A special novena to Our Lady

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by luz, Nov 22, 2021 at 9:25 PM.

1. luz

luz Angels

I would like to offer something special to Our Lady, and this is what I thought of.

During these times of trouble, I invite all the people of good will to join and pray a special Novena to Our Lady, from November 29th to December 7th, vigil of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

2021 being a year (ending on December 8) dedicated to St Joseph protector of the Church, the novena would close the year of St Joseph and symbolically "hand over" this role of protection of the Church to Our Lady. (Yes, she has of course been watching over the Church for almost 2000 years already, but you understand what I mean :) )

The novena can also act as a preemptive strike towards our enemies, both temporal and spirituals.
    There is little doubt that some people will use the winter to try and convey more and more dangerous ideas. Those who have the courage to speak up will be called "enemies of mankind" or similar things, and fighting directly will be difficult. However no one can stop us from fighting through prayer.

It is time to take our rosaries and answer the call of Our Lady, who has given us a powerful weapon with the prayers of the Rosary. She will intercede for us and help us.

Here is what I suggest for this special novena:

>>On each day:
    -The Angelus prayer (at 6am, noon and / or 6pm, depending on what is possible for everyone.)

-Recitation of the Rosary: rosary with meditation on the 5 mysteries of the day, or full traditional Rosary (15 mysteries) for the bravest. Everyone can recite it at their most convenient time during the day, to one of the following intentions:

-Sanctification of priests and the Church on Earth.
    -Conversion of sinners.
    -Preservation of the True Faith, protection of the Church against compromises with the World, etc.
    -In reparation for the offenses against the Blessed Sacrament and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

The Rosary prayers with meditation of the 5 mysteries of the day takes about 20 minutes to recite, so it is not that long. For those who would still feel discouraged, it is possible to pray it in several times during the day (for example 2 mysteries in the morning and 3 in the evening).

>>Abstinence on December 3 (Friday) and December 7 (Vigil of the feast of the Immaculate Conception)
    >> Fasting (one day of your choosing, Sunday excluded) for those for whom it is possible.

Reminder: Abstinence = no meat during the day.
    Fasting = One full meal (with or without meat) a day, up to two other small meals without meat.

I hope that you can join this novena prayer.
    For Our Lady and for the world.

2. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Thank you, this sounds wonderful! How about adding 'protection from the vaccines' as an intention?

AED, Jason Fernando and RosaryWielder like this.
  3. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

Definitely will consider trying this, I’m already renewing my Marian Consecration for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

AED, Jason Fernando and Michael Pio like this.