A question about Faustina

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by AidanK, Aug 4, 2020.

1. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Faustina in her writings stated that Christ had told her that He had United Himself with her " ...more intimately than with any other creature". What is your opinion of this?

Mario likes this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

That was probably one of the statements that got her diary shelved for 50 years.

3. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Thank you for posting this. I didn’t know that.

AidanK likes this.
  4. tomekos

tomekos Angels

The language of theologians is strict and inquisitive. Anyway, it must be such as to seek the truth and expose false revelations. Therefore, such tenderness in mystical writings must have been suspect.
    The language of lovers is another thing. It is known that those in love tell each other what they want to hear. The Song of Songs is very different from the Apocalypse of St. John, and yet both books speak of the same God.

AED and Mary's child like this.
  5. tomekos

tomekos Angels

6. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Surely His and Our Blessed Mother is the creature with whom He is most intimately connected?

7. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Yes she was placed on the Index of forbidden works by both popes Pius xii band John xxiii

8. Mario

Mario Powers

The Lord's love for each of us is tender and unfathomable, more than we can ask or imagine. It is as if we were the only one.:love:

Jer 31: 3 ...I have loved you with an everlasting love and am constant in my affection for you!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Booklady likes this.
  9. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

John 14:12
    12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
    Jesus, who was the most holy of men, said that we sinners could do works greater than those performed by him in his ministry, I think that if Jesus granted this privilege to Saint Faustina it was something like the choice of Saint Peter to lead the Church afterwards even though he denied knowing him, Jesus distributes his gifts according to his will.

Rose, Sam and torrentum like this.
  10. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Got the Diary in the post a couple of days ago. Looking forward to reading it more.

AED likes this.
  11. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

the translation from Polish was very difficult. I'm not that familiar with that particular sentence but as a devotee you have piqued my interest and now I will research....

AED likes this.
  12. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

okay I found this on Catholic forums:

It seems you’re understanding the text to read, “I am uniting myself with you more intimately than with any other creature.” But that’s not what it says. “As with no other creature” is true not only for the Saint, but for all of the Blessed in heaven, each of whom have a completely unique share in the Beatific Vision. Christ’s intimacy with Faustina resulted from her fruitful charity, and it was an intimacy that was designed only for her, and which no one else can ever experience in the same way.

any name you wish and Sam like this.
  13. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

of course, we all must remember that Our Lady was born without original sin, so perhaps by that is not included in "no other creature" as she is distinctly different from all creatures in that regard.

14. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

This is what St. Faustina said, “He told me that the most perfect and holy soul is the one that does the will of the Father, but there are not many such, and that He looks with special love upon the soul WHO LIVES HIS WILL. And Jesus told me that I was doing the will of God PERFECTLY”..and for this reason I am uniting myself with you and communing with you in a special and intimate way. “God embraces with His incomprehensible love the soul who lives by His will.” #603
    As a side note: I had just opened my computer and went to MOG and just after reading your post, I took out Faustina Diary, opened it at random, and this is what was highlighted in my book. Jesus just answered your question. May we also strive to live in the Divine Will as others have besides Faustina; Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta, Blessed Dina Belanger, Sr. Elizabeth of the Trinity, Fr. Dolindo, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Mother Theresa, Blessed Conchita di Armida, Archbishop Martinez, and many others. You may want to read about them also. You will find that they lived not just in union with God, but in unity with God. Jesus teaches us about this unity with God in Conchita’s Diary (Conchita di Armida) in chapter 5 “From union to unity “. Jesus: "There are many progressive degrees in the transformation. The highest degree on earth corresponds to a transformation of the creature, not only in its manner of thinking and acting, which becomes divine, but which, in a certain sense, causes it to disappear and annihilate itself to give place to Me. This degree is the work of the Holy Spirit alone who becomes the soul of this soul and the life of this body.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Booklady and Julia like this.
  15. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

I find it curious that John xxiii the instigator of modernist vat2 banned
    her writings

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Jesus referred to St Faustina as “lives His will.” “Doing the will of God perfectly.” “Lives by His will.” (Souls)

that is NOT living in the Divine Will! I don’t see any correlation at all. He did not use the words “living in the Divine Will.”
    With respect, Lynne. You jumped to conclusions . Your own.
    I believe the way Jesus spoke about it to St Faustina. NOT Luisa. This was about St Faustina.

17. lynnfiat

This is not just my opinion, but the opinion of many others including Theologians that St. Faustina did live in the Will of God - not just doing His will. If you have read her Diary (I have many times) you will come to that conclusion also.

18. lynnfiat

If you are interested in reading about the link between Luisa and St. Faustina, click on the file below:

Attached Files: