A Reminder to Myself

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Mario, May 28, 2019.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

One of the most beautiful revelations that Our Lady of Garabandal spoke to Conchita is as follows (as quoted in Chapter 4 of She Went in Haste to the Mountain):

Jesus will perform prodigies by means of the objects kissed by her, before and after the Miracle. And the persons who use these objects with faith will undergo purgatory in this life.

What a marvelous gift!

During my time in the Charismatic Renewal I witnessed many miracles, both personal, as well as those experienced by others, physical and/or spiritual. They were marvelous faith builders and precious expressions of God's tender love. Conchita mentions those above (i.e. prodigies). But notice too, the necessity of purgation. Whether accepted from the hand of God or initiated by our own hand, purgation is necessary as a remedy for the roots of rebellion in our hearts. If we do not practice penance in this life, then surely purgation will follow in the next. It is an element of the virtue of justice which Protestants, and sometimes Catholics, do not understand, and refuse to take responsibility for. Let us not grow slack, but may penance be a regular part of our lives, even during the Easter season!:D(y)

Acts 19:11 And God did extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that handkerchiefs or aprons were carried away from his body to the sick, and diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.

1Cor 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; 27 but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

I'm curious as to what forms of self-discipline, fasting, or penance you all practice. :unsure::coffee:

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

AED and Frank Markus like this.
  3. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Archangels

Yes, I'd like to hear that too. This is my Achilles heel.

4. AED

AED Powers

Terry I am terrible at doing this. I abstain from meat on Friday and then i try as much as possible to "go against the grain" of things i want to do. Postpone them or not do them. Conversely to do chores of commitments i dont want to do. Its feeble. I should be in sackcloth and ashes!!!!

Byron, SgCatholic, Mario and 2 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I do this, as well. It’s not feeble, AED. We’re on the right track.
    I make the morning offering. I try to renew it during the day when a big deal comes up: a big chore I hate, a setback in plans, long lines, long phone waits. :mad:
    You know. Big sink full of dishes with family members not really pitching in.
    Comfortably sitting elsewhere in house

In the “olden days” there were many indulgenced prayers
    Short ejaculations
    My Jesus, Mercy
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you
    Eternal rest, etc
    Cease, the Heart of Jesus is with me
    (That’s a short prayer in temptation)
    And so on
    I think a very good way to do penance is make visits to the Blessed Sacrament
    Our local church is locked
    My parish is open but further away
    I need to do this more
    Years ago I visited more often
    Just short visits please the Lord

Byron, SgCatholic, Mario and 3 others like this.
  6. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

In Medjugorge, Our Lady asked for fasting on Wed's and Fri's. She said the best fasting was on bread and water. I try to do that till dinner. Also we try and get to Adoration, rosary and Mass every Wed. evening at our parish. I practice trying to keep my patience (extremely difficult in certain situations!) and keep my mouth shut in the car - also difficult. I try to practice certain devotions like the Divine Mercy at 3 and rosary, every day. Staying calm in adversity.. also hard but this is a must! Other little things pop up all the time eg: like only having a small desert when I want more...

Byron, SgCatholic, Mario and 4 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Great plan! The only fasting I seem able to do is no eating between meals and only one big meal a day on Friday plus 1 other day. I dont always stick to it.:(

sparrow, Mario and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Agnes rose

Agnes rose Archangels

We can only try our best. There are alot of things to fast from .

Seagrace, AED, Frank Markus and 3 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I fast from music in the car more often than not.

AED, SgCatholic, Katfalls and 2 others like this.
  10. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

I use my quiet time in the car to pray the rosary and other prayers.

11. AED

AED Powers

So do i!

sterph and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Archangels

Same here

13. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

I do as well.

14. sterph

sterph Archangels

I thought I was the only one. Thanks.

15. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

Me too!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  16. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Archangels

Same here

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Jo M likes this.
  18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

F40EAF5B-3938-4372-9796-9CE406C242DB.jpeg

Jesus will perform prodigies by means of the objects kissed by her, before and after the Miracle. And the persons who use these objects with faith will undergo purgatory in this life.

I have this piece of a bible kissed by Our Lady of Garabandal...and yes, those who use it with faith undergo a purgatory. Because it is from heaven, it is a hardship and a blessing.

RoryRory, Jo M and Sam like this.