A church with hidden gate to hell?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Andy3, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

You mean you heard sin mentioned in a sermon, you are one up on me there.

Sugar and spice and all things nice, that is what little girls are made of.

Frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails, that is what little boys are made of.

Vatican II lost the little boys book. We all seem to be learning from the little girls book. :ROFLMAO::LOL::eek:

Carmel333, SgCatholic and AED like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

The Church used to teach that the main duty of the soul is to save itself from hell.

At first sight this seems very selfish. But, if you think of it, if you don;t save your own soul from Damnation we're not going to save anyone else.

No one goes to heaven alone.

No one goes to hell alone.

But our eyes should be turned towards heaven. If we're not paying attention to this goal (which equally mean avoiding hell) then how are we going to get there? By accident? Am I going to drift in?

If I was driving a car everyone would expect me to be paying attention, very serious attention. Driving my soul means paying attention. The major obstacle is driving my soul straight into hell.

Personally, I am very,very, very afraid of going to hell. I do love God. I do pray. I do try to keep the ten commandments. I do try to be a good Catholic.

Yet I am very,very,very afraid of hell and I do dread the Devil and the demons.

This used ot be normative for ordinary Catholics. I wish it still were.

3. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

AED likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

I wish sometimes many people could listen into the demons chatter as I do , especially during Mass. It is the most interesting and instructive thing though very chilling.
    A for instance.

My two lardg Akita's sun themselves at a ledge at the window. They are usually very chilled out but are the most excellent guard dogs. When they see something or someone they do not like they stand erect stare fixedly, the hair on the back of their necks rise and they growl, slow and low. They pay perfect, perfect attention.

The demons are like this. They always pay perfect, perfect attention to all and everyone that goes on around them. Their one intention is to drag souls of to hell. They are totally, totally fixated on this. It is their one dream, their one ambition. Their stare, they long, they crace for souls. They howl for them with all their being. . For this they never stop hungering.

They Demons are hunters. They seek souls. They seek to drag them off to hell.

[​IMG]

Carmel333, Muzhik and AED like this.
  5. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

I so hear you Padraig! My dogs too can sense evil and are extremely alert. If only people would understand how very intelligent and focused the enemies are! But most people I know just do not even want to think about it much less believe this is happening. Some of them live in mortal sin with no thought to the extreme danger they are in. I'm pretty sure the devil leaves them alone too. Is smart of him because they are lulled right into their clutches and stay there on their own free will. It seems only us ones trying to be holy are really attacked and they show themselves in truth the evil they are about. They try to scare us into submission. It seems to me when someone goes through a conversion the first act of the devil is to keep them out of the Catholic church. Even me when I got converted I had all sorts of protestants show up to tell me that the Catholic church is evil and they worship idols and God left the Church centuries ago. I read the whole bible and found out differently! I was already Catholic and knew most of this to be nonsense but I still had those doubts planted. Then I realized that I was afraid of confession! I thought this over and went anyway, and wow was so wonderful after 20 years away. I think the two things the enemy can't abide is the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Confession. These are the two things other than Baptism that Jesus Himself said we needed for eternal life ( giving the Church the authority to bind or forgive sin). From a demon's point of view, who also can read the bible, I would say they really don't care if you become a "Christian" as long as they keep you away from these sacraments. In fact, most protestants I know are very happy and comfortable in their churches and some of them are even living in mortal sin and don't feel the least concerned for their eternal salvation or for going any deeper into what Christ actually said and wants from us.

Sam, AED, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You have spoken Truth, Carmel.

Jo M likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I met a really lovely Baptist Pastor who came calling a few years back. He was Evangelising but doing it in a really nice way. Usually I don't bother but with him I talked a while. It turned out at one point he had been a Catholic. This caught my attention and so I asked him why he had left the Church, which of her teachings he had thought wrong. He explained about things like. 'Adoring Our Lady', as a False God and so.

I pointed out that all of the claims about false Teachings from the Catholic Church were about things that the Church did not actually teach or he had misunderstood and that the real reason he had left was that he had never properly been taught in th first place.

I liked him so much I went to his scripture classes but I am afraid I had to leave when I began to ask challenging questions which made him uncomfortable in front of the group. Poor man.

I see recently he is allowing Muslims to use his Church for prayer. Big mistake.

But he and his wife were very,very good people. Just very honestly mistaken. It is hard for people in their position to convert.

If simple logic and force of argument could convert people I would go down that road. But I think as Jesus said, He stands at the door knocking. But people have to want to open the door.

