isn't. Pray, and believe, that God work in their lives, and in yours. Be open to his leading, and praise him for something every day. Let God work in and through you. He will give you the words to say and when to say them. Other than that, let Him do what he does best.

HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.