A candle to moths, apparently

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by DesertStar7, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:42 AM.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Today a person who "disappeared" 3 years ago has suddenly resurfaced (online).

When I first encountered M in 2003, he was edgy, angry, having lots of trouble in his marriage. I figured it was his age (I'm 11 years older), gave marriage advice/encouragement. He has a sense of humor, and very intelligent, despite anger issues.

He and wife ended up divorced.

Later this person turned on me. Became hostile.

I really won't know what to say to M now (aside from praying for him), after 3 years of silence.

The ball's in his court.

2. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

It's a difficult one. It's good to be charitable but do you really need such a volatile person in your life just now? Praying for him and "baby steps "might be prudent.

3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Maybe just listen if the opportunity presents. It sounds like M has had a hard time in this life whether of his own making or not.
    I am of the belief that things like these happen for a reason.

Mary's child and DesertStar7 like this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Agreed (and with AidanK too).

M was always a self-identified anarchist as well. At the time (up to 5 years ago), I didn't take him too seriously. Figured anarchists were very fringe with few members. Not a real threat.

I doubt he's currently out there setting fires or beating people up, though, as I do think he's got some morals.

Aside from prayer, not sure I want to deal with M again. My perceptions have undergone a sharp "180" since June 2016.

Has he changed? Gotten better/older/wiser? Gotten worse? I'm no longer really friendly and curious. :whistle:

AidanK likes this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I think anarchy might appeal to some (mostly younger) people who have had unstable lives for one reason or another. Right up until they get a close and personal good hard look at the pain and suffering it causes others, especially the weakest among us, if they have a conscious that is. I think some people just want to see others hurt because they themselves were and place blame on society at large when they have no other place to put it or just can't make sense of it. That's why class and race wars are so easy to ferment IMO. It's always easier to point the finger than simply accept that for whatever reason we are ultimately responsible for ourselves. Some of us it seems start life at a bit of a deficit due to things outside our control.

DesertStar7 and AED like this.