[​IMG]

8. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

So true Andy! As humans, without that fear of hell we really would just never come to be mature Christians who can face the enemy who not only comes during the end of time, but also that same enemy is after US personally and must be faced down with our full will and the Sacraments. To ignore this fact is dangerous. We must face it and at least renounce it, knowing that satan comes to us in the guise of light. We see the fall of Martin Luther in his writings and his separating Christians from the true Church, and how he was lulled by what he thought was an angel in a vision, and his own failings that he didn't feel he could overcome. The pride of feeling that God had chosen himself to take on the Church, and the vanity to think that HE would be the new authority over the Church. Well, we can easily see how a human can be persuaded to this nonsense. Once satan comes in light to temp us, and we renounce him, he then shows himself in his horrible form and tries to scare us away from becoming warriors for Christ. It is the peace beyond all understanding that Jesus and the Holy Spirit gives us that keeps us happy and close to heaven no matter the horror on earth.

Sam, AED and Andy3 like this.
  9. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

If you have never heard this conversion story it is a good one. When I first heard it, what I found very interesting was the discussion about how Satanists would infiltrate into church communities to destroy that church mainly through gossip and conflict. After they would destroy a church they would move on to a new one to destroy. The interesting thing to me was that they would only go into Catholic churches or Baptist churches to destroy and no others. He didn't know why but that is just how it was.

HeavenlyHosts and padraig like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Howard Storm's story was wonderful . I see he still gives talks.

This one is concerning what Jesus told him about God's Plan. I will watch this doing the housework now and delete it if it goes of the rails. :)

AED likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

Zachary is wonderful. I hear he is not well. Prayers.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  12. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Yes I so hear you! I too have a lot of protestant friends some fallen away Catholics who I guess just are still blinded against the true Church. Over the past 20 years I've really come to understand how just following the Catholic Church like a child protects us. Every time the devil tries to tempt me, I say I will check out what the Catholic Church teaches on the subject, and follow the Church teaching with my whole heart whether I understand it or not. If you never listen to ANYONE or ANYTHING other than the teaching of Jesus Church, you will be safe and eventually the demons will give up. Even if you don't understand something or maybe feel a rebellion against it, the obedience is what satan hates so much. Mind I don't mean the opinions of a human in the Church, I mean the teaching and doctrine that Jesus guaranteed until the end. As we know, there are many misled persons in the Church who try to downgrade a lot of her teachings. So important to know our faith or at least check our Catechism in these times.

Sam, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

The only strange thing for me about Howard Storm is he didn't become Catholic. It was a Catholic nun who challenged him and ultimately became wonderful friends with him, then after all this, he starts his own church in Cincinnati, which is a very Catholic city/area. Maybe God wanted him to reach non Catholics? I don't know but always found that odd.

padraig likes this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

So many mysteries.

I read a story about St Cardinal John Henry Newman, who of course was an Anglican Minister before his conversion. He set up, as an Anglican, 'Reformer', a semi Monastic Community called, 'Littlemore'.

Years later after he was a Catholic Priest the Anglican Minister spotted St John Henry standing outside the gates of Littlemore with tears streaming down his cheeks.

The saints conversion cost him hugely, Friends and family turning against him, he was considered a total traitor. Even within the Catholic Church after his conversion within the Church he was viewed with huge suspicion and even enmity. No wonder if tears ran down his cheeks. Poor man.

Conversion costs. It is not bought cheaply. I can understand why many simply will not pay the price.

But St John Henry simply wanted to follow the Light of the Truth and paid the price. This is what he was saying in this famous hymn.

AED likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

You know its not just about conversion to Catholicism. Its about conversion within the Church.

Many people refuse to admit that there is a huge, huge problem within the Church, in the Vatican and with the Holy Father himself. Why not? Because to do so would require very often paying a huge price and this many just refuse to do. It would endanger their comfort zone. So they go into denial.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I have always loved that portrayal of Our Lord. There is no door latch. We must open the door from our side to let Him in.
    "unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it."

Sam, AED and padraig like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Great post!

18. AED

AED Powers

Couldnt agree more! I had some similar experiences in my reversion many years ago.

19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I had a holy priest recently tell me that the demons lurk on the internet and often we have no idea that we are sharing with them.

Carmel333 likes this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Yikes.
    But it makes sense. St Jean Vianney told of a girl at a village dance was distressed because a handsome young man dan ced with all the girls but wouldnt Dan ce with her. The saint told her " my child it is because you wear Our Lady's Scapular. You were protected. That young man was a demon."

Carmel333, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.